• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New to the Connie.

sttyree491

Good evening y'all!
I have been wanting a Connie for many years as an old friend of mine was an avid rider and huge Connie fan.
Just bought my first, an 02 and brought her home last Saturday. No other option than to drive her home...35 degrees and wind gusts up to 40 mph in western NC! 114 miles with detours and three hours later, home!
Hope to gain a lot of knowledge here and meet up with some of you folks!

Just a bit top heavy but overall a great ride, except for the cold! The bike is in good working order as the previous owner was quite meticulous in the up keep. That was the only reason I chose to ride it home.
He had installed risers so not quite as much forward lean as I had anticipated.
Very comfortable ride, responsive and very well balanced.
No issues in the corners, she wanted to stand back up almost before I was ready.
Now I'm getting ready to do a complete fluid change just because that's what I do with new vehicles.

Good evening y'all!
I have been wanting a Connie for many years as an old friend of mine was an avid rider and huge Connie fan.
Just bought my first, an 02 and brought her home last Saturday. No other option than to drive her home...35 degrees and wind gusts up to 40 mph in western NC! 114 miles with detours and three hours later, home!
Welcome to the group - expect you will enjoy the c-10 content, expertise and collaboration here! Make certain to check out the chalk dust collection in the technical documents section.

Western NC?? I’m jealous - the Smokey Mountains in your backyard???! We are located is SE Pennsylvania however have ridden the up, down, through and around then Smokey Mountain range each year for the last 4 years (sometimes multiple trips a given year).

Wayne, Carol & Blue

Bet you appreciated the C-10's fairing coverage at those temps! A naked bike would have been really cold at 35.

Western NC... Spoiled for good roads. Note, my avatar pic is from the western end of the Cherohala. :)

Attachments

• Cherohala_1.jpg
    Cherohala_1.jpg
    258.8 KB · Views: 101
Welcome to COG, sttyree491, and the new-to-you Connie.

Wow, what an awesome area to live in (western NC). I'm in north AL and TN is in my backyard (so to speak), so some nice riding here too.

Ur gonna have to get together with jerry hollnd aka cognosticator on the forum. He recently left southeast georgia nd moved up near Franklin nc. Currently rides a Triumph speed triple in red. He's had a few connies both c10 and c14s along with a an fjr or 2.....lol.

He's a great planner of rides and rte's.....and for years was the coordinator of the rwtw run with the wolf cog rally..

Welcome! The C-10 is a great bad weather bike. I rode mine at 35 degrees many times. It’s even better at keeping you dry. Check out the SE events calendar and come show off that bike!
Ron

Good evening y'all!
Welcome! I bought a 2009 C14, which will be delivered from Texas next week. Weather forecast went from partly sunny high 40s to possible snow and rain with mid 30s temps. Luckily, the delivery site is only a mile from the house! Enjoy your ride.