• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Reviving the Bullfrog - REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!!!

pslshawn

Patti and I have talked on several occasions about reviving the Bullfrog Rally, but it took the atmosphere of the Sat. night campfire at RWTW for us to seal the deal.

I have been a COG member for several years now, and seeing all the work put in (rally after rally), I figured it’s time to get off my arse and do something.

Ron and I talked about the (new) venue and some of the specifics and we got the ‘proper blessings’.

Although some details need to be worked out, we would like to move forward with putting it on the calendar for some time in late Jan. or Feb. ’19, but there are 2 events that we need to coordinate with…Douglas’ track weekend and Marty’s St. Augustine ‘Warm-up’.  Those 2 events take precedence over the Bullfrog, so I was hoping thru the active participation in the thread that we could get consensus on scheduling all 3.

We would also like to get a sense for level of interest in attending.

MARTY, as the So. Fla. AAD, Patti and I would really appreciate your input and working with you on some of the finer details.  We will do all the leg/grunt work.

Some of the specifics…

Venue:  Skydive Sebastian, Fl

Camping:  primarily tent camping, but there are some paved spots in the middle of the camping area for RVs, but no hook-ups, fire pit, not sure if there is any elec. in the camping area (will find out), but plenty of outlets up on the deck and in bar.  There are also some more rustic camp spots across airport road which is a 20 sec walk.

Facilities:  clean bathrooms and showers, restaurant/bar open all day, tiki bar open after hours, Amanda (our Hostess) said she would prefer to not have us set up any big cooking operation in the camping area because of the restaurant, but Roman-esque type cooking would be fine, as long as we don’t advertise it.

Meals:  We will be working on providing the typical fri. and sat. dinners, but all other meals will be on your own.

Access:  paved all the way into the camping area (one of the challenges of ‘the ranch’ was getting into/out of the property from the dirt/sand road, with the bike all loaded up).

Proximity:  right off of Rt. 1 and close to restaurants, bars, banks, etc.

Cost:  TBD

DISCLAIMER:  THIS RALLY IS IN NO WAY ASSOCIATED WITH ANY OF THE JUMP OPERATIONS AT THE AIRPORT (EG. TANDEM JUMPS, GROUP DISCOUNTS, ETC.).  AMANDA KNOWS DAVE FUCHS AND I, AND HAS AGREED TO HOST IT BASED SOLEY ON THAT, NOT ANY PROMISE OF POTENTIAL BUSINESS.

BULLFROG REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN.
Skydive Sebastian, Sebastian FL
$30-Member, $35-Non-Member (No daily/nightly camping fees)
Jan. 4 - 6  '19

Good on ya, Shawn, Patti, and Marty.

Sounds like a cool venue.

There are a couple of other events to also work around, one being the BMW Florida's Coolest Rally, and Bike(Trailer)week. 

Time's getting short but perhaps 1st or 2nd weekend in December? Weather is usually pretty close to perfect at that time and I don't recall anything else being scheduled then.

And thanks!  :great: :beerchug:

Wendy and I are in for sure! You pick the weekend and we are there man  :beerchug: Can I recommend not black friday weekend due to family engagements and not too close to Christmas due to the same. We are in for sure  :great:

Will there be jumps the weekend of our event: I wanna be like Felix:
Baumgardner: https://youtu.be/vvbN-cWe0A0

Also the BMW coolest rally mid January and the SE spring rally April 25 - 28. Throw in Daytona bike week from March 8-17. Having it the first weekend of bike week may not be a bad idea, gives everyone something to do on Friday & Saturday. Daytona is only an hour & half away.

Depending on my situation and where it falls, I'm interested. I think the venue is perfect, it will be just picking the right date.

Thanks for stepping up and putting out the effort.

Agree with all so far. Especially thanks go to Shawn, Doug, and Patti. Now all the rest of you'uns (did I say that right???) need to weigh in.

Thanks,
Ron

Really enjoyed the first 2 RWTB events, was hoping it would return. Unfortunately for me, I won't be coming to FL till the end of Dec. Sure would like to see it scheduled sometime from Jan. to Apr.

Tom Taylor COG#7173

Hop to it then. Looks like a winner from here. Will put it on the calendar when you set the dates.

