• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

RaceTech vs Progressive

My guess is he's talking about the front, but I'd love to hear what you have to say about the rear as well.  I don't think I've seen anyone talk about racetech for the rear before....since I've been around anyway.

If you are timing front suspension don't waste your money on the progressive springs. Depending on your weight choose the Sonic 1.1 or 1.2 fork springs. The rear has several options, ZZR 1200 shock, C-14 shock being the two most popular.

Sorry, should’ve clarified. I was referring to the front. Thanks Jim. I’m looking into those too. I’ll probably go with the c-14 rear shock.

esmoojee said:
Sorry, should’ve clarified. I was referring to the front. Thanks Jim. I’m looking into those too. I’ll probably go with the c-14 rear shock.

IF you decide on the C-14 shock, make sure you can find a lowering rocker to bring the back of the bike
back down to normal ride height before you start.  Soupy's lowering links will not fit with the wider C-14 shock
spring.  Leaving the rear end up high makes the center stand kinda scary, and the side stand puts the bike at
a very uncomfortable angle.  The progressive rear shock is much more plug-n-play, but it is pricey for a new one.

The soupys links won't work with the ZZR1200 shock either. If you can find one of the Norm Sourcy lowering rockers that would be your best bet.

I've got about 20K on a progressive rear, feels good and no issues (bought it used).  Getting ready to order the Sonic Springs for replacement along with fork seals and oil.  :beerchug:

Thanks again guys for the info.  If I go with the sonic springs, do I need to cut spacers or are they included with the springs?