• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Please VOTE for Dan Paulsen (danodemotoman) for OTP Traveler

danodemotoman

COG 2877
I may be the most deserving and a great ambassador too!
The next COG event I host is Mar 17, Wrench and BBQ at my place. Guaranteed good time, BBQ and lots of 'factual motorcycle anecdotes' to share.
COG is my extended family.  I like to ride solo and with others.
In addition to the previous 21 years as a COG 2877 member
Have hosted/rally mastered 70 !! events including 18 yrs as a WA AAD.
Of those are 20 years hosting the annual "Volcano Ride' featuring Mt St Helens.
Regional rally's.
Many, many day rides.
Four C10's accumulating 300k miles.  Currently riding the ZGRX 1200 as engineered by Dan Bergman using a 2003 C10 frame and 2003 ZGRX 1200 engine and front forks/brakes/wheels.. While also doing dirt bike and adv riding.

Think OCD motorcycle behavior.
After my first several years as a AAD this was a special surprise to me.

Well done Dan.
  I really like list of how much you have done and the award you included in your posting.  :great: :great:

But, you completely left out the insults, backstabbing, and innuendo's about the other Candidates. ??

Good {mostly} clean arguing is highly recommended in "OtP" Campaigning..
Unfortunately; The only thing that is not allowed is {public} fistfights.

Let the Campaigning continue!!!!

Ride safe, Ted

Good luck Dan!!

:motonoises:    :motonoises:  :great:  :great:    :beerchug:  :beerchug:

Thanks for your support my friends.
Anybody irritated over the years by 2nd place MOB can vote for:

Dan Paulsen COG 2877
Memba 21 yrs, WAAAD 18 yrs
Hosted over 70 COG events

VOTE For DAN PAULSEN

I reluctantly withdraw my nomination for 2019 OTP Traveler.
It is primarily for personal reasons, family issues.
I thank all those involved especially those COG members, my family and friends who voted and donated to OTP.
Thank you all. I apologize for the late withdrawal.
Good luck and safe travel to the winner!
Dan Paulsen COG 2877

I would like to share with you a snippet from my message to Dan when replying to his withdrawal
"No worries. I have great respect for you and your decision. I cannot imagine the difficulty you had to struggle with to make it. Simply based on the amount of effort your many friends put in to vote for you and the kind words they included, it is very clear you are admired by many and of stellar character and integrity.
I am sad by your decision but not disappointed. You have made a very difficult decision and as shown in your history, without thought for yourself but for others. So at the end of the day I am very proud of you.
            Personally please let me know if I can help in any way. It is my great pleasure to have met you and know you. On behalf of OtP and with some liberties on behalf of COG thank you for your efforts. Are you going to be at the Bun Cooler? Because if so I will not shake your hand, I will be tackling you to the ground with a big old man hug.
With all due respect Sir,
Mark"
To all of those that Voted for Dan and donated on his behalf Thank you. Your Votes and donations were not in vain and paid respect for a Man that deserves the accolades. I suspect he recognizes that fact and the many supporters he has. And with that the support he can always fall back on when needed. May the winner of this contest while OtP honor him with a cold fizzy adult bev raised on high.  :beerchug:

Wow now is the time to ask co sign on that bank loan! LOL
Thanks to Mark for your kind works.
Thanks to Jim for calling me right away and that I might stay in the running.
But no, family issues are a bit intense lately so don't see that changing soon.
Now was the time to make a decision rather than after the winner is selected.
No longer low maintenance and no drama Dan.
COG and members are still #1 with me.

Dan, I'm sorry that circumstances have taken you out of the running. I'll be praying for you and the family, and, should I be selected for this year's trip, I shall raise a glass in your honor at every stop.

Ed if you should get to go this time around, I would hope Dan would get a good close up picture of you eating some fish.  ;)

I have friends in low {Eu} places and have already arranged photo's of the "OtP" Winner eating stinky fish..  :sign0137:

Ride safe, Ted

TimR said:
Ed if you should get to go this time around, I would hope Dan would get a good close up picture of you eating some fish.  ;)
I would even let them use my camera and telephoto lens to get the smallest details of my reaction.

Nice thing about having all full-color pages in the Concourier...I can devote a two-page spread to the picture!  :)) :)) :beerchug:

Pro tip for the winner- spend a few minutes getting used to the smell, and the taste isn't as bad as you would think.

Charlie_Gary_AAD said:
Pro tip for the winner- spend a few minutes getting used to the smell, and the taste isn't as bad as you would think.
Good tip. I may have an inside edge. I grew up in south Louisiana and spent a lot of time around the water. Stinky fish is nothing new to my olfactory sense. :))

Swampcat said:
Charlie_Gary_AAD said:
Good tip. I may have an inside edge. I grew up in south Louisiana and spent a lot of time around the water. Stinky fish is nothing new to my olfactory sense. :))

take my word on it... you don't have a clue.... I have eaten the glorious delicacy..and find it "magically delicious".. like "lucky charms" :)) :))
and actually like it... strronnnng men RUN, when Hans opens the can, in a bucket...

in the word of Yoda...
"be afraid, be very afraid...."

Just eat that gourmet item with plenty of crackers and drown it down with a beer! it is a something that you must do! Fun time!!

:motonoises:  :motonoises:  :great:

Pro tip from the guy that has tasted "stinky fish" at 3 rallies..
    Before the tasting, prepare yourself with "vast" quantities of Schnapps, and beer. :beerchug:
        Then: GO FOR IT!!!!  :-\

NOTE: This year; plugging your nose, wearing a bib, and covering your clothes/hair with plastic
              {like a certain "OtP" Traveler did previously}
                      "IS NOT ALLOWED"!!  :sign0135:        {I thought Marines wuz tuff}  :rotflmao:

Ride safe, Ted  {fly Navy}

connie_rider said:
NOTE: This year plugging your nose, wearing a bib, and covering your clothes/hair with plastic {like a certain "OtP" Traveler did previously} "IS NOT ALLOWED"!!
Spoilsport!  :nananana:

I thought the picture of that previous traveler all covered up made it look like he was in food service, not food tasting!

connie_rider said:
{fly Navy}
:great: :great: :great: :great: