• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

(PA) Bucks County Covered Bridge Ride, 9-2-12

Jim Ansbro

The Bucks County Covered Bridges Run will be Sept 2nd. We will be traveling on Bucks County back roads, crossing nine covered bridges, and starting off the ride with a stop at Bowman's Tower, a monument for General George Washington and his army. A mid-tour lunch break will be at an old country store / luncheon, followed by a run along the Delaware river towards our next destination. Ride sheets with each covered bridges history will be provided! So, please join us on a back roads journey, and a step back in history.

Meet up at:

9:30am
Yardley Park and Ride (PA) 
Address: 1151 Woodside Rd , Yardley, PA
At the intersection of Woodside and Taylorsville Rds.
Directions: From NJ- 95 south to the first exit (New Hope exit) in PA over the Scudder Falls Bridge. At light, right, on right.
From PA- 95 north to last exit in PA (Yardley / New Hope exit), Left at bottom of ramp, 1st light right, on right. 

Your not going to believe this Jim. I was just discussing my going with the Mrs. I think this is the day that I'm suppose to pick up the wife and daughter returning from their cruise. If this is so, it will be the third time I missed this ride for some stupid reason. I really want to do this ride.  :mad:

Aw Wayne, it just won't be the same without watching your SO smacking your helmet repeatedly after your Evil Knievel imitation!
Now, that was funny!
              :D

And for the third, and hopefully final time, Bob will not attend.. it's all good, but let's set-up a dual region ride, or maybe more?
I'll post pics afterwards to entice you for next year..

Cap'n Bob said:
Your not going to believe this Jim. I was just discussing my going with the Mrs. I think this is the day that I'm suppose to pick up the wife and daughter returning from their cruise. If this is so, it will be the third time I missed this ride for some stupid reason. I really want to do this ride.  :mad:

Hire a limo service to pick them up for you.  Then you can do the ride.

COG-528 said:
Cap'n Bob said:

I was thinking maybe just getting another COG member to retrieve them for me. Maybe a Legacy GT.  :)

Cap'n Bob said:
COG-528 said:
Cap'n Bob said:

I was thinking maybe just getting another COG member to retrieve them for me. Maybe a Legacy GT.  :)

For the right price you might be able to hire Vicki.  ;)

how long is the ride?  my girl wants to come,  but she is working graveyard the night before and after.  trying to see if I can get her some sleep anywhere.

Elfmaze said:
how long is the ride?  my girl wants to come,  but she is working graveyard the night before and after.  trying to see if I can get her some sleep anywhere.

Well, the total ride is 100 miles, through back roads, and that's without stopping for lunch and New Hope at the end. This normally is 4 to 6 hrs, has gone more, just because took a few extra pics, or we found a great seating area.. With that said, you all could pull out during the route, we will be in lower, middle and upper Bucks County throughout the ride. I sympathize with your girl, as I also work the same shift.. That's why I reluctantly can't host Saturday morning events, I could make it for a couple of hours at best, but that's it..

May join in on this with kate.  Might even be bringing the new addition to the stable.  A R1200GS....... Connie is safe just wanted to add an adventure bike.

Might show up with Mary depending on how things go.
Thanks for the time & effort arranging this Jim!

Mark

I will probably be there but it all depends on the Cat we are sitting or more correctly when her owner comes and picks her up.  If the owner doesn't pick her up until Saturday evening, which now looks to be the case, then I will be there. :motonoises:  But if the owner reverts to the original plan and picks up her Cat on Friday evening, then I will be spending the weekend in a cage :steeringwheel: with the wife at the Impromptu gathering of COGgers Weekend in Maine.

leaving from Rehoboth Beach Delaware at 6:30 am and shooting up 95 from Philly to meeting point if anyone wants to ride together?

Elfmaze said:
Just verrifying, the meet spot points to a 911 memorial? "garden of reflection"?
Hmmm, I wonder why that would come up for you..
This is the address:

Yardley Park and Ride (PA) 
Address: 1151 Woodside Rd , Yardley, PA
At the intersection of Woodside and Taylorsville Rds.

If you have any problems, call me at 215-805-0909..

OK we are going to be pushing it tomorrow morning.  She gets out at 7-30-8 and its an hour and a half ride down to the meet. I'll blow up your phone with WAIT! if we are grinding in a few behind.  :)

No need to push it to the limit! We'll be hanging out until 10:00am, and if you're running late, just a quick call and I can send the group to the first stop and I'll wait for you.
Not sure where you're coming from, but if it's the Delaware/South of Philly area, you might want to consider 295N in Jersey to RT 29N to 95 South, 1/4 mile exit, Park and Lock on right.

Just finished programing my route to the Yardley Park & Ride into my GPS.  It is interesting that Mapquest has no idea where the Park & Ride is but Google does.  But Google says it is in Washington Crossing, PA.

See y'all tomorrow.

Jim did a nice job of laying out a route that included nice roads to see the Covered Bridges of Bucks County.  Seven motors participated with 3 C-10s, 3 C-14s and one FJR.  Unfortunately two of our C-10s ended up with the wrong side of our motors up after trying to do a very tricky u-turn.  Surprisingly there was no damage to either motor.  I'm sorry that I did not have the presence of mind to take a photo while I was waiting for assistance. 

Here is a link to a slideshow of the photos I did take.

COG-528 said:
Jim did a nice job of laying out a route that included nice roads to see the Covered Bridges of Bucks County.  Seven motors participated with 3 C-10s, 3 C-14s and one FJR.  Unfortunately two of our C-10s ended up with the wrong side of our motors up after trying to do a very tricky u-turn.  Surprisingly there was no damage to either motor.  I'm sorry that I did not have the presence of mind to take a photo while I was waiting for assistance. 

Here is a link to a slideshow of the photos I did take.
+1 on the ride Jim. You did a great job, you know those roads like the back of your hand, those newly paved roads were something else. Great ride hopefully we can do it again next year :). Sorry I had to peel off in peddlers village but wanted to get home before dark. It was nice meeting everyone, sorry I didn't say goodbye!!  Total miles for my trip was 427 and averaged 50.1 miles per gallon  ;)

Now that the new edition of the COG Northeast Area Newsletter 2012 is out, here are the pics that I have..
https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=5D1B07AB13E38D3C!958&authkey=!ACu67zmYlke5fRY
Click first pic, then play the 'Slide Show' upper left.

Nada Jim.

Please enter your email address in the format someone@example.com.
Please enter the password for your Microsoft account.

Walker18 said:
Now that the new edition of the COG Northeast Area Newsletter 2012 is out, here are the pics that I have..
https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=5D1B07AB13E38D3C!958&authkey=!ACu67zmYlke5fRY
Click first pic, then play the 'Slide Show' upper left.

It's working now.  ;)

It opens as the whole album.  Once you click on a photo you can select the slideshow.