• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Re: What did You Do to your C-10 Today?

56taskforce

This is usually a fun running post on most automotive boards, sorry if there is already one here.
I did do a search and came up empty.
Ok here we go, since my bike is multiple colors needing body work paint and I am currently not able to ride it because I am waiting for a new cooling fan. I have decided since I have to remove all the body panels in order to replace the cooling fan anyway I will start on the body work and panel repair while they are all off. I have cut my riding season short in order to Do complete maintenance and a repaint. I plan on adjusting the valves, possibly removing the carburetors and sending them off to Steve oh and of course replacing that cooling fan that started screaming at me the other day. To complete the project I ordered a complete Hardware kit from Murph as well as caliper rebuild kits, fairing extenders and a new windscreen.

which one?  :nananana:

Haha the 06 is sleeping in storage atm while I was putting finishing touches on the 02 project.

Got the driving lights wired up on friday, washed it sunday, took it out for a 200 mile journey last night...and now it need another bath. Bugs are pretty bad this year.

The 06 will get steves carb treatment in the winter and maybe a jbox rebuild for good measure....so she has nothing to complain about.

Goldwing got a car tire put on last week, so been dealing with that whole chestnut.

Order from Murph's is do in today and the replacement cooling fan got here yesterday.
Haven't had time to even look at the old girl, dam my job gets in the way of all my fun...

Just a few items from Murph's to make the riding a little more enjoyable.
x Brake Caliper Rebuild Kit, 1994-2006
  - Caliper Rebuild Kit Options: All Calipers, 3 kits, 1994-2006 $68.00
1 x Cee Bailey's Vented Windscreens
  - Screen Options: 25.5", No Tint
  - Screen Tinting: No Tint $196.00
1 x Bergmen Engineering Fuel Tank Quick Release for Your Concours $13.50
1 x Deluxe Black Stainless Screw Kit for Your Concours
  - Black Stainless Screw Kit Years: 1990 to 2006 $66.00
1 x OEM Fairing Extender Kit

In the process of rebuilding all hydraulics and replacing lines with braided steel. Just have the clutch MC/slave left to do, (after lunch) and then wait for the humidity in North Texas to go down to fill and bleed.

First extended ride on the Shinko/Continental tire combo. So far so good. Seemed a bit odd passing buggies, dodging horse exhaust and listening to the Talking Heads. Good times!

Replaced the cooling fan.https://goo.gl/photos/ch5xVsQAHxaPadZCA

Took the carbs off and broke two of the metering needles.  Don't ask.............. :mad:

Thread started in "EMPORIUM" seeking to buy replacements.  :-[

Oh, well, it'll give me time to overhaul the brakes. :great:

Mettler1 said:
Grant said:
Replaced the cooling fan.https://goo.gl/photos/ch5xVsQAHxaPadZCA

How the hell did oem fan get busted up like that???  ::) ::)
Not busted melted.... And I have no idea... Was riding home from work and started hearing what sounded like the bearing in the fan motor screaming of course traffic was nuts and the bike started to overheat. I nursed at home and bought a fan of e-Bay.

I plan on sealing up the my broken air box that stemmed from my accident a couple weeks ago.

I still have ton of work to do in order to get the Barron back up in fighting form but, that will be a winter project.

added these led back lit reflectors. had to add a small hole for the wires but totally reversible. running lights and turn signals, and looks stock at 1st glance. also, still acts as reflector with power off. was like 12 bucks or something shipped for the pair off e-bay. 

Attachments

• IMG-20170902-00451.jpg
    IMG-20170902-00451.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG-20170902-00450.jpg
    IMG-20170902-00450.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 241
m in sc said:
added these led back lit reflectors. had to add a small hole for the wires but totally reversible. running lights and turn signals, and looks stock at 1st glance. also, still acts as reflector with power off. was like 12 bucks or something shipped for the pair off e-bay.
Looks like what I've been looking for. Can you post a link?

sure.  of course they are 'on sale' now. lol.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yellow-LED-Reflector-Tail-Brake-Stop-Marker-Light-Truck-Trailer-RVATV-Motorcycle-/222497822691?hash=item33cde757e3:g:R~8AAOSwr6RZfFBO&vxp=mtr

i just tied it into the lights in the upper fairing with a sub harness i made.

they also have red ones http://www.ebay.com/itm/2pcs-Motorcycle-Truck-12V-Red-24-SMD-LED-Reflector-Tail-Brake-Stop-Marker-Light-/192062619174?hash=item2cb7d2fe26:g:274AAOSw6DtYVwIj&vxp=mtr

MichiGlenn said:
m in sc said:
Looks like what I've been looking for. Can you post a link?

