• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

No Frills Camping Weekend and Flat Track Event [MA] Fri 6/8 - Sun 6/10

ghabel

Join hosts Greg & Tracey Habel for a spring camping weekend in north central MA on the NH border at the Otter River State Forest. On Saturday 6/9 we’ll have a morning ride (departs promptly from the campground entrance at 10 am), lunch at Gill Tavern in Gill, MA at 12 pm followed by a nice ride and finally attending a Flat Track race in Winchendon, MA at 4pm. (Annual Jamison Minor Memorial Race)  http://www.wvrclub.com/home.html

Sign-up and further details here:http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDetailPublic2.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=248888

Tenting not your thing? Try one of the yurts (a canvas cabin) at the campground complete with bunk beds, tables, chairs, water, and electric. Just bring your own linens and utensils.

Meals are on your own.  This is a no-frills event.

Camping not your thing or just want to go on the ride or attend the race?  Join us anyway!

So far no takers on camping.  At least 1 or 2 people are joining for the ride that starts from the campground at 10 am.
There's hotels a bit away from the campground if people are interested.  Still nice to get away.
If I wasn't camping I would do an Airbnb and stay in someones home.  So far Tracey and I have done about 3 of those - more affordable than a hotel and very homey.  Many include free breakfast prepared by the host(s).  There's one close by in Baldwinville for $46 for 1 night.

Anyone want to join for the ride or just meet us at the track?

COG-528 said:
Greg Habel said:
The fees listed, on the Event Detail, for Camping are for Massachusetts Residents.  Non-residents of Mass will pay considerably more at $27 + $15.  At that price the AirBnb sounds like a much better choice.
It's hard to put a price on camping in the woods.    Much like riding a motorcycle we get to experience the environment close up.  Cool temperatures in the morning, the smell of a campfire, sounds of nature, etc. 
Mike, I see where you got the $27 but not the $15.  There is a $8.65 one time fee for Reserve America to make the reservation.  That's regardless of residence.

Greg Habel said:
COG-528 said:
Greg Habel said:
The fees listed, on the Event Detail, for Camping are for Massachusetts Residents.  Non-residents of Mass will pay considerably more at $27 + $15.  At that price the AirBnb sounds like a much better choice.
It's hard to put a price on camping in the woods.    Much like riding a motorcycle we get to experience the environment close up.  Cool temperatures in the morning, the smell of a campfire, sounds of nature, etc. 
Mike, I see where you got the $27 but not the $15.  There is a $8.65 one time fee for Reserve America to make the reservation.  That's regardless of residence.
I will accept I may have made an error on the $15 fee.  In the Event Detail you say it is an $8 fee and the only $8 fee I found on the Otter River webpage was a Mass Resident parking fee.  So I used the non-resident parking fee.  I obviously missed the $8.65 reservation fee for Reserve America.  I'm sorry if my error created any confusion for anyone else.

COG-528 said:
Greg Habel said:
COG-528 said:
Greg Habel said:
I will accept I may have made an error on the $15 fee.  In the Event Detail you say it is an $8 fee and the only $8 fee I found on the Otter River webpage was a Mass Resident parking fee.  So I used the non-resident parking fee.  I obviously missed the $8.65 reservation fee for Reserve America.  I'm sorry if my error created any confusion for anyone else.
No worries.