• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New location for the Newburgh, NY Meet & Greet

Cap'n Bob

Well starting in April  (April 14, 2012). We will be moving the Newburgh Meet & Greet to try out a new diner. We have spent the last couple of years at the Gateway diner. Although  the Gateway was very convenient for folks to get to. The new diner is just around the corner from the gateway. Literally a short walk (or ride if you will).
  Anyway, the new diner is the Neptune Diner.  http://www.neptunediner.biz/    It's a little older than the Gateway, but probably a nicer place. I think the food is quite good as well. The Neptune is basically just past the gateway, then turn west on Rt 17K west. The Neptune is right there on the right side. Literally not even a quarter mile away from the old diner. Hopefully everyone will enjoy the new change of pace. Hope to see y'all there.

Bob

Event Location: Neptune Diner (Newburgh, NY) 
Address: 82 Rte. 17K
Newburgh , NY  12550 
Directions:  The Neptune Diner is in the Town of Newburgh, NY. It is located a short distance from both I-87 & I- 84. From Albany or NYC. Take I-87 (The NY State Thruway) to exit 17. Take a right on Rt300 South(Union ave). Proceed through three lights to 17K West. Make a right at the light. Then Neptune is on your right, From PA. Take I-84 east to exit 6. Make a right at the light on to 17K East (towards Newburgh). Travel 2.2 miles (through 2 lights). The Neptune will be on the left. From CT. Take I-84 west to exit 7B. Make a left at light on to 300(Union Ave). Proceed through 3 lights to 17K West. Make a right at the light on to 17K west. The Neptune will be on the right.
Location Phone: 845-564-2112

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=neptune+diner+newburgh&ll=41.506135,-74.071133&spn=0.007986,0.02105&fb=1&gl=us&hq=neptune+diner&hnear=0x89dd2bf1836bd927:0xf745d68dec3c106e,Newburgh,+NY&cid=0,0,12445378393323781657&t=m&z=16&iwloc=A

So now I've got to go ever further to get there?  I'm going to be even later.  ;D

I'm glad for the change.  The last couple of times at the Gateway haven't impressed me.  Especially the last time with the tips added to the individual bills without telling everyone.

Wish there was a diner in the area that served Taylor Ham...  Only one I've found is the College Diner in New Paltz. 

Great Bob, looking forward to trying the new place.

Regardless of which specific restaurant the M&G's are held at, I think it is great of you to put them on. The particular place does not mean much to me, it is much more of a social event to see the usual suspects and meet some new folks.

Brian

Cap'n Bob said:
    Well starting in April  (April 14, 2012). We will be moving the Newburgh Meet & Greet to try out a new diner. We have spent the last couple of years at the Gateway diner. Although  the Gateway was very convenient for folks to get to. The new diner is just around the corner from the gateway. Literally a short walk (or ride if you will).
  Anyway, the new diner is the Neptune Diner.  http://www.neptunediner.biz/    It's a little older than the Gateway, but probably a nicer place. I think the food is quite good as well. The Neptune is basically just past the gateway, then turn west on Rt 17K west. The Neptune is right there on the right side. Literally not even a quarter mile away from the old diner. Hopefully everyone will enjoy the new change of pace. Hope to see y'all there.

Bob

Outback Jon said:
Wish there was a diner in the area that served Taylor Ham...  Only one I've found is the College Diner in New Paltz.

I've heard of this mystical meat.  Seems if you don't live in south Jersey or near Philly, you can't get it.  I've heard it can be had in Hoboken though.

ChipDoc said:
Nothing weird about that.  (Except for that price at Amazon!)

And it can usually be found almost anywhere in NJ.  I used to get it in north Jersey all the time.  It's pretty much a staple at any diner in NJ.

I'll have to organize a COG ride in NE PA sometime.  My parents got a kick out of cooking breakfast for a group of about 25 riders a few years ago.  Scrapple and Taylor Ham were on the menu.  Had to expose the guys to some local delicacies. 

Neptune isn't bad.  Used to go there from time to time when I was stationed at Stewart Field.  (Used to be C5A Galaxies but they're converting to C17's - look up from time to time - you'll see a flying warehouse going by.)

Only problem with Neptune is that on occasion the OCC Soap Opera shows up to do yet another, "we're trying to work things out" episode. 

Yeah, OCC does film some of the show segments in there. They go there since it's only a 1/4 mile of so up the road from the OCC shop. Really no big deal. Plus they try to go on off times when they do. I seriously doubt you'll see any of them there on a Saturday at lunch time. 

Cap'n Bob said:
Yeah, OCC does film some of the show segments in there. They go there since it's only a 1/4 mile of so up the road from the OCC shop. Really no big deal. Plus they try to go on off times when they do. I seriously doubt you'll see any of them there on a Saturday at lunch time.
What a great clip that would be in an episode.  They roll in, and there's a parking lot full of Kawasaki Concourses!  :rotflmao:  With a whole bunch of ATGATT types standing around the bikes!  :rotflmao:

I'll be there . . . most likely in a cage. :(  My motor has an oil leak around the seal for the balance shaft adjustment.  The shop wasn't sure they will get the parts in soon enough for me to bring my motor in and have them installed before next Saturday.

Looks like it will definitely be in the cage because Vicki is coming along to check out the new meeting place.

OK, this coming Saturday will be the April meet & greet for Newburgh, NY. Hope to see y'all at the new location (just around the corner from the old one).  :)