Ordered the mirror my son broke in the garage, ordered a tire, getting ready to change the oil, and see if I can get the buzzer beaters to mount correctly...

Phoned the insurance to ask when the **** am I gonna get my bike back so I can start fixing it.
The driver of the truck I bounced off is contesting whether he was at fault.

Boomer said:
Phoned the insurance to ask when the **** am I gonna get my bike back so I can start fixing it.
The driver of the truck I bounced off is contesting whether he was at fault.

It figures. I do two things that give other drivers a perception that seems to cause them to do stupid s*** around me. While riding a bike the small size gives other drivers the perception that I am much further from them than I really am. When I am driving a Class 8 truck the large size gives other drivers the perception that I am moving much slower than I really am. Either way the way the human brain works as either the writer of a bike or the driver of a truck even though visually other drivers may see me their brain will discount me as an immediate threat. This is actually why other drivers are either sure you weren't there when they made the decision to pull out or say I didn't even see him. While on a bike your small size and Lane position may actually have hidden you from their line-of-sight however it happens in a large truck as well and this can be absolutely dumbfounding.

Cee Bailey shield came in yesterday and got an email from the Wizard, antlers and all the parts to properly mount the baggage are on their way. The bike is in pieces as of now had to replace a cooling fan that went out so taking advantage of this time to body work the multiple colors faring pieces and get them painted. If the weather is still suitable when I finish painting the fairing pieces I will put it together and ride a little more this fall. If the weather turns before I finish I will pull the carburetors and as soon as finances permit send them to Steve I may even order a set of Steve's cams. I do need to watch what I spend here though as I am still working on purchasing that C-14...

wrapped up the (" spal fan replacement and test rode. fresh water pump and valve adjustment as well. the fan takes MUCH less time to cool the radiator down than a good stocker, so was def worth the (50 dollar) upgrade IMHO.  :great:

m in sc said:
wrapped up the (" spal fan replacement and test rode. fresh water pump and valve adjustment as well. the fan takes MUCH less time to cool the radiator down than a good stocker, so was def worth the (50 dollar) upgrade IMHO.  :great:

Awesome great tech for our aging bikes, as parts become more and more scarce we will need more ideas like this. Any time a none factory repair equals an improvement it's a big win.
While doing my fan replacement I kept looking at the inner fairing parts to figure out how to keep more of the heat going out the side and not up around the triple trees. As I was trying to figure out how to better direct the waste heat I got the idea of an adjustable vent that would allow one to either send the heat out the side for hot weather or up at the rider for cold weather.

grant,
i read that post of yours, its really good, thanks for that.. I did take some pics of my fan install but was doing that repair and the turbo bike with my buddy so we had 2 projects going on at same time in the shop. making an ignition for that xs now, so hopefully i'll do a follow up with pics on the fan install in the other thread soon i hope.  i test rode the c10 in today, and ran great and cool. the valve adjustment might have helped a bit with that as well (since EVERY  valve was tight pre adjustment. lol)

Grant said:
m in sc said:

Awesome great tech for our aging bikes, as parts become more and more scarce we will need more ideas like this. Any time a none factory repair equals an improvement it's a big win.
While doing my fan replacement I kept looking at the inner fairing parts to figure out how to keep more of the heat going out the side and not up around the triple trees. As I was trying to figure out how to better direct the waste heat I got the idea of an adjustable vent that would allow one to either send the heat out the side for hot weather or up at the rider for cold weather.

Noticed that the bike was a little sluggish to start while hot, needing just a bit a choke to get it going. Seemed a little odd so I checked a few things but nothing seemed out of sorts. Heard a little bird remind me that electrical resistance goes up with temp so decided to quick check the coils, wire, and caps. Bingo! 3 caps read right around 5k and the 4th was baked.
Thank goodness there are some good cycle shops with real parts departments in the area. Picked up (4) NGK SD05FP caps, 4' of 7mm wire, and (4) NGK D8EA plugs. Pulled the old grommets off the old caps which fit perfectly around the boot of the new cap. Murph has it all on his website in one kit if you have a little more time or if you don't have your own local place.
Boom
Instant difference. Very fast start, off choke quick, and fast throttle. I bet this cap has been faulty since I owned the bike because it is super smooth and silky now.

Installed Tokico calipers and man what a difference in stopping power! Highly recommend this mod. :)

Attachments

• Tokico1].jpg
    Tokico1].jpg
    288 KB · Views: 263
What did I do to my C-10 today? I put it up for sale on the C-10 Emporium page (sniff-sniff). So if you know someone looking for an awesome bike please pass the word.

Put everything back together after installing the same marker/ turn signals as m in D.C.  Also added a set on the trunk, and a red set for brake/ tail lights.

Finished fork spring/emulator/oil change upgrade!!
Broke speedometer cable, replaced with one I forgot I had when I bought the massive parts lot from a fellow Cogger.

MichiGlenn said:
Put everything back together after installing the same marker/ turn signals as m in D.C.  Also added a set on the trunk, and a red set for brake/ tail lights.

Ahhh....but did you use them to replace the reflectors on the side bags and wire them to wig-wag with the turn signals?

pics below

Attachments

• Bag lights email small 5.JPG
    Bag lights email small 5.JPG
    185.5 KB · Views: 221
  • Bag wires email smaller- Copy.jpg
    Bag wires email smaller- Copy.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 224
  • Bag wires email small 4.JPG
    Bag wires email small 4.JPG
    349.6 KB · Views: 205
  • Bag wires email small 2.JPG
    Bag wires email small 2.JPG
    182 KB · Views: 201
Like that look,i ordered 1 set of each red and yellow,the saddlebag look is good.Oh yeah I walked right by 3 of them(my Concours's),cried and went to bed.  Jerry

New Pirelli Sport Demon in the 110/80-18 flavor along with new front brake pads. Previous Sport Demon had 10k before hitting the wear bars.

Nosmo said:
MichiGlenn said:

Ahhh....but did you use them to replace the reflectors on the side bags and wire them to wig-wag with the turn signals?

pics below

Those look incredible, but I didn't want to add another to removing the bags. Trunk never comes off. (Though I did put a plug on the line to the trunk lights. I also doubt that I'd have done such a nice looking job on the wiring.
BTW, how do you get them to wig-wag?

connie_rider said:
Rev Ryder said:
Swapped out the damaged turbocharger for a spare.

Does it run correctly now?
Did you get it programed?

Ride safe, Ted

I gave up tuning for ITBs and Alpha-N since neither work well enough for boost, and I switched back to Speed Density and %Baro.  But I need to add another MAP sensor to get it perfect.  But yeah, it's tuned up to 7 psi again now.  Time to start twisting it up a bit and see what she can do.  But not today.  My chainsaw parts came in so I'm back in the lumberjack business.  I have to clear this big tree to make room for more garage space and a carport on the front of the shop.  Tree is felled, just needs disassembling and rearranging in a new location.  Some can be converted to oxides pretty soon unless we get a burn ban going again.

Today was a continuation of upgrading the brakes. A big thank you goes out to Jim Snyder who does the conversion of the 2 pot front caliper. During the course of installation I discovered it is a good idea to hold the caliper with the bleeder at the highest point during bleeding to remove stubborn air from the system. Jim does a great job with a total lack of any Bee Ess, he is a true COGger and I can't thank him enough! Thanks Jim!!

Attachments

• C10 2pot rear].jpg
    C10 2pot rear].jpg
    179 KB · Views: 198
Not today but this week Put the front tire from the parts bin on the mule and rode to Barbers yesterday and today

Replaced batteries in my TPMS and got it working again, got proper tire air pressure.  Installed the fork brace from The Wizard!

Took all the accumulating crap off the Connie, and blew the cob webs off.
It's been a long hot summer.

Found out the Tokico front brakes didn't fare well over the summer, OR when I
put the new brake lines on, some air got in.  We'll see.  :eek:

SO, tomorrow is fork oil change
Oil and filter change
Fluid change and Bleed brakes... check pads.
Change OEM Clutch line to SS, bleed system.
Coolant swap.
SWEAT A LOT!

Riding season is quickly approaching!

