• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

OTP 2019 Quilt

funsize

The last two years I made a quilt and it was raffled off and all the proceeds would go to OTP.  I'd like to know if there's any interest in me making another quilt for OTP.  It does take time to design and make the quilt and that is why I'm asking now.  Thanks for your help.

Irene

I have come up with a design for next year's OTP.  It's all about Pennsylvania and their famous landmarks.  I will be busy getting this done.  I'm donating the quilt and all money raised will go to OTP.

Irene

Until I know for sure if there is going to be an OTP next year, I don't want to commit to the quilt until a decision has been made.  At least I have the design in my head.

Irene

funsize said:
Until I know for sure if there is going to be an OTP next year, I don't want to commit to the quilt until a decision has been made.  At least I have the design in my head.

Irene

I certainly hope there is, but if not, the proceeds could go to some other worthy cause, e.g., fire and rescue crews of the host city. Have done that for a number of places we've held events.

I so dig mine. Was snuggling into it at the last BoD meeting. This is a winner! Highly recommended OMC endorsed!

connie_rider said:
$150

Ride safe, Ted
One fitty One fitty One fitty. Don't let Ted steal this. Looking for 175, anybody have 175, 175. Give something get something. Win Win!

C'mon, we need more bidders.
Wanting to see more $$ come in for "OtP" than the $150 I bid..

If someone outbids me and wins, I'll add $50 to "OtP" fund.

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
C'mon, we need more bidders.
Wanting to see more $$ come in for "OtP" than the $150 I bid..

If someone outbids me and wins, I'll add $50 to "OtP" fund.

Ride safe, Ted
Now there is a winner. Bid 175 and make 225 for OtP traveler. Thats 2/3 nights lodging or 6 tanks of fuel or 4 days of meals on wheels. Git some! Looking for 175, and this bad boy is worth it. Hand made snuggly. Can't be beat!

I'll see yer buck and a half and raise ya that quarter.  Funsize makes a mean quilt.  I'm in for that $175.  >:D

Yahooooooooooooooeee..

Anybody else want to bid higher "or" anyone want to add $$ to go with my $50 on the Quilt project?

NOTE: Extra $$ will make Funsize have to sew better err faster…  <evil grin>

Ride safe, Ted

Rev goes big at 175. Looking for 185. !85 anyone? Bueller? This is a lifetime quilt that can be handed down through the generations. One Eighty Five looking looking looking.

Old Man on a Connie said:
Rev goes big at 175. Looking for 185. !85 anyone? Bueller? This is a lifetime quilt that can be handed down through the generations. One Eighty Five looking looking looking.

$185

Boom Boom and Boom. Bid at 185 with side donations now at 75. Very proud of this group! Looking for 190, one nine zero. This ones on fire!

I wonder if there is a more effective way to do this?  I am in for $200, as I think think the bid is $185.

MizzouMike said:
I wonder if there is a more effective way to do this?  I am in for $200, as I think think the bid is $185.
YUUUUPP. Bid was 185. Current bid is 200 From MizzouMike. Side add on are folks that will contribute if bids exceed X amount currently at 75. So actual current bid is 200. Current 200. Asking for 210 210 210. Anyone in for 210?

I'm already thinking about a 2020 quilt for "Funsize" to make.  :dance:
Would have Name/Date/destination of every "OtP" Traveler "hand embroidered" on it...  :13:

In the center would be an image of Hans, the Flog'o-matic, and "COG/GCE"..

Would be worth millions Thousand's several Hundred!!

Brainstorm: Maybe we could get Irene to add images of Hans and his "loyal" slave laborers to this one?  :Woot_Emoticon:
    Nah, wouldn't work: Jim and Mark's image would draw flies...    :sign0137:

I have a better idea!!! The names {particularly mine} should be on this years quilt!!!!  :29:

Ride safe, Ted

Current bid is 200 going twice. Looking for 210, anyone with 210? Hand made with love and dedication that will keep you warm. Going twice!  :great:

Current bid is 200 going twice. Looking for 210, anyone with 210? Hand made with love and dedication that will keep you warm. Going twice!  :great:

Has the size of this quilt been mentioned? I haven’t saw  that if it has!

FTB530 said:
I'd call mine queen size. And FTB350 goes metric with 219. 219 going once looking for 229, anyone in for 229?  :)) Going Once........

I was thinking of the year 2019 and damn near posted that as a bid😂🤣😂🤣

Haven't heard from Funsize since I suggested a design for next year's quilt.
Guess she liked the idea!!    :great:

Or maybe; She's hand embordering the names onto this years quilt??  >:D

Ride safe, Ted

Looking for 229, 229 seeking...........scanning the room, Do we have a phone in bidder? 218 going Once looking for 229.......

Matt drops it big at 250. Any contenders? Now looking for 260! Gavel resets. Currently at 250, looking for 260. Thank you Matt. 260 two six ohh, two hundred sixty. Again very proud of this club, this group of people, this program.

