• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Prolly been discussed before TIRES

Under “Concours Discussions” there is a tab for “Tires and Suspension”,  there is a whole discussion and recommendations on tires for the C-10.

Redwrench said:
I have  a 2002 .Is it ok to use bias tires ?  Can I mix and match bias and radial ?

While I too, have a 2002...mine has 17" wheels on it and I am running a radial front and a bias ply rear tire...no problems here...

looks like a few folks are running bias in the rear and radial up front...I just have a couple of questions on this combination:

1) any thoughts on the expectation for mileage for the rear tire running a bias vs. radial (i.e. higher or lower)?

2) Daytona Mike, you indicated that you wouldn't recommend the opposite of the above (i.e. bias on the front, radial on the rear) --- may I ask why this is?

thanks in advance for any thoughts,
John

I’ve gone through 3 sets of radial front / bias rear tires.
I typically get 2 seasons / 12K miles per set.
For the front I’ve used Bridgestone 023, then T-30, now T-31.
On the rear I use Shinko 777 HD.
Cost for a set is about $200, delivered.
IMO, best handling, feedback, longevity and cost per mile.
I don’t consider the C-10 a “Super Sport Tourer” and for me
this combo suits it just fine.