• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Rear tip over bars from Murphs

Murph

Hey gang

Pardon the merchants post here but this is pretty much in the consumers court .  While I have front bars in stock, we are currently out of rear bars. The best number of units to make due to  material cost is 50 units.  Not sure the markets out there...what say ye?

Murph

Murph said:
Hey gang

Pardon the merchants post here but this is pretty much in the consumers court .  While I have front bars in stock, we are currently out of rear bars. The best number of units to make due to  material cost is 50 units.  Not sure the markets out there...what say ye?

Murph

I like mine that I got from Murphs'.  Both front and rear bars saved my '01 C-10 when FedEx knocked it over in the office parking lot.

IF thinking about it THEN buy them ELSE you will regret it.

my two cents...

ManWorkingHere said:
Murph said:
Hey gang

Murph

I like mine that I got from Murphs'.  Both front and rear bars saved my '01 C-10 when FedEx knocked it over in the office parking lot.

my two cents...

ManWorkingHere said:
Murph said:
Hey gang

Murph

my two cents...
Sounds like a blast from the past.  1980 I was at IU taking a fortran class.  Keypunch machines and punch cards.  Back in the day when a computer took a whole room!  Thanks for the memories!  Not sure I'm buying tipover bars......but I should. :-[

Morning all..

So far the numbers are not working for a batch of rear bars . I have 30 sets or so of front bars in inventory. 

murph
COG 2769

Just to let you guys that don't yet have them know...

On my C10, I only had the front bars.
As a personal sacrifice to my friends at COG, I tested them a number of times, different locations, and so on  :-[.
My left bag had a small scuff on the front lower corner that you could only see if you looked very closely, otherwise, no damage whatsoever.

Go for the fronts and forget about the rears.

Jorge

I would recommend making a batch...you won't sell out in a day but you will sell them all...there are still enough Connies out there that need them...those that don't have a set haven't tipped over.......YET...

Murph said:
..L...

One way to look at it..

Murph

Perhaps he can front you the money with the understanding that he only gets paid when they sell. You get to provide the bars and he gets the small business experience.  :rotflmao:

odie said:
I would recommend making a batch...you won't sell out in a day but you will sell them all...there are still enough Connies out there that need them...those that don't have a set haven't tipped over.......YET...

Sorry Odie but most folks can't let money sit on shelves as a service to others. Either the math works or it doesn't. Murph was just testing the waters to make sure the math works and clearly it doesn't.

Alot of folks don't always leave the bags on and the bars dont look good that way . Not sure why anyone would take the bags off but to each their own .

As a rule I take the saddlebags off when I'm not going on a trip. The bike looks much more impressive with the bags off than with them on IMO....
The rear bars do make it difficult to put the plastic covers on - I ran a small bolt & nut through the rubber antler bumper to stop the bouncing and stress the free play creates on the antlers, so the plastic covers take some time to put back on with my arrangement.

I have been looking for instructions for a set of these front tip over bars a friend gave me.  Does anyone have a copy, a link or point me to the correct thread?

Rear bars were made ..

$200 a set  limited numbers  Those buying a complete set will get preference ..

Murph

Hey gang

Pardon the merchants post here but this is pretty much in the consumers court . While I have front bars in stock, we are currently out of rear bars. The best number of units to make due to material cost is 50 units. Not sure the markets out there...what say ye?

Murph
Waiting for inventory and want front and rear