• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Pair of '82 CB750CS Nighthawks need good home

rotorzook

Big Wheel
Does anyone know where these bikes can find some love and the attention they deserve?  I just don't have time to finish the project.

Are you on planet earth somewhere? Condition? Pictures? Prices? Any other information?

Dan

Rotorzook said:
Does anyone know where these bikes can find some love and the attention they deserve?  I just don't have time to finish the project.

Where are you located and how much are you needing for them etc etc....

I have a young man I have been helping learn some basic wrenching skills that may be able to learn from working on them with guidence.

Ah, the good Honda's.  I've restored one 84 CB700SC.  Had it for a good number of years, loved to ride it, but it seems that when I rode it, it drew the attention of those with blue lights.  Narrowly escaped them twice, decided it was time to finish that project and sell it, which I did.  Do I miss it, yes, but not that much.  If I didn't have two current projects, I'd think about it.  But knowing some of the other wrenchheads on here, you should not have a probem finding them a home.  Whoever gets it, I may still have some parts lying around.

coffee_brake said:
Check us out, this is a great bunch of people:

www.nighthawk-forums.com

That is a good site. I was there for awhile (when I had my 1985 CB700SC Nighthawk S) until I ticked off one of the grand pooh-bahs and had to leave. Too bad, I was just getting started.

Dan

Yeah the mods can be a little stuffy, but for the most part it's a non-combative, easy-going and helpful forum. I ride with lots of these folks regularly and we swap parts, wrenching help and gear back and forth pretty often.

Rotorzook said:

As Stated before, if possible please illuminate your request with additional information as to the bikes whereabouts, condition and any further pertinent knowledge so the right person(s) may assist you in your quest?  Please? Thank you.

Sorry it took so long to reply.  Work gets in the way of life.

They live in west central OH.

Both run, I used one to commute until I got my Stealth Concours.  One has the headlight removed and some minor parts off, but nothing major.  Neither is currently very beautiful, but the possibility exists if someone has the time and determination.

Rotorzook said:
Sorry it took so long to reply.  Work gets in the way of life.

They live in west central OH.

Both run, I used one to commute until I got my Stealth Concours.  One has the headlight removed and some minor parts off, but nothing major.  Neither is currently very beautiful, but the possibility exists if someone has the time and determination.

Pictures? Prices? State of condition? Mileage on both? Anything that could lead us to decide to make this work at all?

If you want us to help, please provide us with enough to go on.

Dan

Seriously, if you need to move 'em out, offer them up on the Nighthawk forum I referenced earlier. It's a great forum and I know of at least four members I've met and ridden with from Ohio who have the capabilities to make a nice project from your '82s....

If you don't want to join the Nighthawk forum, then PM me the information and I'll post it for you. I can vouch for ya, since you're on the COG forum and all... ;D

coffee_brake said:
Seriously, if you need to move 'em out, offer them up on the Nighthawk forum I referenced earlier. It's a great forum and I know of at least four members I've met and ridden with from Ohio who have the capabilities to make a nice project from your '82s....

If you don't want to join the Nighthawk forum, then PM me the information and I'll post it for you. I can vouch for ya, since you're on the COG forum and all... ;D

The Nighthawk forum requires a 25 post minimum before listing anything for sale. That is how I got kicked out of there even though I only mentioned that I was putting my Nighthawk up for sale but specifically not offering it for sale on that forum.

Dan

I'm sorry that happened, I'm not a mod there. As you can expect, we get as much of that type of stuff as does the COG forum here.

I can still offer up the info for the OP, no need to have the two bikes cluttering the garage and sitting up when I can expose the info to a forum's worth of interested Nighthawk riders....