Greetings fellow Concoursians,  Quick question:  have any of you done a handlebar conversion (like a Spiegler or what-have-you) on your C-10's ?!? (I have a '94) Just curious what that experience was like, sort of contemplating making that switch-over.  Thank you !  Jo

JoLee said:
Greetings fellow Concoursians,  Quick question:  have any of you done a handlebar conversion (like a Spiegler or what-have-you) on your C-10's ?!? (I have a '94) Just curious what that experience was like, sort of contemplating making that switch-over.  Thank you !  Jo
Hey JoLee,
Yes. Many of us have done it and love it.  And welcome to the Concours Owners Group's forum.  :beerchug:

However, rather than starting this discussion here, why don't you start a new thread in the C-10 Tech area.  That way this thread doesn't get crazy derailed.  We're glad you're here and hope you enjoy our company.  This really is the best place on the web for answers to just such questions.  Again... welcome.

Rev

Rev Ryder said:
JoLee said:
Hey JoLee,
Yes. Many of us have done it and love it.  And welcome to the Concours Owners Group's forum.  :beerchug:

However, rather than starting this discussion here, why don't you start a new thread in the C-10 Tech area.  That way this thread doesn't get crazy derailed.  We're glad you're here and hope you enjoy our company.  This really is the best place on the web for answers to just such questions.  Again... welcome.

Rev

Excellent advice, thank you Rev !  I don't want to derail ANYthing, thank you for the re-route...    cheers, Jo

Since the cooling fan had gone out this summer and me getting the C-14 the old girl has been pretty much ignored. Today I gave her some attention and reassembled her after the cooling fan replacement. Her fairing is all back on now with hardware from Murph's Kits, a new CeeBaily shield and GTR fairing extensions.

Yesterday I finally got to test ride the bike with the new cams from Steve and a ZZR1200 shock that I just installed. It all works great and I can't wait for another break in the weather to ride it again. >:D :)

I took another "test ride" today twice as long as the last one and I am very happy with the results of all my work and Steve's cams. :great:

Winterized it- Filled tank with E0, added Sta-Bil and 2stroke oil. Drained carb bowls. Removed battery. Heading to sunny FL next week for 4 months and ride my other C10.

Tom Taylor COG#7173

Winterized a couple of weeks ago but Minnesota continues to be snow free and in the 40's. Pulled the tarp, installed a fork brace, and have been through a couple more tanks of gas. Hoping I'll get to ride in December this year!

Had a meeting 45 miles away in Palacios last night so I rode the 14.  Just wrote a T-shirt and summer mesh. Coming home after 9pm the fog was so thick I could only run 40 and I got soaked. Cold and wet then, but still a  decent ride.  :motonoises:

If only that C-14 had had some panniers where you could've stored a rain suit and a fleece..... :))

(Just goes to show you that just because you're a Reverend, doesn't mean you are a boy scout...)

ron203 said:
If only that C-14 had had some panniers where you could've stored a rain suit and a fleece..... :))

(Just goes to show you that just because you're a Reverend, doesn't mean you are a boy scout...)
True all that. And just cuz I'm a moderator doesn't mean I can tell a C-10 thread from a C-14 thread.  Jeez.  :(

Rev Ryder said:
ron203 said:

True all that. And just cuz I'm a moderator doesn't mean I can tell a C-10 thread from a C-14 thread.  Jeez.  :(

I was NOT going to say that, because I thought you might have some superior knowledge than pore ol' me, 'cause what do I know??  ;)

Bless me Father for I is stoopid :)). 

BTW, I almost took my rain suit but it was in the dryer cuz I wore it Jet ski fishing on Monday.  :-[

Rev Ryder said:
ron203 said:

:rotflmao:

Did Steve's ground wire mod. Nice difference.  :beerchug: My new to me '95 Connie still needs his magic touch on her carbs and cams!

Nice amazing how much difference something so simple can make.

HELP!!! I have the Concours 1000 Gold. My brother in law was moving it for me and well, his pants got caught on the right foot peg (that rest your brake foot) and snapped just the foot rest off. It didn't snap the mounting bracket, just the peg with the black rubber grip on it. I can't find anywhere to just buy that one piece! Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you

Just put the rear rack on Connie. Need to strap on a few goodies! Heading to the Nevada County Food & Toy Run. Weather is good. Should be a great turnout.

