• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

PLEASE DO NOT MAKE YOUR THREAD SUBJECT LINE READ "SOLD" ONLY

rev ryder

COG Executive Director
Please leave your header intact and simply add "SOLD" to it.  If you would like your thread removed for some reason, please let me know and I will likely accommodate you.  However, simply because an item has sold is not reason to make the thread of no value.  It retains value as long as the heading is in place.  Folks can see who bought what or how much it sold for or they may go searching for something that was for sale recently and suddenly they cannot find it.  Marking the thread as simply "SOLD" undoes most intrinsic value the thread may still have.

No thread should be removed from the Emporium until a sale is complete and both parties are content.  Sometimes the information from these threads are required for arbitration, mediation, or consolation.  Please! Please! Please, leave your thread AND subject line intact.  If the thread truly has zero merit, I will remove it.  If its purpose is served and the item sold is in the buyer's hands and all is well, ask me and I will remove it if you really want me to.  Otherwise, an old, seemingly worthless thread can be helpful to someone selling or buying later, down the road.

Thanks Yall!

And for anyone that does not already know, you can edit the title by editing your first post.

It was nine feet wide and six feet high, soft as a downy chick.
Made from the feather of forty-leven geese, took a whole bolt of cloth for the tick....  ;D

Rev Ryder said:
Made from the feather of forty-leven geese, took a whole bolt of cloth for the tick....  ;D

? WTH you talkin bout

Brass said:
Rev Ryder said:

? WTH you talkin bout
Why, Grandma's feather bed of course.  :)

Rev, how do I post a classified for selling my 14 on the Emporium?  I'm having trouble navigating site to guide me on posting instructions.

Mike

Mike said:
Rev, how do I post a classified for selling my 14 on the Emporium?  I'm having trouble navigating site to guide me on posting instructions.

Mike
Hey Mike,
Posting an ad is the same as posting in the thread you did post in except you create and name the thread too..
Click on the C-14 Emporium section and then click the "NEW TOPIC" button.  You will get a new window that will look like the other one you posted in except the SUBJECT line will be blank.  That's where you name your thread like 2008 C-14 FOR SALE $250! CHEAP BUT BEAUTIFUL. And then fill in the copy area and add pix if you want to.  THe BEST way to add pix is to put them up on Photobucket and then link to them. Or you can add them directly, but they have to be sized appropriately for that to work.  Photobucket is best.  If you need more help let me know and I'll help you get it up. 
Blessings,
Chuck ~ Rev

nOObs 
lol8.gif

cra-z1000 said:
Or better yet , delete the post , as it is no longer relevant to anyone .  :-\
Despite your emoticon and the likelihood you are only teasing, I'll just say, "Nearly every post in the Emporium has relevance and continuing value LOOOONNNNNNGGG after the sale."

So it is a rare thing that I will delete Emporium threads, even if the OP requests it.  Carry on.

That's been the policy, to not delete emporium posts.

And the best way to get your post marked sold (or to edit a post past the time limit) is to hit the 'Report to Moderator' link. That way anyone who has moderator or admin status will see it, in fact it sends out a notice e-mail.

I'm trying to mark my item as sold but I'm not seeing anywhere to edit my first post. I'll let me quote or create a new post but not seeing an edit. Am I missing something?

Hazy said:
I'm trying to mark my item as sold but I'm not seeing anywhere to edit my first post. I'll let me quote or create a new post but not seeing an edit. Am I missing something?

There is a time limit on how long any post can be edited. It is a reasonable amount of time like 30 days. After that only a mod or admin can edit it. There is a post a few up from WillyP that explains this...

WillyP said:
And the best way to get your post marked sold (or to edit a post past the time limit) is to hit the 'Report to Moderator' link. That way anyone who has moderator or admin status will see it, in fact it sends out a notice e-mail.

Ahhh... ok... didn't realize there were time limits on when you can edit a post. Thanks for the info.  :beerchug: :beerchug: