• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Next COG Rally 2020 is......

4bikes

COG#9715 AAD
Hot off the press. Just announced. The next COG Rally will be in Vancouver Washington. June 15-19th

Don’t miss it. The rally in Williamsport Pa has been great. Met new folks and rode with riders better than me and schooled me a ton.  Lots to do.

Charlie_Gary_AAD said:
Who wants to help me with route suggestions?

Charlie,

My guess is you know all the great routes already but I would be happy to help any way I can.  Only 11 months to plan...let's go do some route reconnaissance!

Andy

Charlie_Gary_AAD said:
I'll be glad to help too. 

Being in Vancouver, it opens things up for both Washington and Oregon.  I'm going to the Northwest Sport Touring Rally in August.  I think they have a book on routes through the Columbia Gorge area.  This would be a good reason to pick up the book.

And of course, we'll have to try them out...  :)

Chris

Charlie_Gary_AAD said:
Gotta do a 202 out to Astoria through Jewel unless you're tryna stay strictly on the Warshingtin side. I have tons of ideas for either side of the Gorge as well. Just remember, there are 100X as much highway patrol in WA compared to OR. Thank God for our inconsistent tax base.

Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy

I can hardly wait.  This rally has been a  blast!  But onward and upward.  Good times!

Alright, time to change the banner on the home page. :D :D

No wait I am serious! :character0029:

I am looking forward to it, great place to have a rally.

Do they have Busch Light out there or only that fancy stuff? :beerchug:

ZG/ZN Kim said:
I am looking forward to it, great place to have a rally.

Do they have Busch Light out there or only that fancy stuff? :beerchug:
Rally central is in a prime location, there are a dozen or more restaurants within walking distance, Vancouver Mall is a 12 minute walk, and you could skip to Total Wine and More to get another box of Busch Light or just about any other soda ya can think of. :beerchug:

HeavyRotation said:
Charlie_Gary_AAD said:
Gotta do a 202 out to Astoria through Jewel unless you're tryna stay strictly on the Warshingtin side. I have tons of ideas for either side of the Gorge as well. Just remember, there are 100X as much highway patrol in WA compared to OR. Thank God for our inconsistent tax base.

We definitely want to get Oregon roads included in the choices, which is where some Oregonians can help save the day with route suggestions.
  Along with routes, we want to provide a list of attractions people can see/experience on their way to and from the rally.

Pamela and I are IN!!!!!!!!!

Great venue and riding, not to mention Decade Volcano Central!!!!!!

Making reservations.........lots of good USFS roads up there too for off roading.

gr33mAn

I always get a chuckle out of someone saying, "X place is within 'walking distance.' " There is no place in North America that's not within "walking distance." It just depends on how far you're willing to walk; a few minutes or a few months. 😄😄😄

Just a stones throw away.

giphy.gif

kv5e said:
Pamela and I are IN!!!!!!!!!

Great venue and riding, not to mention Decade Volcano Central!!!!!!

Making reservations.........lots of good USFS roads up there too for off roading.

gr33mAn
I do the Black Dog every year in Hood River area, epic Dual Sport area, great roads and trails with unbeatable scenery.

Well shit, I just renewed again. I'm officially a COG member again.
If that doesn't show my gratitude for bring the National back to my area, I don't know how else to say it.
Thanks to everyone involved.
I've been bitchin about it for a long time.
Glad its back on the left coast.

Reservations Made!!!!!!!

Looking forward to a fantastic venue and riding area!!!!!!

Craig and Pamela

Jim_Sherman_ID said:
Charlie - Bruce and I talked about heading up there and doing some exploring after the Lava Run. Want to go?

Hmm. Vacation allotment starts over August 1st.  I'll have some paid time off from work available.  I just might be convinced that's a good idea.

I don't have paid vacation but I am saving for it now!!!

Charlie_Gary_AAD said:
HeavyRotation said:
Charlie_Gary_AAD said:

We definitely want to get Oregon roads included in the choices, which is where some Oregonians can help save the day with route suggestions.
  Along with routes, we want to provide a list of attractions people can see/experience on their way to and from the rally.
Since it had been awhile, I went from the Couve out 14, over the big bridge, up to the tower and out 202/47 back to the valley. Perfect day loop with wonderful views of the River down 14, lunch in Astoria and a shredding back on twisty 202/47. I went out to 5 down 47 because i was riding back to Eugene but if i was doing a route back to Vancouver Id bail off 47 at the Pittsburg intersection and take the Scapoose-Vernonia hwy back out to 30 and back into Vancouver that way. That's a minimal freeway 200 miles. 202 has been paved since i was last on it and was in reasonably good shape, lots of motorcycles out there on a Sunday.

