• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Northern Michigan Concours riders?

Richard Wulf also lives in T.C. & is pretty active in Michigan events. The new AAD Randy Tata lives in Fenton & is doing his best to move the monthly events all over the Wolverine. That included the West Branch hillclimb last summer. Both he & Richard are playing around in Colorado at the National this week. Be sure to give Randy a shout next week after he returns.

The hill climb? I hope not on a Concours...

Never attended bike week here... It used to be a "Hog Rally" and I didn't own a Hog then...

Connie's can do it all. Yep I am in TC and loving it. Randy and I are
trying to put something together for August.
I am looking forward to meeting you and TC Beard.

I was in Northern Michigan last week- just further north.  Rode up to the western UP & out to Copper Harbor.  Nice area & I'll be back for more soon!

I'll be riding up Route 66, well Michigan 66, to Kalkaska and spending the night in Indian River on July 5. You're welcome to join us.

I'm thinkin' somebody up there ought to throw a dart at a northern lower Michigan map and do an RTE.

Good idea?

I may be speaking out of place but I think Randy has thrown the dart and missed.
We are now looking for the dart, in the mean time wait and watch for further posts.

Okay my friends - this thread has finally hit my radar!  Tell me what you all think - here's the calendar so far:

July 19th Sunday - Ogemaw Hills AMA Pro Hill Climb in West Branch:  http://forum.cog-online.org/index.php/topic,60131.0.html

August 8th Saturday - RTE - Union Woodshop BBQ joint in Clarkston, MI  (I have always wanted to go there!  They open at noon) 

August 22nd - Saturday  - I'm going to Logan's Heroes charity ride - mostly around the thumb - It's a good cause and dear to my heart as Logan is one of my co-worker's son.  http://www.logans-heroes.org/

:great:  August 28-30  -  We are doing another "Weekend with the Sleeping Bear" in Traverse City!!!!  Campground will be the Timber Ridge again, they have basic cabins and campsites, and I'll try to find a decently priced motel if possible assuming there is any interest.  Many options to choose from - M22 around Leelanau, Tunnel of Trees from Harbor Springs with Legs Inn for lunch?, and Shorts Brewing company is up that way also!    I will post the particulars in the Rides & Rallies/North Central board ASAP.

Sep 11-13 - Bikes on the Bricks in Flint, MI -  Any interest?  The stunt shows on Saturday or Sunday should be cool.  http://bikesonthebricks.com/

Sep 20 Sunday - All Clubs Show in Stockbridge, MI  -  Always a favorite and great riding in the area!!! 

Dean - let's tap the Grey Beards and see if they want to join in the RTE's and come up to Traverse City too?  I'm also going through the member directory and will invite any new members I find in there!

Questions?  Comments?  Suggestions?  Before I post to the North Central Rides board....

Way to go Randy! :great:

I know the GBR are attending vintage days @ Mid-Ohio the weekend of 7/10-12 ...  other than that, a few of us are attending a wedding on the 18th.. don't know what kind of mental shape I'll be in to make it up to Wet Branch the next day... :-\

p.s. sent you a p.m.

Bring some kind of shading device (umbrella maybe) a few years
ago it was hot and sunny.
I will try and make it.

And get some studs in those C10 tires - can't enter the competition without them.

I'm thinking of entering on the DR350.  After the hill in Mesa Verde, I think I'm ready with my 30 raw and tenacious HP.  :))

Seriously, these guys are running around 350 HP on 350 lb. bikes with heavily modified extended swing arms.

Sep 11-13 - Bikes on the Bricks in Flint, MI -  Any interest?  The stunt shows on Saturday or Sunday should be cool.  http://bikesonthebricks.com/

The motor cop competition is fun to watch too.