• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Projekt D Radiator Guard

Tundra

I just ordered the pricey "Projekt D" brand radiator guard. This will replace the "Arashi" brand. I thought I was saving money when I bought the Arashi, it's ill fitting needed customizing and bending to make it work. Now it's rubbing causing damage. Sometimes you get what you pay for.  Cheap is not good and good is not cheap.

What too you so long?  :)

Literally one of THE first things I bought for the C14.  Cheap insurance for that huge (expensive) radiator.

ghostrider990 said:

Literally one of THE first things I bought for the C14.  Cheap insurance for that huge (expensive) radiator.
I was using a different brand as well as a Fender extender.
connie_rider said:
What problems did the Arashi cause?
I've had no problems since I installed mine.

Ride safe, Ted
It was shipped damaged, I had to do metal work to attempt to make it fit, the mounts/holes never lined up properly and it's chafing on the radiator. I may use it for grilling shrimp, or a garage decoration. LOL ;D ;D

ghostrider990 said:

+1  :great:

After I installed mine, I used a couple of very large clips (the kind you use to hold a large stack of paper) to the bottom of the guard, to make sure nothing slipped up through the crack, After I clipped them on, I removed the clip clamps. Works like a champ ...

I looked mine over and see no problems. Suspect that yours might be chafing at the lower front/right corner?
I'll look at mine again. If chaffing, I'll just raise it up in that area, and put a dollop of silicone there to prevent possible movement.

As the Projeckt D is mounted the same way, might be a good idea for others to check theirs too.

Thanx for the head up, Ride safe, Ted

Road Runner said:
ghostrider990 said:

After I installed mine, I used a couple of very large clips (the kind you use to hold a large stack of paper) to the bottom of the guard, to make sure nothing slipped up through the crack, After I clipped them on, I removed the clip clamps. Works like a champ ...
Finally arrived, clearing customs and having to pick it up/sign for it at the USPS. Packed extremely well, very strong box, zero damage. I ordered with the GTR14 logo. Thanks for the tip Road Runner :great:

Tundra said:
Road Runner said:
ghostrider990 said:

Finally arrived, clearing customs and having to pick it up/sign for it at the USPS. Packed extremely well, very strong box, zero damage. I ordered with the GTR14 logo. Thanks for the tip Road Runner :great:

You're welcome Tundra! You may have to bend it slightly to get it to form-fit correctly. Like I mentioned (somewhere) you may have a couple of small gaps at the bottom of the guard where it does not seal as close as you like. I fixed this by installing a couple of the extra large, black alligator clips (don't know what real name is) then removed the clamps. Don't know they're there. Work like a champ!

Installed today, easy peasy no bending, forcing, fabricating required. Beautifully packed and shipped to prevent damage.
(why can't all sellers do that) Also installed my exhaust logo. Riding tomorrow found a nice spot for a Sunrise Connie photo, then off to breakfast with riding buddies.

Attachments

• IMG_20200718_151754028.jpg
    IMG_20200718_151754028.jpg
    321 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_20200718_154814484.jpg
    IMG_20200718_154814484.jpg
    234.9 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_20200718_151306684.jpg
    IMG_20200718_151306684.jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 129
Tundra said:
Installed today, easy peasy no bending, forcing, fabricating required. Beautifully packed and shipped to prevent damage.
(why can't all sellers do that) Also installed my exhaust logo. Riding tomorrow found a nice spot for a Sunrise Connie photo, then off to breakfast with riding buddies.

:great: