• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New Ride...WOW!

djb2014

Training Wheels
After riding Goldwings for the past twenty + years I decided to try something different.  I picked up a new 2011 Black C14 yesterday.  The ride back from the dealer was approximately 100 miles and I must say this is one sweet ride.  It sure puts the fun factor back in riding.  I must say I think I got a pretty good deal from Sport Cycles of Rockingham, NC.  The out the door price for ABS was 12498.00, what do you guys think? Since I'm new to this board look forward to learning from you guys.

Congrats on your new C14. Personally I would have gone with silver, but that's me!  :)

I think you got a very decent price on your Black Beauty. That's over 3K off list. Yes I know that it's pretty much a left over bike now. But for that price for basically the same bike, how can you go wrong. Again, congrats and welcome!  :welcome:

P.S.  we have an actual introduction section down towards the bottom on the main forum menu, if you would like to introduce yourself officially to the whole board. Not necessary, but up to you if you would like.

AH HA!  So we can now say that Kipass issues are because of Silver paint...  ;)

Congrats on the new bike, man!

I can't say for sure because it probably varies by area of the country, but in my opinion you got a real nice price. I paid just under 14000 for mine.

It is a great ride though, isn't it? I came off a cruiser and I'm really enjoying how easy it is to handle this bike, how quick it is, and just how fun it is to ride. I've had mine for just over 3 weeks and have 1300 miles on it, and have probably ridden every day it wasn't raining. It's the 1st bike I've ever had that I can't wait to ride. 

Sport Cycles does have great prices. I drove from Charlotte (75 miles) to buy my 2011 Connie back in the Spring. I paid a little more than you but not much. It was $1500+ less than any shop in Charlotte at the time. Congrats on your new ride. You will love it.