• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Northeast Pa Meet-Endless Mountain Ride 2013

dimetraveler

Is anybody interested getting together for a NE Pa ride and maybe camp over? Located outside of Scranton 20 minutes away,alot of good routes to travel around here and I have a lot of camping space,fire pit job johnny and fresh water and power on site,my friend also owns kayak business 2 miles from here ,trips on the river fairly cheap,live out in the sticks 34 acres quiet.Any time in last week July ,Aug,Sept is good by me.   

i'd be interested. myself and the wife would come out for the ride, as far as staying overnight, my parents live in equinunk and probably stay there the night. they live about 40 minutes north east of scranton.  :beerchug:

dimetraveler said:
Is anybody interested getting together for a NE Pa ride and maybe camp over? Located outside of Scranton 20 minutes away,alot of good routes to travel around here and I have a lot of camping space,fire pit job johnny and fresh water and power on site,my friend also owns kayak business 2 miles from here ,trips on the river fairly cheap,live out in the sticks 34 acres quiet.Any time in last week July ,Aug,Sept is good by me. 

Hey dimetraveler! Get me the details and put together a route, and I can post it to the calendar for you! What dates/times work for you? I'm on call for work the weekend of the 19th, but should be free the following weekend, as well as the one before.

Do you have any routes in particular you'd like to include? Maybe put it together on Google maps and we can add the link to the calendar entry. Last weekend in July good for everyone?

Hey dimetraveler....  Thanks for offering to host a weekend activity.  Have you considered becoming a full member of COG? Then we can work together to get this promoted via the club's online schedule and newsletter. 

For anybody following this post July 27th looks good for me,we can all take off from the Falls Post office parking lot Route 92 zip 18615,i have a pretty good ride picked out about 110 miles give or take a few,some good stops along the way for Food and beverages if anybody wants too. If aanybody wants to come Friday or stay over camping until Sunday you are all welcome.    Bill

I'm thinking I can pull this off, and would be looking to camp Friday and Saturday nights.  :motonoises:  Thanks for putting this together.

I'm in for the ride, however, i have to work Friday and Saturday nights so a camp over (which I'd really enjoy) is out for me...7:00 a.m. start  >:D for the ride ?

SugarRay said:
I'm in for the ride, however, i have to work Friday and Saturday nights so a camp over (which I'd really enjoy) is out for me...7:00 a.m. start  >:D for the ride ?

As much as I'd love to give an emphatic yes to a long day's riding starting at 7am, I do think that might be a bit too early for some folks (myself included, since the meetup point would be over 2 hours away!)

Start time is not 7am that's what Sugaray would like I realize a lot of the riders are coming from some distance,i was thinking around a 10am or 10:30am start or what ever we can agree on.don.t call it quits yet on the ride!

Going to due the route again today weather is nice,i want to mark down exact mileage.I don't have a gps so it will be posted old school.maybe a few other  :-\ members will jump in for the ride.

Did the route again today took a lot longer  had some friends with me a lot good stops along the way,one detour I had to go around but picked up a nice spot to stop along the way for some sight seeing and pics,if there is anybody staying over Saturday after the ride I will be going to a rodeo to watch my daughters horse trainer ride the bucking bronc's.More then likely to ride out if not I drive the suv. lets keep this thing rolling.

Is everybody still interested in the 27th ride,nice little ride some good stops along the way,we will get a start time setup and we will go from there.

dimetraveler said:
Is everybody still interested in the 27th ride,nice little ride some good stops along the way,we will get a start time setup and we will go from there.

I'm unfortunately not going to be able to make it.

I was hoping I'd be able to make this event, unfortunately gotta head down to Virginia to help my in-laws move. At least I'll be able to take the bike down!!!  >:D

Hey DT. Looks like I'm still in. I was a bit worried since I was motorcycle camping out in western Md and western Pa this week and was going to criuse in as part of the trip. A broken pipe at home had me heading there to see what is going on.  It's manageable but still sux.

If I understand, the meeting location is US Post Office 26 Woodside Dr, Falls, PA 18615-9800 at 10:30 am. In that case, since I'm home, I can make that a day trip since its a about a 3 hour ride.  The original early start had me thinking of more camping, but 10:30 is better.  I wouldn't mind seeing your campsite if we happen to be in the area. Count me in and thanks for arranging the tour.  :beerchug:

Nice ride Bill and great place to stop for lunch. It was good meeting you and Ray.

I hit 5 minutes of heavy rain just before Frackville. I had to gas up anyway, so I stopped and checked the radar. More rain was heading in from the south, so I opened wide throttle for home just in time to beat the next batch. 

I would do that ride again.  Thanks for organizing it.  Let us know how that front wheel worked out ::)

Steve

Well it was a good ride besides the rock I hit split up the boys ,stopped at the local watering hole for a cold one or two,came out to a flat tire,oh well that's my luck will check it out in the morning. thanks sugaray and 4 bikes nice meeting you guys ,hope to do some more riding in the future.
                                                  Bill

Well, we were talking about flats before the ride.  What did you expect?  Sorry we jinxed you.

I enjoyed the ride and lunch as well !!! great route...I hope I remember some it for a repeat  :)) thanks! Very nice to meet you both!