• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Nov 2013 Newburgh, NY Meet & Greet

Cap'n Bob

Well this coming Saturday (November 9, 2013) will be the monthly Newburgh NY, Meet & Greet at the Neptune Diner in Newburgh NY. So why not come out for some food and friends and say hey. As always there is the possibility of a ride afterwards, but of course no guarantees.  As always, the event begins at 11AM, but some folks tend to be there a little bit early. The food is pretty good and hopefully the weather will be also. The long term forecast as of right now looks to be partly cloudy and in the 50's. But it's still 6 days out, so we'll see how that goes.

Here's a link to the event page from the calendar of events.

http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDisplayNew.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=192894&mo=11&tDate=%7Bd%20%272013%2D11%2D03%27%7D

Count me in assuming the weather is cooperative. Maybe my last M&G up in the cold north before I do my annual Snowbird thing.

Tom Taylor COG#7173

Helene and I will be there. No moto though. We're going to the Blackmore's Night concert at the Paramount in Peekskill on Friday, and spending the night in Newburgh.

Well we're only a couple of days off now. Although the forcast is calling for mostly cloudy, there's little chance of rain. And it's calling for a high of 48. Not all that warm, but still actually decent for this time if year. Hope to see y'all there.  :motonoises:

Are you really going Wayne? We have not been to Newburgh once this year and the weather is looking pretty good....  In fact, I have not been to Newburgh since Bob changed the location of the M&G. Hmmmm, this may be a good W/E for us to make the trip.

Brian

wayne_jenkins_CT said:
If an Old Timer like Mitch can ride down, then I might make it too.

Depends on whos' gutters? My gutters? Then I would say you should put your nose to the grindstone and do the right thing 'cause they need it.

Your gutters? Go to the lunch....

Of course Mrs. Terry may have a different opinion and she's the one you have to watch out for. After all, you HAVE to sleep sooner or later..... :-\

Brian

Terrynyc said:
Hmmm....clean the gutters or go for a ride?!?  I'm torn I tell ya! :))

If only I paid more attention.... I cannot make this M&G as I am already going to a M&G in MA. I did not realize that event was this weekend while I was blabbering.

Brian

Wayne_Sikorski said:
Hey...there is good food in Newburgh. Currently hanging out at the North Plank Road Tavern.

And you should be right around the corner from Motorcyclepedia.

Can't make it, woke up with power problems in house,does a house have a kpass system? Does BDF have a fix ?

wayne_jenkins_CT said:
Can't make it, woke up with power problems......... ?

Hell, I wake up most mornings with power problems  ;)  :D   

Heading out shortly.

Well didn't quite make it, just couldn't drag myself out of bed early enough! :))

Hope everyone had a nice ride.  On the bright side I did get my backyard ready for the winter.....still have to do those gutters tho... ;)

Well it was a decent day. Not the warmest, but not all that cold either. I want to thank all that came out for a nice lunch. We had eleven (oops) twelve people show up for this event. I was nice to see some faces I haven't seen in a while, as well as some new ones. I want to say thanks to all that came.
  We had a couple of first time attendees that were both from the area. I want to welcome Jim and Kurt and hope they had a decent time. Again sorry that I could spend more time talking with y'all. Maybe next time we could get a little ride in afterwards.
  As to the rest, it was great to see Tom and Mitch, Wayne and Helene, Mike and Andrea, Ben, and of course my lovely wife and daughter. Y'all made for a nice lunch and that's why we do it. Thanks again for coming and hopefully y'all had a good time.

Bob, thanks for hosting! Good day of riding. Connie really like the cold dense air.  :motonoises:

Glad you folks had a nice day to ride and had some fun.  Wish I could have made it....  unfortunately too much going on at the home front.

Thanks Bob for setting up the M&G. Had a good time as usual and a nice ride home. I rode a total of 347 miles. Take it while it's available. HOPE to attend a Dec. M&G but have to wait and see.

Tom Taylor COG#7173