• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Questioning myself now

KSC14CRZR

How far into tearing down your bike did you start to wonder if you hate yourself?

My personal ride, a Concours 14, is under the knife right now, have her torn down to do the valves, add cruise, tires and some other small things. Waiting for a friend to come over to help with the technical stuff so I thought I would throw on the sway bar and wire in my Zumo XT onto the RT.

Why did I think it was a good idea to have two highly fairinged bikes? Swear my next bike will either be a naked or cruiser.

Why.jpg

When you finish, you will look back at these trying times and chuckle to even think about thinking that way, while planning the next project with hope anew.

Just going with a naked or cruiser might not improve it that much. On my Road King I had to take the entire exhaust apart just to get the cam cover off.

I think the easiest bike I've had for maintenance was the GL500 Silver wing. Everything on them was gravy unless you had a stator or water pump issue.

Thanks for all the comments. It does seem like there isn't anything new at least that isn't getting harder to work on.

Connie is still on the stand but after two days down, just because I had other commitments Saturday, the Spyder is back on the road. There may be more panels, but I honestly think the Spyder is easier to tear into then the Kawasaki is. Though as much as I appreciate the ease of the driving the Spyder, it doesn't scratch the itch that I have from not being on the C14. Can't wait to get her finished up and back on the road as well.

index.php
index.php
Pretty sure there aren't any C14's with two wheels in the front.