• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New member and owner

Eric R.

Hi to this group. I guess I should have posted a hello message before asking any questions. I bought a new 2020 Concours recently. I have joined up here as well as the Facebook group page. I came off of a Triumph Rocket three tourer after four years of ownership. It became to heavy for me to handle, so I decided on the Concours.
Once I get the bike fitted to myself, I know that I'll be much happier with my new bike. The difference in handling and weight is so much better for me.
I'm sending my seat down to Terry's in TN this winter for a redo. I've already gotten the handlebars in a much better position, and then I'll add Ronnie's pegs for some more legroom. I have owned several larger cruisers in the past including two Valkyrie's, VN Nomad, and GL1800 Wing in addition to the Rocket. At this point in my life, as I said, I needed to go lighter and more nimble.
One thing that surprised me is the Facebook group is much more active than this one. Even though there are alot more members here. Not sure why that is.
Take care, Eric

Welcome Eric! Once you get the C14 dialed in to your liking you'll love it. Sounds like you are well on your way.
I agree the FB page is more active. Idk why either.

Ride safe
Chris

One thing that surprised me is the Facebook group is much more active than this one. Even though there are alot more members here. Not sure why that is.

Different people [and age demographics] seem to like different social media platforms.
Over the years the club has used a listserv, 3 different web forum software, Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and others platforms.
This information is posted about the club's Online Evolution web page: concours.org/COG-Online-Evolution