• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New member Northern AZ

donjuan97447810

Hi All.

I'm joining the Cog family and will be picking up a new to me 2017 Concourse on Saturday. It has 6500 miles and really feels brand new. I'm looking forward to some longer riding and am planning a trip across the east coast and back.

I'm a fairly new rider with about 5 years experience. My first bike (And still here in the garage) is a 2013 KLR 650. I ride her mainly off-road and still enjoy it. But long distances was not her forte. I looked really hard at the FJR and the Goldwing. Goldwing is really pricey. FJR was tricky with the transmission recall. I feel like they are jacking up the price of the years 2020 and greater due to the recall. So Concourse won out.

I look forward to learning from the group and joining some rides.

The dealer pic below. I will post a few more pics when I get her.

1646949379312.png

Welcome. You’ll like it here. Lots of tech tips and good natured discussions
Hope to see ya at the National
Best Regards
Bob
That is what I'm hoping for. I like to maintain my own bike and do my own farkles. There is much to learn

When is National? I've been looking through the events. I will like to join one before I leave to the east coast.

Welcome Don from Southern California! We have many members in Arizona including Dan Charbonneau our Assistant Area Director from The Tucson area. Enjoy your beautiful 2017 Connie! Love that color!

She is beautiful. The picture don't do her justice. I'm about to unload her and ride. View attachment 31763

Welcome! Always happy to see an excited C14 rider join up!
Super sexy machine there. Even without the straps (the dealership pic) it looks like the bike was lowered.
First things I'd check are the tires, battery and fluids based on the age of the machine (it sat for a while by now).
Next I'd go ahead and send the ECU to @SISF (Steve) to get flashed with the MRP. Hands-down the best bang for the $'s.
Then I'd look at LED lamps all around (inexpensive but a huge gain in visibility) and handlebar risers.
Enjoy the ride and keep us in the loop as you add the miles! :^ )

Welcome! Always happy to see an excited C14 rider join up!
Super sexy machine there. Even without the straps (the dealership pic) it looks like the bike was lowered.
First things I'd check are the tires, battery and fluids based on the age of the machine (it sat for a while by now).
Next I'd go ahead and send the ECU to @SISF (Steve) to get flashed with the MRP. Hands-down the best bang for the $'s.
Then I'd look at LED lamps all around (inexpensive but a huge gain in visibility) and handlebar risers.
Enjoy the ride and keep us in the loop as you add the miles! :^ )
So I rode her for about 10 minute today. That was my first thought, she really is low to the ground. I like being higher. I'm gonna have to look at her more closely.

Yeah, send us pics of it and its kick stand ratio, as well as try to get a shot of the shock linkage. We may be able to tell if lowered for sure and maybe you have adjustable link. you may even have a lowered seat...

Yeah, send us pics of it and its kick stand ratio, as well as try to get a shot of the shock linkage. We may be able to tell if lowered for sure and maybe you have adjustable link. you may even have a lowered seat...
Sweet. I will take a pictures tomorrow and share. If it is adjustable, that would be awesome.

Yep, looks stock and the angle on the KS looks normal, you may just be too long legged. Is the spring/damping all set up to full stiff? Get a phone book to put on the seat?? My gawsh something has to work!

So I rode her for about 10 minute today. That was my first thought, she really is low to the ground. I like being higher. I'm gonna have to look at her more closely.
When you say low to the ground, you're talking about the space between the bottom of the bike to the ground, not from the seat to the ground? If so, you can run a 55 series rear tire. That will increase both measurements. Different seats will also alter the reach to the ground. Seats also affect windshield preferences. I just changed from a Corbin 2 piece seat to a flatter seat that raised me up a bit. Now if I had it to do over, I would go with the taller screen. I contacted MRA and they said they use the same main screen but different spoilers. If I want to change spoilers, I'd have to drill different mounting holes or go to a clamp on. Point is one should start at the bottom and work up. Changes to one affects others. Hope that helps people save some money and time.

When you say low to the ground, you're talking about the space between the bottom of the bike to the ground, not from the seat to the ground? If so, you can run a 55 series rear tire. That will increase both measurements. Different seats will also alter the reach to the ground. Seats also affect windshield preferences. I just changed from a Corbin 2 piece seat to a flatter seat that raised me up a bit. Now if I had it to do over, I would go with the taller screen. I contacted MRA and they said they use the same main screen but different spoilers. If I want to change spoilers, I'd have to drill different mounting holes or go to a clamp on. Point is one should start at the bottom and work up. Changes to one affects others. Hope that helps people save some money and time.
Thanks for the info.

I'm coming from a KLR 650 with knobby tires and Cogent suspension. She sits high and I could never flat foot her. I guess this is just what I am used to. I will adjust.

And just got plate. Will be riding tonight and all weekend!!!

Hi All.

I'm joining the Cog family and will be picking up a new to me 2017 Concourse on Saturday. It has 6500 miles and really feels brand new. I'm looking forward to some longer riding and am planning a trip across the east coast and back.

I'm a fairly new rider with about 5 years experience. My first bike (And still here in the garage) is a 2013 KLR 650. I ride her mainly off-road and still enjoy it. But long distances was not her forte. I looked really hard at the FJR and the Goldwing. Goldwing is really pricey. FJR was tricky with the transmission recall. I feel like they are jacking up the price of the years 2020 and greater due to the recall. So Concourse won out.

I look forward to learning from the group and joining some rides.

The dealer pic below. I will post a few more pics when I get her.

View attachment 31721
Many others have also said, but I will also add my "Welcome to COG" and the super awesome looking C14. Congrats.

In the past, I've had an FJY and had a Goldwing. For me, the Connie has been tops. I've never kept and ridden one as long as my C14. After nearly 7 years of ownership, it is still a pleasure to swing my leg over it and "blast" off. :)

Many others have also said, but I will also add my "Welcome to COG" and the super awesome looking C14. Congrats.

In the past, I've had an FJY and had a Goldwing. For me, the Connie has been tops. I've never kept and ridden one as long as my C14. After nearly 7 years of ownership, it is still a pleasure to swing my leg over it and "blast" off. :)
Blast off is the correct terminology. I learned this today. I am in love!!!!