• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

North TX - Ride to the Indian Bridge - Nov 18

arjay2

Looking at the calendar, there are not many weekend days left in the year with the holidays approaching.

So, weather permitting, lets ride to the 'Indian Bridge' near Illinois Bend in Montague County.

Meet for breakfast at the Dove Creek Café in Roanoke. Then north through Justin, Ponder, Forestburg, St.Jo and down to the Red River.

Lunch for those still hungry at Rohmers in Muenster afterward.

Let me know any interest.

https://cog.memberize.net/clubportal/EventEdit.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=248074

Thanks

I think Pamela and are penciled in.......great fun on the bridge if you want to blow the soot out! :motonoises:

My daughter lives in Roanoke....    :hum:

But I have to be in Port Lavaca the next morning.  >:D

Rev, we should be done with the ride around 3. You can make the ride down to the coast after and arrive around midnight. We'll all be humming the theme music to Smokey and the Bandit to help you get there. Lol

I think I'll pencil in for this one, too. Sounds good. My daughter and I rode to Muenster a couple of years ago. Rohmer's was closed. I don't remember why. We had lunch at Doc's Bar and Grill and it was great. They had the best carrot cake I've ever had at a restaurant.

Hey everyone in DFW and OK, let's make this ride! Weather looks good & COG will have some goodies to pass out to the riders who can get off their Rusty Dusty and SHOW UP!

Craig

Well, turns out I had a prior commitment and had forgotten about it.  I won;t be making the trip for sure now.    :??:

copdocpvd said:
I'd like to join...what time is everyone meeting at the restaurant before the ride?

0730-0800 for Breakfast.

Muster and Kick Stands Up  at 0900

Had to go out and get some new boots for Saturday.

Sidi-Cobra-Gore.jpg

Ripped the sole loose on a turn in Big Bend from the toe  :motonoises:, hey.....they were only 11 years old.

kv5e said:

Ripped the sole loose on a turn in Big Bend from the toe  :motonoises:, hey.....they were only 11 years old.

Those look nice, Craig, but how do you break them in? I have a pair of Alpinestars Tech 7 boots and they're as stiff as steel with no bend at the ankle unless I put most of my weight on them. They're like wearing casts! How do you shift gears or use the foot brake while wearing casts? I appreciate any tips you can give me.

When I initially tried to break these things in, it was while I was still recovering from my crash three years ago, so I didn't have full use of my right leg then.

Bigfoot_16 said:
kv5e said:

Those look nice, Craig, but how do you break them in? I have a pair of Alpinestars Tech 7 boots and they're as stiff as steel with no bend at the ankle unless I put most of my weight on them. They're like wearing casts! How do you shift gears or use the foot brake while wearing casts? I appreciate any tips you can give me.

When I initially tried to break these things in, it was while I was still recovering from my crash three years ago, so I didn't have full use of my right leg then.

I walked in the store with them, they will be OK and with my smaller stature, it is easier to flex them in my riding position.

Sidis overall are pretty stiff in the ankles, but that is a good feature.  The soles are a bit easier to flex than the ankles, but no problem for shifting and walking isn't bad either.  After Big Bend I'm due a new set too.  These are pretty sporty looking Craig... a perfect fit for the Greenman I'd say.  :motonoises: :great:

I am hoping that the pressure gradient on the front Saturday is not too great, below Wind Advisory Criteria from the NWS we are IN, if the NWS sends a Wind Advisory for Saturday Morning, then Pamela and I are likely OUT.

Craig

copdocpvd said:
There's a NWS wind advisory from 7am to 3pm Saturday, does this mean the ride is cancelled?

Pete

That would be up to the Event Host, Bob.

My wife does not like to ride in high crosswinds unless it is absolutely the way to get home from a trip.

Pamela and I are out, winds slacken off on Sunday with decent temps after warming up a little.

Craig

I rode for a couple of hours today and it was very windy. It's not fun to ride in conditions like that. Tomorrow's winds are supposed to be 20 to 30 MPH with gusts up to 40 MPH. No thanks. I'll be staying home tomorrow.

Bob (event host), Manuel, Mike and I are going forward as planned with the ride. We will meet at the Cafe’ at 8 and ride out at 9. Feel free to join us. Can you say “wind screens up!” Lol

Well we made it! Wind and all. Thanks Bob for leading the group. I’m glad the people who were two up didn’t come as the wind would have made it way to uncomfortable.
I’m looking forward to the next one. Cheers everyone!

Glad you all had a good ride. It was too buffeting for two up and I would have had to turn the intercom way down!!!!! :-X ;D

What wind?
:motonoises:

https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.CIFvlla2ox2zC2tLqLvIxAEsDB&w=299&h=192&c=7&qlt=90&o=4&pid=1.7