• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Paint recommendations for crash bars

kzz1king

I have the older style bathtub bars and they really take a beating from the bugs. I don't want to powder coat. I am thinking of the 2K type paint for them. Are there any other suggestions of something that might work better?

Also looking at polishing up all the painted pieces while I have them off. What is a good swirl remover that isn't too hard on clear coat?
Thanks

I'm trying out some spray paint called Raptor that auto zone is selling for $16 a can. It's being used on some parts under the hood of my truck. I'm also using some paint on the frame called chassis saver. A quart is about $40. It should be thin enough to spray right out of the can. It seems to be pretty tough. A little goes a long way. If you get any on you, it's going to be there for quite a while. DAMHIK

I got some A-Z Engine Metallic that's an almost identical match for the stuff used on the frame components. Will look it up and post the P/N.

I use a rustolium (sp?!?) rattle can in flat black that is a primer and paint all in one, however I do not keep my bike in show condition.

I use a rustolium (sp?!?) rattle can in flat black that is a primer and paint all in one, however I do not keep my bike in show condition.
I don't either . The original was chipping badly so I scuffed it up and used a Rust-Oleum product, a hammered paint. Looked great but didn't hold up.