Thanks all for the feedback...much appreciated.  :beerchug:

Although I agree with SteveJ on the Dec. weather down here, I'm not so sure about much interest in Dec. due to the holiday bustle starting after Thanksgiving.  Having said that, if there is too much going on after the new year, we could probably make it happen Dec. 6 - 9 based on the fact that dealing with Amanda will be easy, we just need to work out insurance, dinners, etc. 

Since I have never organized a COG rally and don't want to step on anyone's toes in doing this one, I would like to propose the following...

The only dates so far that Amanda can't host it are between Christmas and New Year and the month of mar (Kurt, unfortunately the Bike week connection won't work out...I like the idea).  That leaves sometime in early dec or sometime in jan or feb.

Please throw out some specific dates so we can pick one (and I can blame someone else if it steps on another event  ;D)

I'll throw out several weekends based on feedback...

Dec. 7-9. Jan 4-6, Feb 1-3. 

Thanks!

We have a large region and if we want to have good stuff going on, sooner or later, good (bad?) choices may have to be made. I have seen events a week or two apart work because folks sometimes can stitch two event weekends together with vacation in between. Of course, our retired friends may have MORE trouble since they always seem to be on "holiday" somewhere... Throw some ideas out there folks.
Ron

For me personally I would prefer the Jan option. One week after the Last Blast and a couple of weeks before the Coolest Rally. All good.

Again, my case, we have a daughter coming to visit on the Feb weekend so I'm out for that. After that, heading to AZ for a month or so...gotta check out Quartzite.

Sorry for the delay, but it looks like we will shoot for the Jan weekend (4 - 6).  I had to check with Patti on her availability and make sure that weekend still worked with the drop zone.  They have their biggest event between Christmas and New Year.  It's ends New Year's Day (tues) and then we will be moving in thurs/fri...there may be some stragglers from the event, but nothing we can't work around.

Ron, please PM me when you get a chance and let me know what the top priority (most time-consuming) tasks are that we can get started on asap.

Has McFly been on the forum lately...hoping to get his blessing and ideas?     

Shawn said:
Has McFly been on the forum lately...hoping to get his blessing and ideas?   

McFly has been busy with work, but lurks the Forum when he can.  I look for
Personal Messages just about every day (but never get any :().

You go Shawn!  Any thing you need from me just let me know!

Sorry guys/gals, work has been doggin’ me lately.

Happy to hear there is some interest in attending…thanks for the replies.

Most of the details mentioned are still firm, including the dates of Jan 4 – 6, venue, etc., except that we will only do 1 dinner (keep the cost down).  It will probably be sat. night.  We have a bunch of options the other 2 nights which we’ll get back to ya on.

As mentioned, this is the weekend after Sebastian’s biggest event of the year, so we don’t know what kind of attendance there will be at that and how many will hang out through the weekend.  The event ends on tues., 1st.  I will be meeting with Amanda tom. To talk about the last of the details and try to get an idea of what we need to limit attendance to.  Also need to get a better idea of exactly where we can put trailers.

Just to be clear…this is a SOCIAL and not a Rally.

As everyone who’s attended knows, the Bullfrog has always been advertised as a social event because…let’s be honest, fla riding stinks except when it’s 20 degrees up north.  There will not be any organized rides.  This is a chance to hang out for the weekend in a park-like setting with some folks that are a lot like COG folk…quirky, adrenaline junkies, safety conscience, respectful of other people’s gear, but most of all…FUN.

I’m gonna work with RON to get it on the calendar asap.  We’ll keep the cost to $30 or under.  More details to follow.

:beerchug: :beerchug:

Thanks Shawn. Work's been dogging me, too. I'll try to get  it on the calendar in the next day or two, but tomorrow is one of those 14 hour days and then I'm out of  town for a couple of days. Soon! Soon... ;)

Considering this. Since I'm running the SmartWeigh program to weigh RVs in Bushnell, I just need to tell the scheduler those dates are unavailable for appointments.

Have 3 this morning and the appointments keep coming.

Hi all,

Ron, thanks for posting…much appreciated.

I had some good conversations past couple days with the DZ staff.  They are sincerely excited to have COG there…high energy folks that will do everything they can to make us feel welcome.

Again, I had some concerns about that weekend backing up to Invasion, but they assured me we can make it work.  It will probably work out to be an interesting mix of folks.

In case there is any concern…responsible jumpers, like responsible riders, value their gear and respect other’s gear.  Period.  I have left stuff all over the place and it’s either right where I left it or in the lost and found.  And yes, they were beer nights.

Some updates…

Camping

There are several hook-ups in the middle of the main camping area, but apparently they are spoken for for months on end.

That leaves us with 2 options, tent camping or off-grid RV/vehicle camping.  I walked all the back through the rustic camp sites and they are RUSTIC.  But the roads thru there are either paved or hard-packed so it would work well if someone wanted to trailer and sleep in whatever they’re trailering with.  As mentioned, the walk from the main camping area is 30 – 60 secs depending on how far back you go.

There will also be enough room for trailers for tent campers.

Getting there early (prior to Friday morning) for those who want/need to is not a big deal.  It is essentially an open camping area, but let me know so I can make accommodations with Amanda.

I confirmed we can do the all-important nightly blaze.  I will work on getting the firewood donated and somehow delivered.

If not mentioned, Amanda is charging us $10/head for the weekend for water, elec., etc.  It’s not Iron Horse, but it’s not $20/night either.

Meals

The posting says we will do 2 dinners, but we’ll keep it to 1 to keep the cost down and give us some other options.  Dinner will be sat night.  There are plenty of places in the area to choose from or we can make a run to publix and grill something fri. night.

Andrew (Zoo bar manager) will make dinner sat.  Great guy and knows the food and bev industry.  We talked about half frog legs and half chicken.  He’s pricing some things and will get back to us.  I told him we didn’t want to go above $15/head.  The food will be good and plentiful…he’ll do some tasty sides.
Andrew will also do a beer special (COG only).  Those tabs are separate from the sat. dinner.

I am going to work on getting some local raffle prizes.  Does anyone drink Fireball? ;D

Don’t hesitate to post or PM with any questions.…I’m sure I’m missing some s__t.

Thanks again for the interest so far.

More details to follow…

just to clarify, the $10/head to the DZ is included in the registration fee.  the only transactions with the DZ will be if you decide to patronize the zoo bar.

Awesome. Looking like a really cool event, and cheap frugal to boot.

The mixing in with the jumpers sounds cool. Maybe I'll give that a go at some point.

Shawn, good work! You get at least one Attaboy. I'm in for a free cold one for ya.  :beerchug:

Thanks.

Calendar updated to reflect Saturday dinner. Now, y'all start "Jumping in!"  :beerchug:

worncog said:
Maybe I can convince that fella from Arkansas to ride over again...

Doubtful, enjoyed the year I did attend though. It was good time had by all. Just have no desire to see south Florida.

Good on ya for doing this Shawn!  :great:

Just Cliff said:
worncog said:
Maybe I can convince that fella from Arkansas to ride over again...

Doubtful, enjoyed the year I did attend though. It was good time had by all. Just have no desire to see south Florida.

Good on ya for doing this Shawn!  :great:

Don't blame ya Cliff...long way to go for a 'social' and no riding to speak of.  Exactly why I want to get to HMR #6 this year. ;D   

"The posting says we will do 2 dinners, but we’ll keep it to 1 to keep the cost down and give us some other options.  Dinner will be sat night.  There are plenty of places in the area to choose from or we can make a run to publix and grill something fri. night."

...realized the calendar post only mentions sat. dinner, my bad, sorry Ron.

Not your fault. Your assistant posted it that way originally, but when your correction was noticed, he changed it, suddenly and without notice. LOL.... ;D

Douglas said:
Wendy and I are in for sure! You pick the weekend and we are there man  :beerchug: Can I recommend not black friday weekend due to family engagements and not too close to Christmas due to the same. We are in for sure  :great:

Will there be jumps the weekend of our event: I wanna be like Felix:
Baumgardner: https://youtu.be/vvbN-cWe0A0

They will certainly be jumping that weekend, but not from the stratosphere. :-\  Not sure if I mentioned this, but if anyone hasn't been to a DZ yet, it is a hoot to watch them under canopy...particularly the high performance landings.  And it tends to be more fun with the more beer I drink...not sure what that's about. :D

Gypsy JR said:
Considering this. Since I'm running the SmartWeigh program to weigh RVs in Bushnell, I just need to tell the scheduler those dates are unavailable for appointments.