Just rec'd word from the Quilt factory construction has commenced. Many snuggles will be had.  ;)

connie_rider said:
I'm already thinking about a 2020 quilt for "Funsize" to make.  :dance:
Would have Name/Date/destination of every "OtP" Traveler "hand embroidered" on it...  :13:

In the center would be an image of Hans, the Flog'o-matic, and "COG/GCE"..

Would be worth millions Thousand's several Hundred!!

Brainstorm: Maybe we could get Irene to add images of Hans and his "loyal" slave laborers to this one?  :Woot_Emoticon:
    Nah, wouldn't work: Jim and Mark's image would draw flies...    :sign0137:

Ride safe, Ted

Well Ted, you gave me hints at Jennings about your idea.  I'm going to kill you!!!!  :)  But to be honest, I really like that idea.  So OTP for next year will have some of your ideas.  At least you've given me fair time to get it done.  All I need are the names and dates of the OTP people and I'll do my best.

Irene

BAH BAH BAH BOOM! Gumby drops the hammer. Currently at 280 and looking now at 290, Two Nine Oh. With the side donations this one is a money maker. Looking for 290..............Will Matt sack up? :)

BAH BAH BAH BOOM! Gumby drops the hammer. Currently at 280 and looking now at 290, Two Nine Oh. With the side donations this one is a money maker. Looking for 290..............Will Matt sack up? :)
If it reaches $300, I'll throw in $50 more.

Okay, here's a picture of the quilt.  I finished piecing it this morning and all I need to do is add the borders and quilt it.  Thank you for your patience.

Irene

Attachments

• IMG_20190211_102433 (1).jpg
    IMG_20190211_102433 (1).jpg
    338.9 KB · Views: 156
Looks great, but it's not done yet Irene.    :-[

I don't see the hand embroidered names of all the past "OtP" Travelers etc...??  :67:

Should have Name/Date/destination of every "OtP" Traveler "hand embroidered" on it...  :13:

In the center should be an image of Hans, with the Flog'o-matic,  "COG/GCE",, and his team of LOYAL slave laborer's.. :great:

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
Looks great, but it's not done yet Irene.    :-[

I don't see the hand embroidered names of all the past "OtP" Travelers etc...??  :67:

Should have Name/Date/destination of every "OtP" Traveler "hand embroidered" on it...  :13:

In the center should be an image of Hans, with the Flog'o-matic,  "COG/GCE",, and his team of LOYAL slave laborer's.. :great:

Ride safe, Ted

You said that for the 2020 quilt I should embroider the names of the past travelers.  Have you forgotten in your old age?  ;) ;)

Irene

Bud said:
If it reaches $300, I'll throw in $50 more.
CHALLENGE ADVANCED, CHALLENGE ACCEPTED?????

funsize said:
You said that for the 2020 quilt I should embroider the names of the past travelers.  Have you forgotten in your old age?  ;) ;)

Irene

Yupp, I did say that.
    And then {on this years quilt} I saw all those open white sections that NEED names embroidered on them...   
  "SOOoooo", I went back and changed my previous post.. <sly grin>

Ride safe, Ted  {glad I could help}

PS: I haven't forgotten my old age..
        I'm like "fine wine".    {ie; I get better as I get older}  :s_good:

Looking for 290. Will accept 285, 285 anyone (scanning the room)?

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW!!!mThis suckah is getting up there.  It's out of my range now, but I love the side stuff and $300 challenge, so I'll sweeten that $300 challenge by putting another $100 in if it makes that figure.  So close.... come on big money, make us pay!  :beerchug:

Just to update everyone on the quilt.  I'm marking the quilt with the design and will begin quilting it.  If only Jorge would let me quit my job.  My life would be so much easier!  :)) :))

Irene

Rev Ryder said:
Looking for 290. Will accept 285, 285 anyone (scanning the room)?

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW!!!mThis suckah is getting up there.  It's out of my range now, but I love the side stuff and $300 challenge, so I'll sweeten that $300 challenge by putting another $100 in if it makes that figure.  So close.... come on big money, make us pay!  :beerchug:
Challenge extended! Who can put us over the top? Get those side wagers included. Going for 290. Want over 300. Lets break that 300 window!

kevingore said:
ok who is selling the quilt any pictures
never mind helps to read  :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))

I posted a picture of it without the borders.  It is Reply#48

Irene

BAM! All side bids are now due and payable!  :beerchug: :) That being said the auction continues. Ol' Cliff shall enjoy these proceeds and thank you all for your support. Keep in mind that all funds that Cliff, keeping with the frugal way's of a COG member, does not use will be passed to the next year. Matt, will you be at the '19 Nat? I suspect the final gavel drop and presentation shall be there following past quilt tradition. Good onya Brother  :great: :beerchug:

Ihad to look again to determine where to send my pledge $$...
I think: Send your vote to contribution to OTP.USA@cox.net via paypal.

Assuming so, my side bid $$ will be sent soon...

