• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New TPMS units

cuda

I had the tires changed by a HD guy, lives next door to me, In the past he had a employee do the work this time Dumbo him self did the change over, he broke both so I ordered new ones another shop that did the new tire and sensor installation work said they could program the new ones, the owner and his wife both have ZX 14s so I pick my bike up and I'm told they could not set them up, no one told me to keep the boxes they came in so I go to the dealer and they ask for the boxes that I don't have... now what? are there numbers on the sensors that can be read with the tires off?

Last edited:
IIRC from previous posts, you're SOL. Hopefully I am wrong. Best of luck to you.

Nope. You need the plastic bag or box they came in. There is a code on that.

I'd be putting the replacement costs back on Dumbo, and then I'd be finding a shop which actually knows what they're doing for future tire changes.

Looks like a ID# on the inside of the first gen TPMS. Don't know if the new version can be opened up but if so it might be worth looking. RearTPSBeforeBattChange.JPG

Thank You
Z

Yeah my next door neighbor had one of the Sherriff helicopter pilots working for him as a mechanic he changed three set no problem till Knucklehead did it, I was hoping to keep those old one just replace the battery's.