Have 3 this morning and the appointments keep coming.

Hope you can make it JR, haven't seen ya in a while.

SandShark said:
Jan. Works for me.
Mon. (7th) starts the new Semester for Seminole County.

Hope you can make it Bill...it certainly won't be a long Sunday ride home before school the next day. :great:

Holiday Greetings to all,

The Bullfrog is 5 wks from friday...please start thinking about registering if you know you're free that weekend and want to attend...I haven't registered yet, but will today.  We need to give Andrew an (approx) count for Sat. dinner by the 3rd wk. in Dec., since Christmas and New Years falls in there.

Andrew did put in a 'beer garden' with some shade, so the slab of concrete with picnic tablets is now a nice place to sit, have a beer, and watch the jumpers.

I'm working on door prizes, but we gotta get some folks registered to raise my enthusiasm level. ;D 

Still working on firewood.

I have to wait about 2 more weeks to see if I can even request the time off.
Nature of the beast at worksux. 

I might recommend you edit your first post (right on the top line) put in big bold underlined letters the
fact that registration is open, and cost for attending, and the dates.  Maybe even a link to the calendar
page or registration page, if that's possible.  Only sayin' because I didn't know the event
was on  the calendar.    :great:

Good point Marty. (Shawn if you need help with the edit - locked or something, I can help you with it.)
Thanks guys!
Ron

Made the first 2 RWTB events and hope to make this one. I'm still in upstate NY and can't commit until I get to FL in a couple of weeks.

Tom Taylor COG#7173    (AKA winner of the coveted OLD FART AWARD last time}

Just registered.

The Versys has a fresh rear tire on for carving up those super gnarly coastal roads.  :beerchug:

Mcfly said:
I have to wait about 2 more weeks to see if I can even request the time off.
Nature of the beast at worksux. 

I might recommend you edit your first post (right on the top line) put in big bold underlined letters the
fact that registration is open, and cost for attending, and the dates.  Maybe even a link to the calendar
page or registration page, if that's possible.  Only sayin' because I didn't know the event
was on  the calendar.    :great:

Thanks for the heads-up on the reg. link Marty.  PM sent to Ron.

Hope you can make it down, won't be as much fun without you, of course.

mr t said:
Made the first 2 RWTB events and hope to make this one. I'm still in upstate NY and can't commit until I get to FL in a couple of weeks.

Tom Taylor COG#7173    (AKA winner of the coveted OLD FART AWARD last time}

No worries Tom...hope you can make it.

SteveJ. said:
Just registered.

The Versys has a fresh rear tire on for carving up those super gnarly coastal roads.  :beerchug:

Glad you can make it Steve.  I just registered also.

Shawn said:
Patti and I have talked on several occasions about reviving the Bullfrog Rally, but it took the atmosphere of the Sat. night campfire at RWTW for us to seal the deal.

I have been a COG member for several years now, and seeing all the work put in (rally after rally), I figured it’s time to get off my arse and do something.

Ron and I talked about the (new) venue and some of the specifics and we got the ‘proper blessings’.

Although some details need to be worked out, we would like to move forward with putting it on the calendar for some time in late Jan. or Feb. ’19, but there are 2 events that we need to coordinate with…Douglas’ track weekend and Marty’s St. Augustine ‘Warm-up’.  Those 2 events take precedence over the Bullfrog, so I was hoping thru the active participation in the thread that we could get consensus on scheduling all 3.

MARTY, as the So. Fla. AAD, Patti and I would really appreciate your input and working with you on some of the finer details.  We will do all the leg/grunt work.

Some of the specifics…

Camping:  primarily tent camping, but there are some paved spots in the middle of the camping area for RVs, but no hook-ups, fire pit, not sure if there is any elec. in the camping area (will find out), but plenty of outlets up on the deck and in bar.  There are also some more rustic camp spots across airport road which is a 20 sec walk.

Facilities:  clean bathrooms and showers, restaurant/bar open all day, tiki bar open after hours, Amanda (our Hostess) said she would prefer to not have us set up any big cooking operation in the camping area because of the restaurant, but Roman-esque type cooking would be fine, as long as we don’t advertise it.

Meals:  We will be working on providing the typical fri. and sat. dinners, but all other meals will be on your own.

Access:  paved all the way into the camping area (one of the challenges of ‘the ranch’ was getting into/out of the property from the dirt/sand road, with the bike all loaded up).

DISCLAIMER:  THIS RALLY IS IN NO WAY ASSOCIATED WITH ANY OF THE JUMP OPERATIONS AT THE AIRPORT (EG. TANDEM JUMPS, GROUP DISCOUNTS, ETC.).  AMANDA KNOWS DAVE FUCHS AND I, AND HAS AGREED TO HOST IT BASED SOLEY ON THAT, NOT ANY PROMISE OF POTENTIAL BUSINESS.

Jan. 4 - 6  '19

Well...Thank you guys for reviving a great social event. :great: :great: :great:
What a fantastic idea to start a New Year.  :1rij:
Most likely I will be there on Thursday.  :103: :campfire:
Looking forward to see you ALL. :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug:

Sailor_chic said:
I'm a definite maybe, in my car though  :eek:

Thanks for chiming in Nicole, it's good to hear from ya.  It's a quick 50 min ride from the pizzle...hope you can make it for part or all.

TicTac said:
Shawn said:

Some of the specifics…

Jan. 4 - 6  '19

Well...Thank you guys for reviving a great social event. :great: :great: :great:
What a fantastic idea to start a New Year.  :1rij:
Most likely I will be there on Thursday.  :103: :campfire:
Looking forward to see you ALL. :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug:

Great Roman, I figured if you were free, you'd be there!  If you're comin up thurs., I'll spend thurs. day/night up there as well...just make sure my tent is at least 50 paces from yours. :pokestick:

I'm a big maybe, I'll find out by the time I get back from PR in 2 weeks.... If anything, maybe I'll drive out there fro a day. Have to wait and see.

Rico said:
I'm a big maybe, I'll find out by the time I get back from PR in 2 weeks.... If anything, maybe I'll drive out there fro a day. Have to wait and see.

No worries Rico, I totally get that it's the holiday season, crazy work schedules, etc.

99.9999% sure I'll do this, lemme bounce the dates off the boss and make sure no family conflicts, although I doubt it early January.

Tom in Bradenton

I should be in for Friday night/Saturday, but the boss has conscripted me to help her out at the church as interim music director until they find a new one, so I'll have to head back Saturday afternoon.  :??:

Looking at schedule, hope I can make it, would  be fun to celebrate my birthday with y'all if you let me on the 4th. Just being around you fine guys and gals is celebration enough though...

Swampcat said:
I should be in for Friday night/Saturday, but the boss has conscripted me to help her out at the church as interim music director until they find a new one, so I'll have to head back Saturday afternoon.  :??:

Understand Ed, you have to make the boss happy or ya git fired. :-[  Hope you can make it down for the 1st half!

Mcfly said:
Registered.  :beerchug:

Apple Pie a la mode moonshine for this Hoo Hah??  :??:

Good deal Marty, that's a definite on the Apple Pie...come on down thurs. night. 

Chris Mazuros said:
:beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug:Registered :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug:

Glad you can make it Chris...I figured you'd be back if we got goin' again. 

jetmech said:
Looking at schedule, hope I can make it, would  be fun to celebrate my birthday with y'all if you let me on the 4th. Just being around you fine guys and gals is celebration enough though...

We need a reason to celebrate after the (typical) letdown of Holidays ending...git registered Rick!  Hope to see ya.

Seasons Greeting! :beerchug:

The Bullfrog starts 3 wks. from Fri., so if you plan on attending, please try to get registered this week.

We would like to get Andrew a final count by Dec-21, so he can plan for Sat. night dinner.

For you old members, new members and forum subscribers in Fl...if you can't make the whole weekend, take a ride over for the day, any day...we'll be there.

For the 10 registered already, better turnout than I expected...thanks for participating! :great:

Shawn said:
Seasons Greeting! :beerchug:

The Bullfrog starts 3 wks. from Fri., so if you plan on attending, please try to get registered this week.

We would like to get Andrew a final count by Dec-21, so he can plan for Sat. night dinner.

For you old members, new members and forum subscribers in Fl...if you can't make the whole weekend, take a ride over for the day, any day...we'll be there.

For the 10 registered already, better turnout than I expected...thanks for participating! :great:

Bullfrog starts 2 WKS from TODAY.

We still have 10 registered, it would be nice to see a couple more COGgers come out.  Please register asap if you plan on attending.

I met with Andrew this week...he's doing a great job on the beer garden and indicated that it's for our sole use for sat. dinner.  He added a gas fire pit and 2 'high hat' gas heaters.  Long long range forecast is sunny, but 75/52, so they may come in handy.

We haven't made a final decision on dinner menu yet, but Andrew said no worries.  The Zoo bar's specialty is Sliders...Mahi (with slaw), buffalo chicken, burger, etc. etc.  If we wind up with 10 as a final count, we might just do the sliders...but they will be fresh, tasty and plentiful (with some sides).

Have a great Holiday Season all!         

Wish I could make this. Just saw it on here. Maybe next year when I'n not doing the track day a couple weeks later?
Matt

Marry X-mas Y'all

mattchewn said:
Wish I could make this. Just saw it on here. Maybe next year when I'n not doing the track day a couple weeks later?
Matt

Marry X-mas Y'all

Good to hear from you Matt, we'll be doin' it again next year.  See you at Track Weekend. :great:

Mcfly said:
I’m out.  Worksux strikes again! 

Have a great time everyone!

Sorry about your WORKSUX. :mad:  :mad: :mad:
We are going to miss you and your bacon.  :'( :'( :'(
I guess I will have to eat for you now. :103: :103: :103:

Weather looks iffy for riding on Friday, will possibly shift to Thursday arrival and keep Roman company.

I'm also gonna work on Snake attending.

SteveJ. said:
Weather looks iffy for riding on Friday, will possibly shift to Thursday arrival and keep Roman company.

Bring g the snake! I got 🔥 wood

Happy New Year everyone!

Bullfrog starts this fri.

For those not familiar with the area (and don’t do navigational devices, if any), a couple hints on finding the airport/camping lot…

From points north, it makes sense to take Rt. 95 exit 173 (Malabar rd. Rt. 514) east to 1 south to a right on Roseland rd.  It’s a leisurely ride along the water once you get on Rt.1, just watch your speed.

From points south, take Rt. 95 exit 156 (Fellsmere rd. Rt. 512) east thru approx.. 4 lights to a left on Roseland.

There are 3 ‘airport access’ rds. that run east off of Roseland that lead to the ‘real’ airport road that runs parallel to Roseland.  It’s easiest to take the northern most airport rd. and after a quick sharp right bender, look for the mobile homes on the left and the camping parking lot is right off Airport rd.  See map below.

Based on the relatively small (but nicely sized) turnout, we will do the sliders (3 ea.) for sat. night dinner.  As mentioned earlier, they have like 6 different sliders which should suit everyone’s tastes.  Andrew said he could make any on the menu.  There will be some sides and he’s including a beer with dinner.  As mentioned, there will also be a beer special for COG…I think all weekend, but I need to confirm that with him.  Personally, I will patronize Andrew and the Zoo Bar during the weekend, but I will also be bringing my own beer, just from an economical standpoint…I have done my share of patronizing the Zoo Bar in the past.  As mentioned, if you do bring beer or stuff to cook/eat, please keep it to the camping area and don’t advertise it.

@ Roman and SteveJ…I will be riding in on thurs. afternoon approx. 4 pm with enough daylight to set up camp.  Anyone that wants to ride in on Thurs., you are welcome, just please let me know.

@ Douglas (aka - johnny on the spot) has a trailer full of wood that I will be adding to so we have plenty thru sat. night.

I will have a 10x10 pop-up as ‘rally central’.  If anyone has another 10x10 (and is not riding in) and can bring it, that would be great.

Be safe gettin there. :beerchug:

Attachments

• SebMuniAirport.png
    SebMuniAirport.png
    192 KB · Views: 114
Just a reminder from "dear old COG"... :rotflmao:  Beer is on YOUR on ticket. No club provided libations. :( and sky-diving is spectating only.

Don't know if you-uns need chairs, either...

