• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Relocate Kawasaki Top Box Back

gjlane

I have a 2016 C-14 with the factory GIvI Top Box installed. The box has the GIvI backrest on it and I need to move the box rearward approximately 3”. It sets way too far forward toward the seat not allowing the passenger to sit strait up. I have the Whitehorse flat rack on my KLR and added the GIvI Universal mount to it and it works fine and I was going to do the same on the C-14 but Whitehorse is pit of business now and I can’t find a flat platform wide enough anywhere on th the internet. Probably should be at least 15” wide. Has anyone else here moved your mount back to gain more clearance from the back of the seat? Any ideas are certainly appreciated. My spouse loved riding the ZG 1000 for many 500mi multi day trips but with the current set-up on the C-14 100 miles it it.

I made some adapter rail extensions from rectangular aluminum bar, I think 1/2" by 3/4". Bolted those to the rails and drilled them to match the holes in a monokey Givi rack I had on my previous bike. Works well and sets the trunk back 3-4"

My wife had the same complaint. I made my own rack plate out of 5/16" aluminum. Here is a pic with a Givi 360. If you are interested I will take pictures of the rack.C14GiviRack.jpg

I'm altitude challenged at 5'-8", and I think I moved my Trunk slightly forward.
ie; I set forward/closer to the tank which gives the Boss plenty of space.
Wondering if the guys that are moving it back are tall guys? {Altitude damaged"}

Ride safe, Ted

Ted my wife doesn't ride with me but I had to make some adapters to mount the Givi rack I had. So I estimated a length for the adapters based on just sitting on the back of the seat myself. I just made a point to provide some extra room for when/if I carry passengers. I figured I'd make it roomy while I was doing it anyway.