• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Professional yet down to earth friendly

AlwysYng

Moped
As some of you know, I have migrated from my wonderful 2012 C14 to a 2016 Spyder F3T Ltd due to knee issues. With the C14 I had upgraded it with Steve Seffick’s decal flash about three years ago back when that version first came out. Man, what a difference that made to the bike!  :great: Having been spoiled by what a good flash can do to a bikes performance I was anxious to have this done to the Spyder as well. Well CanAm’s software is much harder to crack and there are very few places that have had any success, one in Canada and one in Australia.  :-[ The one in Canada has an affiliate shop in Shreveport La that will do their flash without having to send it to Canada and deal with customs (you might not get it back).  :-\
Anyway, long story short, since I’ve met Steve several times I shot off a PM to him asking what kind of intelligent questions I should ask these people about their flash. Well, within half an hour I get a phone call from Steve and we talked on the phone for half an hour about flashes. Now Steve knows nothing about the Spyder, but he does know about engines and what software changes can do. After talking with Steve and sending emails back and forth with Canada and Shreveport, who were great to deal with, I ended up getting my ECU flashed. Again, man what a difference that made to the bike!  :great: Performance and drivability is very similar to Steve’s but not quite as good, ...close. Now the Spyder is never going to compete with the C14, but it will hall butt and smoke that 9-inch-wide tire a good 20 feet or more and is a blast to ride.  :motonoises: Looking forward to meeting up with everyone at RWTW in a few weeks and running it in the mountains.
So, thanks Steve for your professionalism and being a down to earth nice guy.  :beerchug:

Ensure you check the drive pulley for red dust frequently.  You do know about that don't you?

Freddy said:
Ensure you check the drive pulley for red dust frequently.  You do know about that don't you?

I don't even have a spyder and I want to know what the red dust is...  :-[

Freddy, thanks for the concern. Yes, I follow the Spyderlovers forum as well and have been reading about it since the beginning. I think they're up over 12 page now on the subject. No bike is ever perfect. As out there as forums can get at times, you still learn a lot  from others. See you at the wolf!