• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Retired from NYC now living in South West Florida.

Hey, Hey all. My Name is Billy, a retiree living here in Port Charlotte Florida. I'm relatively new to motorcycle riding. 2 years ago, I visited my local Harley Davidson dealership during one of their weekend gatherings., rockfest. There was a rock band, sexy chicks, beers, and hundreds of bikers. It was a wild scene. As I entered the dealership, I signed up for the MFS course, and after only 2 days, I passed and was riding a 2019 Harley Irion 883. Still, after riding a Harley I found something missing and was drawn to Sports Bikers. So, I bought my 07-Yamaha R6 as a "Sport trainer bike" and eventually sold that bike because even at 5'7" with a 30" inseam, I found that bike too small. I'm now riding my 2014 Concours14 in Cardinal Red. I absolutely LOVE my Concours. Harley Davidson and other manufacturers, build bikes for every riding situation, i.e. cafe racers, bar hoppers, Cruisers, and the list goes on, and on as you upgrade your bike, so does the price costing you thousands of dollars. With the Kawasaki Concours14, Sport Touring bike you can do everything that every upgraded bike can do. It's an all-in-one bike and you get the best of both the Harley and Sport Biker worlds. I bought my 14-Concours in Cardinal Red, with only 8000 miles in showroom condition for 0nly $8900 with no expensive Harley note for 3 to 5 years payments with intrest. It's a gorgeous bike, and I get so many compliments on my local roads here in Florida. Anyway, best wishes to all, and please ride safe.

Welcome Billy! We're here to help with any questions or problems you might run into. We especially enjoy helping you spend money on mods and accessories! Ride your bike for a while and if it's not been flashed, send your ecu to Steve. You will be even happier. He's in Florida as well. Thanks for joining us as a paying member!

Hey, Hey all. My Name is Billy, a retiree living here in Port Charlotte Florida. I'm relatively new to motorcycle riding. 2 years ago, I visited my local Harley Davidson dealership during one of their weekend gatherings., rockfest. There was a rock band, sexy chicks, beers, and hundreds of bikers. It was a wild scene. As I entered the dealership, I signed up for the MFS course, and after only 2 days, I passed and was riding a 2019 Harley Irion 883. Still, after riding a Harley I found something missing and was drawn to Sports Bikers. So, I bought my 07-Yamaha R6 as a "Sport trainer bike" and eventually sold that bike because even at 5'7" with a 30" inseam, I found that bike too small. I'm now riding my 2014 Concours14 in Cardinal Red. I absolutely LOVE my Concours. Harley Davidson and other manufacturers, build bikes for every riding situation, i.e. cafe racers, bar hoppers, Cruisers, and the list goes on, and on as you upgrade your bike, so does the price costing you thousands of dollars. With the Kawasaki Concours14, Sport Touring bike you can do everything that every upgraded bike can do. It's an all-in-one bike and you get the best of both the Harley and Sport Biker worlds. I bought my 14-Concours in Cardinal Red, with only 8000 miles in showroom condition for 0nly $8900 with no expensive Harley note for 3 to 5 years payments with intrest. It's a gorgeous bike, and I get so many compliments on my local roads here in Florida. Anyway, best wishes to all, and please ride safe.

Welcome to the group Billy!

Oh no - not another Red machine, you’re going to make @connie_rider ’s day…

Neat to see your evolution and as you grow into your C-14 I suspect you’ll like it more and more!

BTW - Retired and so many roads to ride, jealous!

Wayne, Carol & Blue

Hello Billy.
You spelled it wrong, It's,,,
I'm now riding my 2014 Concours14 in Cardinal Red.
ie; This makes the people with the slower colored bikes "drool" and spread lies about theirs being fast.
(The ones with the blue bikes are the worse).

Not sure what's going on in your area right now. I do know that Run with the Wolf is soon. 8 -11 September
Great Event!

In the spring, Doug will be putting on his Sport Touring School in Jennings Florida.
I highly suggest you plan on being there.

Ride safe, Ted

PS: As you might guess, I also ride a 2014 Candy Cardinal Red Concours14.

Last edited:
Ted, have you noticed that stealth fighter jets and my 2013 ain't red?🤣
Yea, ah did.

Are you aware that the Stealth Fighters are intentionally hard to see/find.
{{Prolly because their slower than the real fighter's?}}
ie; F-16/F-18/F-35 etc
Being I nice guy, I didn't take the bait and say anything smarty eleck about your (slower) 2013 not being RED.
(err OOps) 🥴

Ride safe,
Ted

Ted is the bike fast or the trailer you haul it in is?

:cautious:😁

The Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II is an American family of single-seat, single-engine, all-weather stealth multirole combat aircraft that is intended to perform both air superiority and strike missions.

Stealth....

😉

Murph

Last edited:
Reactions: Bud