• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New member from Mobile Alabama

My name is Dean Buffington. Just joined this evening. Born & raised in San Diego Calif. Moved to Mobile Alabama in 1970. Worked At Mack Trucks for 32 years as body shop manager & Service manager. Have owned over 50 motorcycles all my life have 3 now. A mint 07 Suzuki 1250 Bandit. A mint 93 Honda Nighthawk 750 and a new to me beautiful 2000 model Kawasaki ZG 1000 with 15 thousand miles on it. I know a little about these bikes but i have a bunch of questions. I just found out a minute ago that the carbs were done by SISF. I got the booklet today by the previous owner who forgot it but mailed it to me. In the back of the booklet it says carb work / SISF at 11 thousand miles. I did not know what SISF meant but I do now. Big plus. Valves adjusted at 11 thousand also. So I was thankful for that.
Glad to be a new member & looking forward to learning more about this great bike.
P.S. I do not like Hurricanes at all.

Dean Buffington
Mobile Alabama

Welcome Dean!! You will get a lot of advise from our members... all positive! Enjoy your C10 with low miles!

My name is Dean Buffington. Just joined this evening.
Welcome to the group Dean! Check out the tech section for TONS of articles, tips and archived documents for the C10.

Search function works well on the forum, and if no luck don’t worry just ask away and usually you’ll get a bunch of feedback and again usually in a short time. Also - there’s no dumb question (I’ve tried 🤪) so do not hesitate.

Enjoy the practically new, hardly broke in C-10!

Wayne, Carol & Blue

Welcome Dean, whats wrong with the Honda Hurricane, good bike...lol. or maybe somebodys making ur hurricane a little too strong, i know a couple of those delicious drinks would put me under the table...lol

Join for the bike, stay for the people...

KONEHEAD. You know what hurricane I'am talking about. The one with the 135 mph winds that destroy everything in It's path. Lived in Al 48 years and still fear them. I did put my motorcycles in the house when the last one hit. Damage free

Welcome!
You’ll like it here.
You’ve experienced the great tech advice.
Next, try a rally…..these guys are pros

Best Regards
Bob

KONEHEAD. You know what hurricane I'am talking about. The one with the 135 mph winds that destroy everything in It's path. Lived in Al 48 years and still fear them. I did put my motorcycles in the house when the last one hit. Damage free

I've been 135 on a Hurricane... Or something like that, there was a lot of wind, think my friend said it was a F3. :)

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Welcome to COG.

Sorry dean i couldnt resist. Been down here near savannah for 3 years. Knocking on wood we havent had 1 since we moved here from the chicago area. My area has had more tornadoes in last 2 years than past 5..... i know they blame the 'dam yankee ' for that. I took the blame for the last snow we had ...lol

Welcome aboard Dan!

Consider attending BTH or RWTW coming up soon, either one would be an easy day ride for you.

Welcome Dean. I had a 2000 C-10 and it was great.

As Cliff said, we’ve got a couple of things on the calendar if you’re interested. Your local AAD is David Hamil, a fellow Alabamian and I’m over NE of Atlanta.

Re SISF and your bike, you can reach out to him (Shoodabeen Engineering) to see what was done. He’s in FL and keeps good records of his work.

Hope to meet you soon.
Ron Simmons
SE AD