• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

November ride?

OMoaC

SW Area. Had this thrown at me tonight. We had a great time last year celebrating the Marine Corps Birthday and raising some mugs for Veterans day in Prescott AZ in '17. So Howza about a ride to eat to Lone Pine CA over the same weekend? Or should we make it an overnighter to celebrate properly? Gauging interest. You let me know and I will be on it like cold on snow.

As I was the one doing the throwing, I guess I have to be in.  ;D

If Harry Martin's coming all the way from Wyoming, there is going to be at least an unofficial overnight.  I think Bert (how is he, anyway?) suggested this place in Lone Pine:

http://www.dowvillamotel.com

That motel is right in town, walking distance from a number of restaurants.  Lone Pine is kind of a cute small town.  They shot a bunch of Western movies there and there is a Western movie museum.  It's the jumping off point for hikers to Mount Whitney (14k ft, tallest in California) as well as on a major motorcycle route on the eastern side of the Sierras, so it's a mix of bikers and hikers.

Average high temp that time of year near there (well, in Bishop, up the road) is 59 and average low is 29.  For this desert dweller that is  :-\ cold but to others that's just normal riding weather.  ;D

I'd be up for an overnight if others are, as I haven't ever looked around the town.  I'm usually blitzing in out of Death Valley, eating lunch, then blitzing back.

Looks like it may be a doer. I'm in for an overnight. I'll grab Keith and get jiggy with it.

Hi Charby,

This year was full of big family events. Had a nephew graduate from Embry Riddle in Daytona. Had a nice ride there, took the scenic route through where the hurricane messed up in June. A nephew was commissioned as an officer in the Army. We had an unfortunate death. And other health related stuff. It has been a very busy year at work as well. I haven't been able to keep up with the forum but I am back now!

Looking forward to Lone Pine, going to make it more than an overnight. If the weather allows might go to Tahoe or Reno.

Cdawg

Alrighty boy's and girls. Looks like we had some interest so this is on. Lone Pine Ca. Meet and Greet. November 9, 10, 11. Show up when you can. The Old Man will be out on Saturday and may stay until Monday. Main fiesta will be on Sat night. I secured discount lodging here  http://www.dowvillamotel.com/  for 84 a night. About a 10 buck a night discount. I have 5 rooms, all double queens blocked and they will be released Nov. 2. Call the hotel and mention COG for the discount. If we get more than 5 rooms booked I will negotiate to carry that discount through. Cuddle up with a member to save more. There is a smokehouse across the street for brews and 'que after the riding day is done and a couple of home style grills within walking distance. Come celebrate the Birthday of the United States Marine Corps and raise a glass to honor our Veterans past, present and future. I will try to get this on the calendar next couple of days with alternate lodging and some routes posted up. The Eastern Sierra awaits. IF you actually go through the process of registering for the event there may be a special surprise.

I hate you all...    I can't go    :c002: :mad:

MRI analysis for recent back pain: Need a surgical consult.  CRAP!

You guys have fun. I fully intend to join up for these next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :beerchug: :motonoises: :beerchug:

Leo

I’m signed up. Get your reservations done- the lady there says they are filling fast. Can’t wait to see that birthday boy Charby, Racer Russ, Manly Mark and the gang. Looks like another fun ride. We have got to get to the Copper Top Bbq somehow and it’s right there before turning to the Bristlecone Forest. See ya there.

MtnRider said:
I hate you all...    I can't go    :c002: :mad:

MRI analysis for recent back pain: Need a surgical consult.  CRAP!

You guys have fun. I fully intend to join up for these next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :beerchug: :motonoises: :beerchug:

Leo
You take care of yourself Leo. We'll be here. Next time Brother.

Hey all I have my registration for a room I'll be there Friday and stay through till Monday.  Haven't been to an event since Cedar City.
Bob

Bob said:
Hey all I have my registration for a room I'll be there Friday and stay through till Monday.  Haven't been to an event since Cedar City.
Bob
Cool! On the Calendar.

