• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Rats!

gbyoung2

Well, I really, really, really didn’t want to do this, but when you detect the clutch starting to slip from all that RAW power, you have no choice.
:p3rry

Pricey NOS (vintage) and aftermarket stuff should be here in a couple of days. No real current damage that I could see, but now I know why a previous owner had the cover off previously. It appears that the original primary drive chain tensioner failed at some point and was replaced. Apparently, one small spring for the centrifugal oil filter was lost in the process, but I found a NOS one on eBay.

Always something, eh?

Img_6964-L.jpg

Img_6965-L.jpg

Its called a cookie sheet.....sheesh
Yup! I almost commented on that, but you took care of it for me. (y)

Thank you.

And to the others, yes, she does know where it is since she donated it. It had gotten rusty from sitting in storage, so I bead blasted it and use it as a drip pan. Works perfectly.