• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Photo History

musicman

Tricycle
Hi all!

I'm brand new here, just joined on yesterday. As I was introducing myself I had a great time trying to remember all (11) of the bikes I've owned in my time riding. I even forgot the VFR when recalling them yesterday. Browsing around old files and the photobucket account, I realized I actually still have at least one picture of each... So here they are, for my enjoyment having them all in one place and your perusal!

1993 Yamaha Seca II
009.jpg

1985 Yamaha FJ1100
deckboatandprom427.jpg

1996 Suzuki Savage 650
133.jpg

1995 Honda VFR 750
vfr1.jpg

1999 Ducati ST4
FirstRide318.jpg

2003 Yamaha FZ1
DSCF1016.jpg

1999 Ducati ST4 AMA 955 (very modded, 136 rwhp)
newduc2.jpg

Just before my saddle sore 1,000, I used the bike to move back home for the summer!
IMG_0375.jpg

And the destruction that was found a few days after it was stolen  :(
IMG_0468.jpg

2005 Kawasaki KLR 650
IMG_0483.jpg

The accident that ended it's life, and almost mine. What's left of the KLR in under the front of the SUV
IMG_0644.png

1986 Honda Shadow - Bought just before that accident, only put a few miles on this one
IMG_0514.jpg

2002 Suzuki Savage 650
IMG_1231.jpg

And a few of my new-to-me 1992 Concours!
IMG_1345.jpg

IMG_1347.jpg

IMG_1356.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the pics, and feel free to comment!!

Welcome DFL and thanks for sharing your nice collection of previous rides. Glad you survived the rear-ending accident. Very nice Ducati before it was stolem, stripped, and burned? Enjoy the Connie, it is a great bike.

I like the custom trunk on the 96 Savage...  8)

:-\ That wreck with the KLR looks pretty bad, glad you were able to survive that one!!

Welcome to the forum DFL!  ^-^

Thanks everyone!!

It was actually a head-on accident on the KLR... I was traveling straight at 55mph and the 4Runner didn't see me - came across quickly into my lane to let traffic go by him as he was about to make a left turn. The accident analysis determined I was going 48-50 mph and he was doing 30 at the time we hit. In the split second I had to react, I was able to swerve a bit and I started to raise up off my seat. Luckily that allowed only some of me to hit the SUV and I flew instead of sticking into the grille like the KLR did. Was a pretty rough one, though.

Thanks for noticing the pickle bucket trunk on the Savage! I was pretty proud of that idea. Held a bunch of stuff and served as a nice back rest. I did the same with my more recent one as well.

Looking at the final Ducati pic still breaks my heart. It wasn't burned... It was stripped, hotwired, spray painted, and thats how it was found on the curb after the thief looped it doing a wheelie.  :'(