• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New ride posted on the SW calendar by SantaCruzRider

Looks like a great ride indeed.  Wish I could make it.  Starting that early though means I would have to leave by....let's see.... 811/24x2(3x<{~42}=  :-[  I should have paid more attention in math....something about a train leaving a station..... Oh crap!  By all accounts.....THURSDAY.

You guys have a great time though!!!

Ultimately, I think it will be less of a math problem and more physics -- something about an object at rest is tough to get off the dang couch  :)

SantaCruzRider said:
You're the second person to mention that -- happy to move it back to accommodate. What time would work for you?
You guys let me know and I can edit the calendar :) :beerchug:

I cannot make it even if the time is changed, I'm more speaking for future events from my perspective. Its just too far to start that early. Sucks too, cause I'm itching for a COG ride to meet our new AD.

I am sorry that I have an important commitment for that day. This is the perfect type ride where those of us from So. Cal. could meet half way and do part of the ride. Please lets get some other similar rides together.
By the way I love that Airline Highway rte 25 leg but would suggest you take it all the way down to San Miguel and then Slab it back to Greenfield.

DGOLD said:
By the way I love that Airline Highway rte 25 leg but would suggest you take it all the way down to San Miguel and then Slab it back to Greenfield.

Yeah, Peach Tree-IndianValley is a nice ride. But instead of 101 back, take San Marcos to G14 around San Antonio Lake/Jolon and then up to G16 to Carmel.

Butt...  for us guys coming from San Jose for this ride, the full Pinnacles-King City-Carmel loop is already over 300 miles. That's a big day ride. Adding in San Miguel adds another 100+ miles. BTW - the loop as is would be like 400+ miles for Brent.

Lots of great riding between G16 on the north and 58/Santa Margarita on the south. Linda Burch hosts a ride and bbq each October in this area.

It's great to see the input. Like Santa Cruz, post it and let me know we'll get it on the Calendar. Be it 1, 2 or 12.  :)

Jim and DGold -- I hope you guys do put together and post one of these other routes. I'm sure you both have way more experience and local knowledge than I and I appreciate the tips. :great:

For this posted ride, I'm going to stick with essentially the route as shown (at least the turning points) to avoid making what was originally an solo morning ride to check out Pinnacles into a multiday trip.

I did the 101-Fergussen-Hwy 1 link up a couple weeks ago with another Cogger and all the roads in this area just seem like they were imagined by a biker. I figured it would be best to hit the inland Pinnacles route before it gets too warm, but DGold -- you probably have way more vented gear than I -- so it's relative.

Cheers,
Dan

Ride looks awesome but WAY too far for me (coming from AZ) and don't have any way to make it into a long weekend or anything.  ???

However, I have a technical question... was this posted directly to the calendar or did it start as a regular post on the forum and then get moved/added to the calendar?    Just trying to figure out how these things work.  I have an idea for a ride similar to this... mostly me and a friend going for a breakfast ride but then posting it for others to join in as it's always more fun in groups...  But I'm not sure I even know how to get the ball rolling.  How far in advance do these things need to be planned and do the impromptu(ish) rides get put on the calendar or is that only for the further in advance, more organized/larger rides?

Sorry for all the questions...

Maybe there should be a sticky at the top of the Rides section, or at least at the top of our region's sub-forum w/ the "rules" if there are any?

LadyDi said:
Ride looks awesome but WAY too far for me (coming from AZ) and don't have any way to make it into a long weekend or anything.  ???

However, I have a technical question... was this posted directly to the calendar or did it start as a regular post on the forum and then get moved/added to the calendar?    Just trying to figure out how these things work.  I have an idea for a ride similar to this... mostly me and a friend going for a breakfast ride but then posting it for others to join in as it's always more fun in groups...  But I'm not sure I even know how to get the ball rolling.  How far in advance do these things need to be planned and do the impromptu(ish) rides get put on the calendar or is that only for the further in advance, more organized/larger rides?

Sorry for all the questions...

Maybe there should be a sticky at the top of the Rides section, or at least at the top of our region's sub-forum w/ the "rules" if there are any?
Hi Dianne and absoloutley no worries. If you want to put together an organized COG ride just contact me or your AZ AAD Bert. We can then get them posted on the calendar. The more notice the better and we do like to fill the calendar up to give folks lots of options. Be it 1 or 2 members showing, up to 20 it helps to show "Hey, were out here". It is not required though. To post up last minute and non COG rides there is a spot on the forum for that too. Getting it on the Calendar helps us to track participation and logs it for historic purposes, keeps all those registered in contact for updates etc. You just let us know. Were here to help. :beerchug:

Sounds good.  I ran into Jeff and David by accident this weekend and am hoping to get together w/ them on a ride soon.  I'll meet Bert at the Oatman run and, hopefully, by then will be ready to post my run.  Wouldn't be anything fancy, just a breakfast/lunch ride but then, it doesn't sound like it has to be anything super duper or overnight or anything...

Thanks! 

LadyDi said:
Sounds good.  I ran into Jeff and David by accident this weekend and am hoping to get together w/ them on a ride soon.  I'll meet Bert at the Oatman run and, hopefully, by then will be ready to post my run.  Wouldn't be anything fancy, just a breakfast/lunch ride but then, it doesn't sound like it has to be anything super duper or overnight or anything...

Thanks!
Oops. I added an N didn't I. ??? Make sure you register for the Oatman ride and I'll see C U there too!

Heh... no worries about the extra N... My g'ma always used to say that she didn't care what she was called as long as it wasn't late to dinner...  And I subscribe to the same philosophy.  :)

As far as Oatman... gosh, yes, I guess I actually need to register...  :-\ LOL... Been on my calendar so long and planning it so forgot that I hadn't officially registered yet.  :rotflmao:  I'll do that shortly.  Thanks for the reminder!!

Giving this scheduled ride a bump as we are now one week out.

So far, I'm the only registered rider. Not a problem and I still intend to make the ride, just probably a bit faster and with fewer stops.  :motonoises:

Fair warning though -- if I don't get any more registered riders, I may move the start time back to my original earlier time and my meet up will be more like a coffee guzzle with the Connie idling out front. ;)

So, please, sign up now -- and I'll get to hit that snooze bar a few extra times.

Dan

JPavlis_CA said:
We have to register???  I said I'd be there.
Good onya Jim  :motonoises: Anyone else out there please take a minute to register. Helps the host in planning. You guy's have fun. Looking forward to pics and a ride report. :great:

Final reminder -- we're locked and loaded for Saturday's ride to Pinnacles, King City and Carmel via Carmel Valley. Two COG members confirmed, but it's always great to have more.

Details are on the SW COG calendar, but as a reminder, we're meeting at 8:30 a.m. at Starbucks in on Tres Pinos in Hollister, with departure set for 9.

I'll have route maps and Starbucks cards to front everyone come caffeine and snacks, and the weather and route promise to provide a great first ride for spring.

Send me a PM is you have any questions -- I'll be checking late Friday.  :motonoises:

Wish I could join you guys, but had other plans this weekend.  Looking forward to the next one, though.  Thanks for planning this, Dan.