• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Packing for the New England Motomarathon...

timanderson

Getting packed up and ready for 4 days of the best sport touring in the northeast...  I've never done this event before but it sounds like a lot of fun and maybe a bit of a challenge...

http://www.motomarathon.com/events.html

I tried to drum up some COG interest in this back in May with another post (since the C14 is the perfect bike for this of course) but got zero responses.  Hmmmm, puzzled why there is no interest in this from this group.  Well, I'll be trying it, along with a friend from the VFR list, and I'm sure I'll meet lots of new folks there.  Will report on it next week!

Tim

Maybe we'll run into each other.  http://www.minuteman1000.com/index.html  Maybe next year depending upon your ride report.  Good luck.  Hope you do well.

I'm busy packing, too, but not for 4 days.  Working out the tank bag / tail bag combination.  New batteries in everything ('cept the Connie).  Added a new (used) low profile tank bag, new forward pegs, throttle lock, unpacked and repacked the tool kit, relatively fresh oil front and rear, extra Spot, extra GPS, maps, some new stickers, still deciding whether or not to carry both mesh and non-mesh riding pants.  Just waitin' on the boni list now (and for Friday to get here).
;)

I know one of the organizers of this event and we chatted about it last fall...  he provided an invite to COG that I posted here back then.  It sounds like a great time and the riding will be on some great New England roads.  Unfortunately I can't make it as I need to save up my remaining PTO for a destination wedding trip this fall.

Bruce,

Sounds like you are READY!!  Maybe we will cross paths somewhere up there...  Have a great ride!

Tim

Tim,

Have a terrific time and ride safe.  I met the motomarathon folks at the Twisted Throttle Open House in RI.  Though it's not in the cards for this go 'round, I'll be looking forward to reading your report.