Mr. said:
HELP!!! I have the Concours 1000 Gold. My brother in law was moving it for me and well, his pants got caught on the right foot peg (that rest your brake foot) and snapped just the foot rest off. It didn't snap the mounting bracket, just the peg with the black rubber grip on it. I can't find anywhere to just buy that one piece! Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you
Message The Wizard and see if he has one.  I would think he would.

Fired her up since she has sat for so long. Learned C 10 s don't like to sit for extending periods of time. Took quite sometime to start running decently.

Moved her up onto the centerstand and plugged in the trickle charger.

Looking for touchup paint for my Givi 47l trunk.  :17: 
I scratched the silver trim on the pavement of Johnson City hotel parking lot from a one meter height.  I'd like to touch it up this winter as one of many projects.

Replaced all three relays today removing them from within power box. Used a 15 wire harness to remote mount three automotive replaceable relays. Could have used 12 wires as one pole of five pole relays is not actually used in C10.
The relays were attached to back of tool box tray in space between fender. Have space for three extra relays in future if needed
for add on of any circuits also.
Bought a six relay kit with pigtails for < $10 on Amazon. Could not bare the thought of being stranded and not be able to change a relay on the road. Now it is just a matter of plug a new one in and on the road again.
If I ever have a diode fail will place them outside the power box in an auxiliary fuse box too as well. Looks stock for all intents and purposes.

After removing the air injection system, checking the valves after 54K miles, and changing the pilot jets/shimming the needles, just stuck (literally) the carbs in place so I could fire the bike up long enough to see if I had any obvious leaks around the valve cover and carb bowls. I had pulled the air box for repair because I noticed that the bottom seam showed signs of separation, so getting the carbs on for this exercise was a piece of cake. The air box has been repaired.

Will pull the plug caps tomorrow to check further in the pockets, but for now, no obvious external leaks.

EDIT: I can see it when looking at the bike, but the pix make it more obvious that I need to get some silver paint and touch up the caps on the carb plugs to make them more "presentable." I could have soda blasted them, but decided against it. Dhoo!

IMG_3716-L.jpg

Kee-rection; EDIT: I can see it when looking at the bike, but the pix make it more obvious that I need to get some silver paint and touch up the caps on the carb plugs to make them more "presentable." I could have soda blasted them, but decided against it.  
  Clean up the faded old engine... Dhoo!  <evil grin>

PS: You obviously have plenty of time. Why don't you cleanup my faded old engine while your not doing anything?

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
Kee-rection; EDIT: I can see it when looking at the bike, but the pix make it more obvious that I need to get some silver paint and touch up the caps on the carb plugs to make them more "presentable." I could have soda blasted them, but decided against it.  
  Clean up the faded old engine... Dhoo!  <evil grin>

PS: You obviously have plenty of time. Why don't you cleanup my faded old engine while your not doing anything?

Ride safe, Ted

Character.

That poor bike saw a lot of mileage commuting daily in all sorts of weather, so it's apparent wear is well deserved. No way in Hades was I going to try to wash/clean it up after every rain shower I encountered going to and fro over the years.

While it's still nekked, I might just spritz it down with WD40 or Armor All to darken it up, then blast it down with the power washer. Gonna have to wait until it warms up a bit tho'. Was in the mid 30's out there today.

Well this involves both the C~10 and the C~14. I traded their parking spots. Moved the C~10 out to the hay storage shed and the C~14 into the garage. Not that the C~10 doesn't deserve to be in the garage just so much space and the C~14 is a much bigger investment.

A little routine maintenance since I have a few days off from work. Changed the oil, cleaned it up, renewed the registration with the state of confusion Florida. I also took the bags off since no one recognizes Shoodaben in touring trim. :)

Hey Swampcat, maybe it's a good thing not to be recognized as Shoodaben!  Sleeper time!  ;)

Got my Mean Streak rear wheel today! Let the mods begin...

Nah, the top box gives me away every time. Steve said that with all the mods he did to the bike, the top box (a cheap eBay one) got the most comments when he owned the bike.

You're going to like that 17" wheel. I'm running a Michelin PR4GT 170/60ZR-17 and I'm a happy camper.

