• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Price increase on Phil’s Farkels Luggage Racks.

philipintexas

Scooter
Industry Vendor
I have NOT raised my prices in 12 years, 3 different machine shops and multiple material cost increases. Reluctantly, I must raise my price or quit selling them. My last batch included a 100% increase on the aluminum so finally I must raise my rack price by $6.00. All other prices will remain the same.
I apologize, but like all others I’m caught in the inflationary spiral that doesn’t seem to have any end.

I understand Phil, I don't think anybody here will complain. You make a great product that I just got; it was the first thing I ordered for my new bike. it looks factory and it bolted right up, and, it arrived sooner than a letter I would have sent cross town! :)

Hey Phil, Why don't I see styles A & B on your site? I had no idea there were these choices.

Hey Phil, Why don't I see styles A & B on your site? I had no idea there were these choices.
Since about 2015 the bikes have come with black grab-rails and nearly all orders were for the all black. So I dropped the other options so when I go on trips it’s easy to have orders prepared ahead of time. I still make whatever combination people ask for.

I noticed that too, but in the end I would have ordered black anyhow to look as close to factory as possible, and it looks great!

I have NOT raised my prices in 12 years, 3 different machine shops and multiple material cost increases. Reluctantly, I must raise my price or quit selling them. My last batch included a 100% increase on the aluminum so finally I must raise my rack price by $6.00. All other prices will remain the same.
I apologize, but like all others I’m caught in the inflationary spiral that doesn’t seem to have any end.
No problem Phil, it didn’t stop me from ordering one the other day from you. It’s gonna look great and thank you again for the quick service! Inflation bites!

No apology necessary. The world has changed and we change along with it. I wish you continued success selling your quality products.