• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Not if but When Did I earn a CDA#

croach1776

Tonto
I thought it would have taken longer than the third outing. I had practiced slow speed manuevers in the school parking lot and was feeling really confident in myself and was impressed with how responsive the bike was and didnt really feel that she was top heavy. So arrive at the library parking lot and instead of parking where I usually park - which is free of cars but a good walk to the front door, I see about 5 empty spots near the entrance. But instead of pulling in I decide to make a U so that I dont have to back out. Well, I enter the U where I think I ought to be and I am making good progress, when I stall and the bike starts to lean to the right, before I can apply throttle, the wheel locks to the right and the stall has become a dead stop with me and the bike leaning to the right, at that moment I know we are going down - just how hard and fast is yet to be determined, before she picks up too much speed I put my right foot down and keep pulling on the bars to keep the wheel locked to the right to help absorb some of the impact, at the last moment before we both hit I pull up my leg (we are now at an approx 60% angle) and from my vantange point I see the right mirror hit and slowly bend toward me, amazingly its slowing us down, as we continue down in almost slow motion, I draw up my leg and take the impact on my thigh and hip, which also helps slow her down, the mirror is now at a 90% angle to its normal positon, the Connie has settled but I am not pinned, the engine dies and I roll away from her. It must have been the adrenaline because I look at her laying there helpless and I grab the bars and right back grab handles and quickly get her back up. This for a 50+ who huffs and puffs after three flights of stairs. The damage - minor scuffs on the right mirror and bag. But the right peg is bent at the part that attaches the peg to the frame bracket. I have to re-aquaint my foot to the rear brake lever. Its mine own fault for getting cocky and finally filling up her tank. Man does a few extra gallons of gas make a differnece.

Sorry for the drop. You need to test that peg real good. Most do not bend but either snap clean off or crack. A cracked peg can make for a real bad accident next time you decide to stand on them while moving. Photos[/url]

Ya I replaced it. Wrote Genmar and asked them if they could fix it if I sent it in. They sent me a brand new one - no charge. Will try to use them in future.

Charles, CDA0319. I found the Advanced Riders Course well worth the day; especially dramatically improving my parking lot speed skills. Getting your shoulders and weight to the opposite side of the turn makes all the difference. Bummer that it stalled and therefore you lost power to help bring it back verticle. Greg H from Mass, Connie Droppers Anonymous Awards Dude COG# 7010,a Tracey CDA 120 (2.0) 99 Connie "Herrin Christabelle", 05 Ninja 250
2211123920053849446TvPbOP_th.jpg
6n2c6z

Is this my CDA number? C K Roach Jr you cant lose what you never had 2005 Concour "Gold Rush" 1983 Suzuki GS750ES - Project 1983 Suzuki GL850 - Sold 1982 Suzuki GS650G - Sold

Yup, that's it CDA0319. Wear it with pride! Greg H from Mass, Connie Droppers Anonymous Awards Dude COG# 7010,a Tracey CDA 120 (2.0) 99 Connie "Herrin Christabelle", 05 Ninja 250
6n2c6z

Greg... I think you mean the Experienced RiderCourse (ERC). The Advanced RiderCourse - Sportbike Techniques (ARC-ST) is a new program that MSF recently introduced based on the course developed for the military. This version is for all types of bikes and teaches techniques. It is a really great course. I had the opportunity to participate in this course last yer and it was a blast and learned some new things as well. CT will begin to offer this early summer. Instructors are in the process of getting trained & certified now. -- Steve Smith, COG #3184 COG Northeast Area Director (somewhere in south central CT)
larryline.gif
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Thanks Steve - correct, I meant ERC. The ARC sounds really cool. Greg H from Mass, Connie Droppers Anonymous Awards Dude COG# 7010,a Tracey CDA 120 (2.0) 99 Connie "Herrin Christabelle", 05 Ninja 250
6n2c6z