Ride safe, Ted

Update; $$ sent...

The quilt is going in the mail tomorrow per Matt's request.  Congratulations!

Irene
[size=10pt]2015 Vulcan 650s[/size]

Here are pictures of the quilt.

Attachments

• IMG_20190419_052537a.jpg
    IMG_20190419_052537a.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_20190419_052530a.jpg
    IMG_20190419_052530a.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_20190419_052601a.jpg
    IMG_20190419_052601a.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_20190419_052627a.jpg
    IMG_20190419_052627a.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 124
I have already designed next year's quilt.  Each block will have the names and years of every OTP traveler.  My goal is to make it a queen size quilt.  As always, all proceeds will go to OTP.

Irene
2015 Vulcan 650s

funsize said:
I have already designed next year's quilt.  Each block will have the names and years of every OTP traveler.  My goal is to make it a queen size quilt.  As always, all proceeds will go to OTP.

Irene
2015 Vulcan 650s
Suhweet! I can play in that bidding! I know I love mine. What a great group of people. So very proud of all of you all. Irene your talents and generosity cannot be admired enough  :beerchug: ;)

:-\

That is one awesome quilt.
I'd give Ted's front teeth for one of them (if Ted has any teeth left).

;)

Haaaaaa,,,  :rotflmao:
Harry, You iz rong agin…  ::)
I does have front teeth..  :great:
          x2

Ride safe, Ted

PS: Harry, I just received my new member handbook.
      Wow!!   
        Ya did good Buddy..
      I was "Very" impressed to see that ya drew drawed put "my" image in the twisties on it {x4}.
      Mebbe Funsize will add my images to the next quilt?  :motonoises:

Thank you all for your kind words.  I never had expected this kind of response when I first started doing this three years ago.  I'll be starting on the next quilt in the summer because I've got several others that I need to finish.  The deadline I'm giving myself to finish the 2020 OTP quilt is January 2020. 

Irene
2015 Vulcan 650s

err; Ya can't put the 2020 riders name on the 2020 quilt if you finish it in January...  :sorry:

"Ohh", That gives me an I-deeer.  :whoo:

Ya can put "Ted" on the 2020 square, and make "Ted/me" the 2020 Traveler!! :wee_hee:

"VOTE" for "TED" in 2020!!!

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
err; Ya can't put the 2020 riders name on the 2020 quilt if you finish it in January...  :sorry:

Ya can put "Ted" on the 2020 square, and make "Ted/me" the 2020 Traveler!! :wee_hee:

Ride safe, Ted

I like your "I-deeer"  Love you Ted.

Irene
2015 Vulcan 650s

I wuz at the National and didn't see the presentation of the OtP Quilt to Matt?
Was it presented and when??

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:

Ride safe, Ted

Wuz wondering about that myself. I thought maybe since the hotel ran out of food & caused the banquet to get drawn out so long. Maybe it just didn't get done.

connie_rider said:

Ride safe, Ted

Previous page sez that he requested it be mailed to him.

connie_rider said:

"VOTE" for "TED" in 2020!!!

Ride safe, Ted

you silly knuckle head... the 2020 traveler comes here from Europe.... :nananana: :nananana: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
>:D :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))

i it too early for me to start campaigning for the 2021 OTP?????? :motonoises: :motonoises: :motonoises: :rotflmao:

"Ohh", You gave me an I-deeer.  :whoo:

Make "Ted/me" the 2020 "& 2021" "OtP" Traveler!! :wee_hee:

"VOTE" for "TED" in 2020 "& 2021"!!!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Ted,, you silly knuckle head... the 2020 traveler comes here from Europe.... :nananana: :nananana: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
>:D :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))
XXX Deer Rookie; Who told you that?? 
                The "OtP" Team "just" might decide to send an "OtP" Traveler both ways??  >:D
                      Particularly if the Team "advisor" {ie; Me} "advises" that they do it..
  :)
                          ie; It also helps if you know who to Bribe??

Is it too early for me to start campaigning for the 2021 OTP?????? :motonoises: :motonoises: :motonoises: :rotflmao:

XXX Deer Rookie (again); It's never too early to start campaigning.  ;)
          Experienced/handsome candidates {like myself}  start campaigning well in advance... :pDT_Armataz_01_37:
            ie; See "my" excellent demonstration on how to do that. {above}...

XXX Ride safe, Ted

PS: Don't tell Mark I sed anythingggggg as I haven't paid him off yet!!!  :67:

:67:  :67: :67: :67: :67: :67: :67: :67: :67: :67: :67: :67: :67:
  Now Jim,,, Your just mad that I didn't include you in the bribe.
  No one has to know I'm not eligible,, "and" {Hans isn't watching this discussion}
      Soooo, We can always make new rules!!!    >:D

Ride safe, Ted

PS:

Make "Ted/me" the 2020 "& 2021"
            "OtP" Traveler
!!

:wee_hee:

"VOTE" for "TED" in 2020 "& 2021"!!!