• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Rental recommendations in Florence, Italy?

jimbob_sf

Does anyone have experience renting a bike in Florence, Italy?  I'm mostly interested in companies unless there is something I really need to know.  It'll be in late September, 2018.

I did reading on others who've rented in Germany and the general advice is to bring your own equipment.  I've got lots of experience with insurance, rental cars, and Europe.  I'll be staying close to Florence and won't be crossing any borders.  In Italy, not getting an "international licence", if they are still recommended, has worked in my favor.  I got pulled over coming out of the toll booth after covering a distance far, far too quickly.  He didn't speak English, I didn't speak Italian, I could see the paperwork math being done in his eyes.  He pointed me on my way.

Thanks!