Do my extended warranty. Good to have just in case. Got the STS. Will install them in next couple days I hope. Below freezing here for next week. Will be getting the CB on in next couple of weeks. Will be from JM Electronic. Ordered through Cycle Gear.

Over the last few days I finally recovered enough to start rebuilding Otto following my crash in June.
Much of the plastic is toast, fairing subframe is bent, brake lever is bent and the right muffler is crushed.
Gonna have to plastic weld the Rifle base, treat some frame/swingarm surface rust and do a lot of other maintenance.
In all, not as bad as I expected.
I already have spare fairing parts but they will need to be resprayed to match.
The bike starts and runs but needs a new front tyre (PR3).
Hopefully it will be fixed and road legal by April.

I took it out on a 60 degree January day. Rode the dragon to Deals gap chasing a Harley (he chased me on the return trip) and zipped up foothills parkway to Maryville, then home. Sent a good half tank of fuel out the exhaust and roughed up the edges of some new rubber. Then stopped my marina to check on boat and enjoyed a cold one.

Calling it a good day

While I didnt directly work on the C10, I did get the heater installed in my garage this week so I can do some service to the connie. I have parts to replace all the coolant hoses, and the thermostat, and then I think I am going to pull the carbs and send them to steve to get supped up.

dboogie2288 said:
While I didnt directly work on the C10, I did get the heater installed in my garage this week so I can do some service to the connie. I have parts to replace all the coolant hoses, and the thermostat, and then I think I am going to pull the carbs and send them to steve to get supped up.

LOL! I have a heater, but it's been so freakin' cold that it would be a waste of propane/money to fire it up. I have a pretty big open loft, no insulation, so any heat in the lower section just heads up and out into space.

Regardless, I did go out and fire the bike up just to keep gas flowing through the jets. It's still up on the lift in a state of disassembly but heading towards getting it back together as the weather, and motivation permits. The carbs are in place, but will need pulled back off so I can get the air box back in. Still have the KLR to ride (did today for some errands), so in no big rush.

garage%2007-17-11%20006-L.jpg

Congrats on the heat.
Congrats on the progress.

How cold is it there?
Houston's expecting 29* tonight.
I know to many of you, that ain't cold.
  But, to me with my Texas blood, that's too cold!

Ride safe, Ted

Its been in the upper 20s all day and expected to stay there for a few more Ive got a small turbo propane heater that just isnt quite keeping up with the ridge vent I put in when I did the garage roof last year But im plugging away at the winter list like eating an elephant one bite at a time

Hard wired battery tender and Red Fuel jump starter inputs. Installed free power mod.  Started and ran for a few minutes. 

18F here right now. Think I'll stay in the house and have another cup of coffee. The beer in the garage fridge is probably slush right now. :-(

Yesterday was a beautiful day here and I took the C14 for s hort trip, today is supposed to be just as nice. If I can sneak away from the honey do's I will take the C10 out today.

Grant said:
Yesterday was a beautiful day here and I took the C14 for s hort trip, today is supposed to be just as nice. If I can sneak away from the honey do's I will take the C10 out today.

I plan on taking the C-10 and the Sabre out today. :) The clouds didn't break up yesterday until late afternoon so I need to go riding today.

Kelly E said:
Grant said:

I plan on taking the C-10 and the Sabre out today. :) The clouds didn't break up yesterday until late afternoon so I need to go riding today.
As of present, really foggy and Misty here and the honey do list is long. I guess I was really fortunate to ride the c14 yesterday...

Pulled, drained, and boxed carbs for the trip to SISF.  Installed Murph's Knee Savers and Bar risers.  Fixed some minor fairing cracks from previous owner.

Removed fairings and carbs, getting them ready to send to SISF for the full spa treatment. Next up pull the air box for filter and inspection, then valves and cooling hoses.

Put an acc plug under the seat
Dont know why
Guess I was bored and found the plug in my pile o stuff

It has been a busy weekend on the bike. I got my carbs back from Steve and parts from Murph's. ( Both gave excellent service) So I was able to complete the valve adjustment, repair my cracked air-box, install the carbs, drain the coolant and replace the coolant log seals, replace the thermostat. and all the cooling system hoses. I would have been able to start it and leak check except, I found the right forward engine mount bolt broken. I now have more hardware on order and I want to keep the radiator out for access to the engine mount bolts to torque and shim as needed.