• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

penny pig in a poke for a pound

505benito6427

hi, got a decent deal on a o8 c14 but the more i explore i understand why. i also am beginning to think the designer of this bike really disliked his home life so that a 30 min oil change could take all weekend to complete. glad to have access to wealth of knowledge here. thanks for the access

im not a stranger to riding or tooling on bikes , but boy does this connie takes some zen: even did a stint in shop for bit and restored a few cafes so hopefully we can get her back to dragon warhorse status by time spring comes

What was so difficult about ur oil change that it took u all weekend? It is quite literally a 1/2 hour job. U don't have to remove any bodywork to do .this

well it was joke like the air filter change looks easy too... only took me two hours..lol,,the bike hadnt been serviced in quite some time . broke a filter dohicky and my knuckle before i had to do the ol screwdriver puncture trick to free it up . idk if it was the oil or if they were already glazed but the clutch then seamed to be slipping so i started at the slave and master and rebuilt with new fluid and seals hoping that would resolve but alas ill have to get into the plate side. its got an annoying oil leak drip on exhaust that im hoping is just the cam seals murph sells and having put it on side stand .

Ahhh, so u dove in the deep end....lol

Yhe oil leak on the exhaust can be 1 of 2 things. The valve cover gasket at 1 of the front (exhaust) corners pools oil. Or and more likely it's the cam position sensor. Murphs sells the oversized O ring for that, if I remember correctly.. u dont HAVE to remove the radiator to get to it.

Have fun...

Join for the bike, stay for the people