• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New member zg1000 owner

exxteck6757

Hello everybody. Picked up a 2002 concours last week with 43000 miles. Changed oil and filter, plugs and two wires and went for a ride. I don't know history on this bike. Looks good with all luggage and one set of keys. A little different from my last bike which was a Yamaha raider with a 4 gal tank. I do like the extra 3.5 gal lol. Anyhow looks like I need do a little more work. Adjust valves and reseal forks! Bad leak on one of them. Ive read cut springs and put spacer but thinking of just going with new progressive springs, seals and bushings. Very cool bike. Any input on front suspension would be appreciated. Btw I did watch the youtube vid on checking for bent rods, no worries on this bike.

Welcome. You’ll like it here.
Great tech tips and good natured discussions
Hope to see ya at a rally someday
Or the Springfield IL mile tace
Cheers
Bob

Welcome to the group Exxteck. Your gonna like it here.

On your suspension, lots of info available.
As your used to a raider/softer style you may like the springs you have now.
(Just add some preload and see if it works for you).

If not, cutting or changing out springs is EZ to do. (Can be done by just removing the fork caps)
ie; You can do your seal replacement now and make spring changes later if you wish.

Ride safe, Ted

Welcome to the Group! Enjoy the machine, keep us posted on your progress.

Wayne, Carol & Blue

Well parts are ordered for front fork reseal. 3-5 business days. Hopefully next week git er done haha. I like connie_rider's advice and I will worry about springs later.