• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Not really a North Central event, but come anyway!

2fast

Crotch Rocket
This is the second year for the Horseshoe Mountain Rendezvous #2 coming April 24-26 2015
It is actually a South Central event, but North Central members had the highest attendance last year, and it looks like we are on track to do it again with 9 from NC signed up so far.  This is a great event hosted by Cliff Burnette and his family, right on his own piece of paradise.  Being in Arkansas, you know there is great riding all around. From Minneapolis (the one in Minnesota), it's a doable one day ride. Last year I left early in the morning and was there in time for supper. I'm going to go again this year, and hope to see you there too!
  http://cog.memberize.net/clubportal/EventDisplayNew.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=210445&mo=4&tDate=%7Bd%20%272015%2D04%2D23%27%7D

Tundra Tom said:
MMmmm......

Tom, Brian wouldn't steer you wrong & we guarantee satisfaction. Just come with better tires than he did. So you can spend your time riding & not mounting tires.

Come on down, you'll be glad you did.

Cliff  :beerchug:

Just Cliff said:
Tundra Tom said:
MMmmm......

Tom, Brian wouldn't steer you wrong & we guarantee satisfaction. Just come with better tires than he did. So you can spend your time riding & not mounting tires.

Come on down, you'll be glad you did.

Sure.....rub it in Cliff :-X :truce: 

No BIG story....just left home on a PR3 that I thought would do the round trip.  Around Springfield I happened to check my rear tire at a gas stop and came to the conclusion that it was NOT going to get me back home again.  Especially after a little playin in Arkansas.  Worked out pretty good though. I called Cliff to see if had tire changing stuff and got the nod.  I called a local bike shop and they had a a Conti something in the right size and only a couple miles away.  I ran over, bought the tire for a hair over a hundred bucks, strapped it on and finished off a couple hundred miles to Cliffs.  All in all I think I only burned an hour and still got to Cliff's in time to eat :beerchug:

The Conti was plenty cheap, and it lasted like plenty cheap too.  I think I ended up with about 2200 miles before being done. Junk.

By the way, Cliff's bead breaker has about a 20 foot arm on it.....makes childs play out of that part of the job!

Cliff, Sounds good. Tires won't be a problem as I will be mounting fresh rubber on the Bandito before spring arrives. 8000+ on the PR3's and they are toasty. If I recall correctly this was also Brian's monsoon ride on the way home?

Tundra Tom said:
Cliff, Sounds good. Tires won't be a problem as I will be mounting fresh rubber on the Bandito before spring arrives. 8000+ on the PR3's and they are toasty. If I recall correctly this was also Brian's monsoon ride on the way home?

Yep, pretty much everybody got drowned going home. Except the few that went west. The weather couldn't better otherwise though.

You coming?

Not a NC event but strong NC showing being it's so close to the Boundary.

I vote that if NC has a better showing than SC again, we shift the boundary south.

As for the tires..Yep, better have good rubber. That Chip n seal is murder on the rubber

Just Cliff said:
Tundra Tom said:

Yep, pretty much everybody got drowned going home. Except the few that went west. The weather couldn't better otherwise though.

You coming?

Cliff, I just got corralled into going to Texas for training. My flight will get in late Friday 4/24 so I am out.  :41:
I guess work comes before pleasure....until retirement.

Time to think outside the box Tom.......ride to TX, get paid for flight costs, then pop over to Cliff's on the way home >:D

2fast said:
Time to think outside the box Tom.......ride to TX, get paid for flight costs, then pop over to Cliff's on the way home >:D

What he said. Better yet, just fly into Little Rock. We'll get you to & from. I'll set you up with camping gear & you can ride my bike.
Another option would be rent a car & drive to AR., then fly out of Little Rock.

See how easy this is  :).

I hear that Cliff will be autographing the front cover of the last Concourier if you bring your copy. I'm going to bring two and Ebay one of them.

I haven't been on here much lately, but this winter has been rough.  I am gonna see if I can convince a buddy to ride down with me from Sioux Falls.  Sounds like a hell of a way to kick off the riding year.

Andrew said:
I haven't been on here much lately, but this winter has been rough.  I am gonna see if I can convince a buddy to ride down with me from Sioux Falls.  Sounds like a hell of a way to kick off the riding year.

I don't think you'll regret it, come on down.

Upon reviewing the attendees list I see the South East with their cushy weather and excessive member ship has the same amount of attendees as frozen North Central. It would be very entertaining to have more North Central attendees

LSGiant said:
Upon reviewing the attendees list I see the South East with their cushy weather and excessive member ship has the same amount of attendees as frozen North Central. It would be very entertaining to have more North Central attendees

Well Jeff, I'm thinking the n/c will come out on top. After all those s/e guys are kinda lightweights. There all crowded up together trying to keep warm in that cushy weather  :nananana:.

Just Cliff said:
Well Jeff, I'm thinking the n/c will come out on top. After all those s/e guys are kinda lightweights. There all crowded up together trying to keep warm in that cushy weather  :nananana:.

:sign0103:

Not quite, we drink Fireball  :party0036:  around the camp fire  :campfire:  as we know the propylene glycol will keep us from freezing. 

LSGiant said:

The SE is mostly holding back. We have our own "secret list".

Sad to say I cannot make this trip, conflict with a Roadtrek trip to TexASS, San Antone to be exact.

Y'all have fun at Cliff's. Iff'n yer nice maybe you'll be offered some of that SE trademark Fireball swill.

I was trying to figure out what was so wildly popular about this event. Was it the fantastic roads? Was it the camaraderie? Perhaps a little backwoods moonshine? Well being naturally snoopy, I headed for Wikipedia. Lo and behold I found the REAL REASON everyone is going there.  :) ;) >:D

"Greenbrier is a town that developed from a minor brothel on the Butterfield Stagecoach route into a bustling city. The town was named for the greenbriar vines which grew along the creek through the town. Greenbrier is located 12 miles north of Conway on Highway 65. Recent years have seen continued growth as Greenbrier becomes a bedroom community for nearby Conway."

Dave N.
03 Connie
COG 4475

Daves00 said:
I was trying to figure out what was so wildly popular about this event. Was it the fantastic roads? Was it the camaraderie? Perhaps a little backwoods moonshine? Well being naturally snoopy, I headed for Wikipedia. Lo and behold I found the REAL REASON everyone is going there.  :) ;) >:D

"Greenbrier is a town that developed from a minor brothel on the Butterfield Stagecoach route into a bustling city. The town was named for the greenbriar vines which grew along the creek through the town. Greenbrier is located 12 miles north of Conway on Highway 65. Recent years have seen continued growth as Greenbrier becomes a bedroom community for nearby Conway."

Dave N.
03 Connie
COG 4475

And all this time I thought it was just my irresistible charm  :rotflmao:!

So, ya coming Dave?

I plan to head out from Bloomington Mn sometime between 3:00 & 4:00 on Thursday afternoon. I will ride until I get tired ......
Should be there before 3:00 on Friday. But as some of you know it maybe much earlier.

Are there breakfast plans for Friday? :)

LSGiant said:
Are there breakfast plans for Friday? :)

Yes there will be breakfast Fri., Sat. & Sun. The Thurs. crew may vote to go into town & eat, but there will breakfast available here regardless. Last year we ate here.

Ride safe!

Just signed up.  I am not sure of my plans yet, but I am leaning on leaving Thursday morning and chasing Grand Tour stops on the way down.