• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Restoration Project

I am in the process of restoring a KM100-A1 for my daughter. I was curious if anyone either works at a kawi dealer or has a friend that does, that wouldn't mind doing a dealer stock search for some discontinued parts. If so please send me a private message.

thanks,

Scott

Ebay will be your best bet Scott, I luv restoring older bikes, I've done a couple old Gixxers and those NOS parts are like gold now...

Have fun bro!  :)

e-bay is evil. If buying check to see if the part is available before bidding. I have not used these people (simular) but it is a place to start. It seems the OEM places all carry about the same OEM parts for the old bikes. Finding one with the best price & shipping is the key. It looks like they have a couple of parts for your project listed. Be careful, it's easy to be in the I coulda bought a better bike if only if I had known what I was going to spend group.

http://www.kawasakipartsnation.com

I have bought tons of stuff from E-Bay, pike parts, car parts, even a DSLR... no complaints whatsoever. I don't know why people say E-Bay is evil. Did you get burned?

Not really burned, But I bought a bunch of great stuff I didn't really need. I've got floats and slides, and other parts maybe someday I might need.  Plus I discovered there are many parts, for my project any ways, available through normal means and cheaper to boot. Granted there are parts listed on e-bay which simply are not made any more. I got a nice set of carbs for my project which I'm using now. It just seems some and not all are looking for a sucker every day. Some parts are really nice while other parts are junk but the seller still wants a arm and leg for it. I have bought valve cover gaskets which are going to leak no mater what. I have a good working relationship with a couple of vendors which has continued away from e-bay.

lol, so your use of the term evil-bay is tongue-in-cheek, it makes it too easy to buy stuff you don't need.

Anyway, sorry for the off topic comments, back to the restoration...

075_KM100A1.jpg

That looks familiar, I had one years ago. Previous owner had taken the top end apart, and I bought it, as is, cheap. Fixed it and sold it quick for good money, as the bike was only a few years old then, but it was a fun bike while I had it. Good luck with your resto, post some pics!

Scott Bechler said:
I am in the process of restoring a KM100-A1 for my daughter. I was curious if anyone either works at a kawi dealer or has a friend that does, that wouldn't mind doing a dealer stock search for some discontinued parts. If so please send me a private message.

thanks,

Scott

You will find a lot of salvage yards do a lot of selling on ebay. You won't find parts listed by them for a KM100 but if you call them I am sure they have them. Look for dealers selling 1000+ parts. The KM100 was pretty common and finding parts should be easy.

This guy is selling over 2000 items here is the exhaust for your bike http://www.ebay.com/itm/KM100-KM-100-EXHAUST-PIPE-HEADER-EXPANSION-MUFFLER-1976-/280713112024?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item415bce29d8&vxp=mtr#ht_500wt_969

He also gives his phone # in the description and I bet he has more than one KM100 around.

Here is an ebay search sorted by price.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=km100&_vxp=mtr&_sacat=6028&_sop=3