CaffeineMan said:
Then perhaps I'll see you on the road on Saturday!  I'm heading out then as well.
We can try to hook up in Furnace creek or stovepipe wells. Love to watch you bend that c14 around for awhile.

I have a room reserved for Saturday and Sunday 11/10 and 11! Look forward to seeing everyone!

:motonoises:  :motonoises:  :great:

Rusty said:
I have a room reserved for Saturday and Sunday 11/10 and 11! Look forward to seeing everyone!

11/2 is the cutoff for rooms. Get on about it. If you have ever sat around or ridden with this group of fine folks you know what you may be missing. If you haven't it is time to find out.  :motonoises: :great: :beerchug:

Are all the rooms sold out?  R&J might want to swing by for a night, although they'll be caging it.

CaffeineMan said:
Are all the rooms sold out?  R&J might want to swing by for a night, although they'll be caging it.
Dunno. Gotta call. There's a couple of other places to stay right close. C'man, do you know, is the road by Scotty's castle open or closed?

Old Man on a Connie said:
CaffeineMan said:
Dunno. Gotta call. There's a couple of other places to stay right close. C'man, do you know, is the road by Scotty's castle open or closed?

Scottys Castle Rd is closed

CaffeineMan said:
Old Man on a Connie said:
CaffeineMan said:

Scottys Castle Rd is closed
Poop. Was looking at that as a return route.

Ping Jockey said:
just booked a room, saturday and sunday...see ya there
Cool ...You want to ride up with Attila and I? Troy and his wife are coming up on Saturday too.

Next weekend. Boo Yah. C U there. Grab your current AD by the short hairs and tell him what you want (within reason of course).  :) :beerchug:

SoCal people are probably already bored with this, but I've never been down Kern Canyon past Lake Isabella.  Here's a longer ride possibility to Coseree's Deli almost to Bakersfield down 178.  144 miles one way.

https://goo.gl/maps/r64qcJKmxbH2

Looks like I'm going to make it. Anybody need a roommate to share expenses? Will be staying Saturday and Sunday in Lone Pine. If not, I'll find a room.

That was a fun weekend!  A little on the cold side for the ride, but a good time!  The Crusty Demons of Dirt took a different route than me and it sounds like they had a good time also...  ;D

Thanks to the organizers!

Been watching your posts. Looks like ya'll are in a great area.
Define a little on the cold side?

Ride safe, Ted

PS: While ya'll were enjoying your area, our group did Arkansas.
      Had a high of about 51*, but most of the riding was in the mid-high 30's*..
          {Danged cold for a South Texas guy}..

Had fun too Cman and thanks for the ride along. Ted, low 30's to high 40's. Was Sherman pass closed? Yes. Did we ride all the way through? Yes.  >:D We had a Sailor, a Marine and an Airborne Soldier along. We adapted and overcame.

Great trip in the Eastern Sierras! Celebrating our military and Veterans was super! Loved that loop we did through Kennedy Meadows, Sherman pass, Kernville, down the 178 and back to Lone Pine! Thank you for setting it up Mark! You missed out Ted!! The Southwest is where it's at!!

:motonoises:  :motonoises:  :beerchug:

Rusty; I have to admit, I don't know anything about Kennedy Meadows, Sherman pass, Kernville, and/or Lone Pine.
            When/if someone puts on a National in that area, I'll find out.  {hint hint}.... ;)

Mark, Old Buddy,,, for once we agree… 
PS: Thanks for serving!

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
Rusty; I have to admit, I don't know anything about Kennedy Meadows, Sherman pass, Kernville, and/or Lone Pine.
            When/if someone puts on a National in that area, I'll find out.  {hint hint}.... ;)

Mark, Old Buddy,,, for once we agree… 
PS: Thanks for serving!

Ride safe, Ted
Right Back Atchya Buddy!  :beerchug: