• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Rhode Island Romp - Saturday June 13th 8 am

ghabel

Meet Coop at 8 am for breakfast at the  King Street Cafe (390 King St, Franklin, MA).

Kick Stands Up at 9 am.  Fueled and ready to go.

Coop will lead you through beautiful MA/RI backroads and eventually stop at Twisted Throttle in Coventry RI for motorcycle gear shopping and oogiling.

Lunch will be a traditional RI treat like Clam Cakes and Chowder in Galilee, RI.

Well, things are looking good so far for the Rhode Island Romp.  I ran the tentative route today and found that the Twisted Throttle store was closed.  I am sure it is partially because of the Covid 19 issue but I was informed that even before the pandemic the store was closed during the week and only open on the weekend.

I continued on down to the Galilee, RI area to Iggy's Clam shack and they were open.  Tried their Chowder and Clam Cakes and they were delicious!  Couldn't go inside yet.

Anyway, i will be calling both locations around the 1st part of June to check their status and will make a determination then on whether to call it or not.

Coop

Thanks for checking out the route to see what was what.  Tracey and I went by Twisted Throttle on Thursday on our bikes and noticed it closed as well.  We had ice cream just down the way at Lickitty Splits.
Looking forward to seeing you.

We may have to meet up with you guys at Twisted Throttle if they are open and go for some good seafood.
Coop, since you did a route checkout let us know what your ETA would be at Twisted Throttle.
Would be good to see you guys.
Bob

Bob,  Really hope ya'll can make it!  I am guessing we will get to Twisted Throttle somewhere around 10 to 10:30 am; it's not real far from the start point but I am trying to do mostly back roads.  As mentioned earlier, I will be contacting T.T. to see if they will be open but, if not, we might do a quick coffee break up the road at the Middle of Nowhere Diner!  :)

OK folks, the ride is still on BUT when I spoke with the Twisted Throttle folks yesterday they indicated that it would probably be 2 or 3 more weeks before they open the store.  So, it appears that we will just be stopping for a coffee/bio break at the "Middle of Nowhere" Diner before continuing on to Iggy's for Clam cakes/Chowder/whatever.  Look forward to seeing everyone on the 13th!

There are some changes - see below.

Please bring your own face masks and hand sanitizer to comply with state COVID-19 guidelines.

Meet at 8 am for breakfast at the  King Street Cafe (390 King St, Franklin, MA).

Please note - breakfast is take-out only but there is outdoor seating with 10 tables.

Kick Stands Up at 9 am.  Fueled and ready to go.

Coop will lead you through beautiful MA/RI backroads with a coffee break along the way.

Lunch will be a traditional RI treat like Clam Cakes and Chowder in Galilee, RI.

If you decide to not attend, please unregister for the event on www.cog-online.org.

Hope to see you there!

Greg & Tracey Habel -Co AADs for MA/ME/NH/VT.

I’m trying to be able to join the fun. Working on my schedule now.
The weather is looking favorable too!
Richard

Coop -thanks for leading the ride.  I think we were all surprised when 19 bikes, 21 people showed up!  Great to see a couple new members too - DJ and his wife plus another person that I didn’t catch his name.  Perfect weather, nice combo of roads, and lunch was scrumptious!  Time for me to post my 2 rides soon.

Thanks, Greg.  I agree, it was a great day and a great turn-out!  Thanks again for leading the 2nd group of riders when we broke them up into the 2 groups.

Yup, get those rides posted.....I'm looking forward to them!!

Coop

Great ride Coop! Sorry I couldn’t stay on for the last leg of the ride, but an awesome day with COG.👍👍
‘Twas great to see everyone.
Richard