I return you now to your previously scheduled program.  ;)

ron203 said:
Just a reminder from "dear old COG"... :rotflmao:  Beer is on YOUR on ticket. No club provided libations. :( and sky-diving is spectating only.

Don't know if you-uns need chairs, either...

I return you now to your previously scheduled program.  ;)

My bad Ron, we will take the beer off the dinner docket and attendees can figure out their own adult beverages if they so choose.

Just to reiterate what I said at the very beginning...

Skydive Sebastian was chosen because it made perfect sense after the old location was not available anymore.  It is 5 mins from a ton of stores, rests., banks, etc,..yet secluded, it is more like a park with an airport attached, and its $10 TO CAMP ALL WEEKEND with nice facilities and people.

The fact that the Bullfrog is a social and they happen to skydive there is, as Ron said, for spectating only.  I would encourage anyone that has the slightest desire to try it, just not this weekend.

It is costly, you have to be under 220 lbs, you sign your life away, you are packed like sardines (and sweat) on the way up, you freeze (and get clammy) on exit, there is the slight possibility of injury (usually landing), and the tandem students wind up sitting around a lot (sometimes all day) waiting for the right conditions, plane load, etc., but then have to be ready at a moment’s notice to get on the load.  Other than all that, it’s a bunch of fun.

Point being is that if you are interested, you can learn every last detail this weekend, but it would be a good idea for all to stay earth bound.  Besides the liability, I would hate for someone to have a freak accident and dampen the weekend unnecessarily.  We bear enough risk riding.

SteveJ. said:

Just checked Sebastian weather, 10% Friday. Actually, Thursday is 20%. Remainder of weekend same 10%. High mid-70's daytime and 50's near 60 at night.

Looks good, I plan to roll in sometime Friday Lunchtime or so, not sure if I will Bike or Cage down yet.

Just signed up. Should be there midday Friday. May bring some Shine since Marty can't make it.

Tom Taylor COG#7173

mr t said:
Just signed up. Should be there midday Friday. May bring some Shine since Marty can't make it.

Tom Taylor COG#7173

Cool. Moonshine good. mmmmm

Weather has backed off here until afternoon Friday so will depart here Fri morning.

I just wish I had Harry Martin's talent. I can envision a big ol' bullfrog with a helmet , goggles, and a jacket (no, no pants....), with webbed feet sticking out to the sides on a C-14 or C-10, just "hauling down the road, past a single palm tree, with an airplane pulling away and up behind him..but I can't draw it, except in your mind.

Shawn, Thanks for making this happen. Even tho I only did a day ride on Saturday to see some more COGERS and check out the location, I enjoyed myself.  Good to see ALL of the people that I haven't seen in a while.  Tommy, Thanks for sharing your home blend. It was very interesting and went down EASY.  DREAMSICLE or CREAMSICKLE?          I hope to be there if it happens again.    Thanks      Doug, did you burn ALL the wood????    Stay Well people.... Alan in S. Fl  :)     
Post any pictures please.  WITHOUT PICTURES this DIDN'T HAPPEN      :rotflmao:

Shawn-  Thanks for all your efforts to make this event happen. Great venue. same fine Coggers and good food {not to mention the Tiki Bar specials}. Hope this becomes an annual event.

P.S. A special Thank You to Natalie for her Elder Care.

Tom Taylor COG#7173

Thanks to all for taking the time to attend,  both registered and those who rode in to say hello!

I trust everyone got home ok.

After some work ketchup, I'll post a 'rally report' later today.

2019 SE COG Event #1 is in the book! Well done!!  :great: :great: :great:

ron203 said:
2019 SE COG Event #1 is in the book! Well done!!  :great: :great: :great:

Kinda cool on the heals of The Last Blast Before... A nice 1, 2 punch.

Thanks to all.

Douglas said:
Site limit 350K. How do I compress pics on Android?
Email them to me and I'll get them up for you. Besides, if someone will write up the weekend, pics and story will go in the Concourier.

Hate that I missed it. Caught a bug...or it caught me. Either way, I was in no shape to ride. :(  Somewhat better now, just in time for the work week, of course.

Here are Doug's pictures (thanks, Doug!):

c7Prqb2.jpg

sTONPJV.jpg

tLeFN3m.jpg

5hm5s6j.jpg