• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Pre Tday tech and BS session

2fast

Crotch Rocket
COG November tech session.

I will be hosting a tech session / meet & greet at my house on Saturday, November 19th. This should be a great time to get together before the snow and holidays are in full swing. Hopefully it will still be warm enough for the hardiest to ride here. As always, if you have something you would like to do on your bike, just bring your bike and whatever parts or fluids you need, and you will have plenty of help to get it done. I have a lift in a heated workshop if needed, and garage space for projects not requiring the lift. The garage heating will be marginal, but i think I have enough space heaters to make it tolerable. I have a fairly good tool selection, but if you need something real special, please bring it along. We can also do tire change and balancing if anyone needs to change rubber. I have what is needed, just bring the wheels and tires.

I will make up some chili to eat, and if you want to bring something else to share, please do. There is no obligation to bring anything, so don't feel you have to. Bring along any motorcycle parts or gear you would like to sell, trade, or just get out of your life. Bring the refreshment of your choice, but plan on sleeping on my couch if you overdo it :)
I have a large driveway to park in, but no street parking, so if you are able to ride here, so much the better! I think I can also talk one of my neighbors into loaning their driveway if needed.

Let's start about 11:00 am and we can go till I kick you out.....no real deadline. If your project doesn't get done and needs to stay overnite and get wrapped up the next day, that would be a possibility. If you are bringing a bike on a trailer, please come a little earlier to make unloading easier.

Looking forward to seeing everyone, and hopefully some new faces.

If you are on the email list, you already got this. If you did not get it, send me an email at bp snow at hot mail dot commm with your full name included and I will send you my address info. Just trying to avoid the bozos on the internet, ya know?

Who's in ?

I am bringing my C14, air filter and spark plug change. This will require a lot of plastic removal.

I do have the fuel cell mounted if anyone wants to see how that install looks.

Jeff

As of today, I am planning on being there.  Since Jeff is bringing the C14 for some maintenance, we'll help out and see if we can "mess up" anything in the process!!!  :)

Denny

lsgiant said:
Who's in ?

I am bringing my C14, air filter and spark plug change. This will require a lot of plastic removal.

I do have the fuel cell mounted if anyone wants to see how that install looks.

Jeff

Surely there is something we can break fix on Joane's bike too.... ::)  I have an impact wrench!

The Ninja should be good for awhile.

But I have heard that we maybe graced with the presence of a great motorcycling dignitary.

Multiple rally winner

President of the largest non Harley motorcycle club in the Twin Cities

Former rider of the year

Please plan to attend to meet this very special rider,  :D

I'll be there. I missed too many things this year due to family issues. Need some motorcycle fellowship.

Bluto is running well, so I don't plan working on my bike. I hope to be able to ride.

Jim

Unfortunately that is the day of one of my four thanksgiving dinners this year so I'll be in Detroit Lakes.  A major bummer cause I need to get a new front tire and brakes installed as well as a good brake flush.  Guess it will wait till next spring or another gig this winter.  Have fun ya'll.

Thats a wrap! Somewhere around a dozen brave souls came over for the get together today. It started to snow around noon and just kept going.  Jeff got his shiny new plastic and front fairing mount done, and Carl got a valve adjustment and petcock fix taken care of. All in all, a good day of wrenching when riding was most definitely out of the question.  I didn't take many photos, but here's what I got.http://community.webshots.com/album/581845876UOUghV

As expected, a good time. It was good to see old friends and meet some new ones.

Brian, Thanks for hosting.