MrPepsi said:
Estacada, OR to Detroit, OR is not too far away, and is an epic road.
That's Brightenbush, was my next suggestion as well, though its kinda a slog from Couve to Estacada, could also tack on NF11? from just above Detroit over the drainage down to Sweethome/Greenpeter via Quartzville rd onto that for a monster loop. I keep going through route options that avoid any freeway, major highways or straight roads. An out and back on Brightenbush is a great option.

Charlie,
if you want my inputs on NW Oregon roads from just west of portland to the coast and down a ways i'll send some.
best regards,
-tdbru

On the other hand Gumby and I live fairly close to each other so i'm sure he knows more of the NW Oregon backroads than i do.
-tdbru

tdbru said:
On the other hand Gumby and I live fairly close to each other so i'm sure he knows more of the NW Oregon backroads than i do.
-tdbru

By all means, please let me know what you like.  I've got some Butler Maps that are helpful, but input from locals is priceless!

Charlie

Charlie,
are you going to be at the lava run this weekend?  i can show you some trails at the lava run on the maps that are not too far to loop from Vancouver and back.  they may be repeats of Gumby's inputs though.
-tdbru

NW Cogger's advice sought.

i live about 32 miles from Vancouver.  would it make more sense to just commute every day to the rally so that the rally lodging would be freed up for someone else coming in from out of state??  hmmm.... or maybe just call up the day before the rally and see if they filled up yet, and then decide??  Based upon past nationals, does all the contracted rally lodging fill up?
thanks,
-tdbru

tdbru said:

i live about 32 miles from Vancouver.  would it make more sense to just commute every day to the rally so that the rally lodging would be freed up for someone else coming in from out of state??  hmmm.... or maybe just call up the day before the rally and see if they filled up yet, and then decide??  Based upon past nationals, does all the contracted rally lodging fill up?
thanks,
-tdbru

How much money do you want to spend to not ride 32 miles?  I will be sleeping in Stevenson.

tdbru said:
Charlie,
are you going to be at the lava run this weekend?  i can show you some trails at the lava run on the maps that are not too far to loop from Vancouver and back.  they may be repeats of Gumby's inputs though.
-tdbru

I will be there, maps at the ready.

thanks Charlie,  good point.  32 miles will just be a warm up :)
that should leave lodging available for other COG members. 
-tdbru

Charlie_Gary_AAD said:
tdbru said:

thanks,
-tdbru

How much money do you want to spend to not ride 32 miles?  I will be sleeping in Stevenson.

OR not having to ride home after enjoying the company of all these wonnerful folks? (and maybe after imbibing a beverage not made from celery and carrot juice)  Just saying... Rally Central is ALWAYS where things are happnin'!!!  That said... I'd probably communte and just WISH I was staying at Rally Central.  And it's hard to say about blocked rooms all selling out.  Maybe Yes, maybe No.  But they will come off being blocked/reserved sometime before the rally occurs so advance notice to get the COG deal (or perhaps a room at all) is usually required.  Again, just sayin'.

There is plenty of room at Rally Central, book a room Brian and hang with us. :great:

Charlie_Gary_AAD said:
tdbru said:

thanks,
-tdbru

I have the Walking Man Brewery sticker on my bike. Nice place. Good grub and suds.

MrPepsi said:
Unbelievable. I never thought it would happen.
I might actually make it to a national rally.

Plans changed, I have a pool tournament the weekend before and my wife doesn't want to go.
Sorry everyone, maybe the next time it's on the West Coast.

MrPepsi said:
I have a pool tournament the weekend before and my wife doesn't want to go.
Really? Pool tournament vs. motorcycle rally and pool wins. You have some issues you need to work out with yourself Brent. :-[

And leave her at home! :rotflmao:

If you only knew the whole story.
18 more months or so, and I'll be living in Oregon and all will be better anyway.