• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Purchase C14 in OH Anyone know the Dealer?

scrape

After wearing my Sprint ST out unexpectedly, I am in the market now for a new C14. I have found a good deal at a dealer in Ohio called "State 8 Motorcycle Mall" (www.state8.com). AT $1700 under MSRP it is more economical to fly out fron Mass and ride back than to buy locally. As an added bonus it is on the way to the COG national I was heading to anyways, so I may be able to still go. What a great way to break in a new bike. DOES ANYONE know anything about this dealer "State 8 Motorcycle Mall", they are located in Peninsula OH near Cleveland/Akron area. I am looking for puechase experiences/dealer reviews before I go off and sign the bottom line on their paperwork. Thanks!

Naults in southern NH quoted me a very good price OTD (excluding taxes and registration) on a 2010 w/ABS a couple of weeks ago. This was before any negotiations. I'm also sure I could get a good OTD price from Coastline Motorsports in Old Saybrook CT. The trick will be to find a dealer that actually has one. My point is that you don't need to get one in OH if you live in MA. All other things being equal (meaning getting the bike at roughly the same low price), support your local dealer to keep them in a position to support you. ;)

You might try Honda East in Maumee, Ohio (Toledo suburb)... I've heard nothing but good feedback about them & they're also on the way to the National... The Toledo airport(Toledo Express) is only 10 miles to the west...

Rochester MotorSports had a couple on the floor about a month ago I don;t remember the exact numbers but they seemed decent. http://www.rochestermotorsports.com/index.htm

ended up buying locally, although tempted by lower prices in the midwset ($1700 lower) the OH dealer could not provide a physical bike by my deadline. Thought about it some more and stuck with a local dealer, whom turned out to be very good (Depot Honda/Kawasaki in Rye, NH) and not too expensive for me in the end.