• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Ride from Hudson Valley, NY - to Color in the Catskills BMW rally

Cap'n Bob

Since some of us folks tend to go to this rally anyway. I decided to have another ride up to the rally. The rally is actually Oct 5&6, 2013. But this ride will take place on Oct 5th. I tends to be a nice ride up to Hunter for this rally. The rally itself is actually a BMW rally. But they tend to have lots of stuff going on including vendors.
  I will be riding out of the Pilot travel center in Newburgh NY at 9AM on 10/5. Folks are welcome to ride along or meet us at Hunter. A return ride is possible as well. Here's a link to the Calender of events listing:

http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDisplayNew.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=192949&mo=10&tDate=%7Bd%20%272013%2D10%2D21%27%7D

Here's a link for information about the rally itself:  http://www.huntermtn.com/huntermtn/festivals/summer-festivals-bmw.aspx

For some reason the original listing came up as members only.  :-[  I have deleted the original listing and re-listed this event to show all are welcome. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Note: October can be cold at times. Please plan accordingly. Of course always check for updates before heading out for any ride or event. Weather in the fall could force changes and possibly even cancelations. But hopefully it will be a nice day.

Still a little early yet. But as of now Saturday looks to be nice with warm weather. There may not be many riding days like this left in the year. So who's up for it?

Have plans already for Saturday but wish I could go. Supposed to be in 70s according to the weatherman. Have fun

Well, Saturday looks to be nice at this point. There is a slight chance of a thunderstorm much later in the day. But most of the day looks to be nice with highs of about 75-80 during the day here. But up the mountain says high of 70 with overcast. But there is a 10% chance of precip., and 20% late in the day. So this might really be a great day.
  I plotted in two routes. One 70 mile route to Hunter and one 75 mile return route if folks are interested. So come on folks, who's up for a nice day of riding and visiting a rally at Hunter? It would suck if I had to ride alone.  :))

We had a good ride up to Hunter last year, even with less than ideal weather. Unfortunately, have family commitments this week-end so won't be able to attend. Maybe see you next week-end.

I'm actually going up just for the day but wasn't planning on leaving quite so early. LOL... I'd have to leave LI around 7:15 to be up there by 9:00 AM. I was hoping to leave here at 9:00. WTF. I'll take the ride. See where ur sticker is!! I'll be there and hungry at 9:00. This place have decent food?

It has an Arby's and other travel center stuff. But not being a diner or anything like that. But I'll tell you what. If you're the only rider (other than me). We are obviously more flexible and can get you something better if you wish. See you there. It looks to be decent weather.

Yeah we'll see when we get up there what the place looks like. If there is a better diner close I'm all for it. I'm bringing my teenage son whole will be starving by the time we get up there. LOL

Well it turned out to be a decent day. It was nice meeting Kevin and Kevin jr. for the first time. We had four riders ride up to Hunter for the Color in the Catskills BMW rally. The roads were a little damp and had quite a lot of leaves and other debris on them. As such we rode at a pretty easy pace most of the tighter back roads. And of course we did come across some weekend traffic. But the ride itself was (IMO) a nice ride up.
  The rally itself seemed to have a decent turn out. But not the biggest I have ever seen there. The down side is that there really wasn't the usual vendors like Twisted Throttle or others, like normal. Thus I didn't get to spend money on any real impulse buys. Oh well, their loss.  ;D
  But we also ran into some other COGgers. Jim and Ben, always good to see you. I don't remember who else we might have bumped into. If I left folks out, just shout out. (my memory isn't always the best). The only really good thing is that I didn't test ride that new GS. But boy I do like that bike.
  As for the day. Thanks to you guys for participating in the ride. And thanks for the other folks we met up there for coming and saying hey.  :great:

Great ride up today. As Bob said it was still a little damp but all in all a great ride. Any excuse to ride is a good one! Check out the pic. Two sexy Connies but we're still trying to figure out who's Yamaha snuck in with us  :))

Attachments

• IMG_0366a.jpg
    IMG_0366a.jpg
    306.8 KB · Views: 86
    Oh yeah guys, I forgot to mention. I said we rode an easy pace yesterday. Although I was making no effort to save fuel by any means. We must have been pretty easy on the throttle. I got 51 MPG all day yesterday (there and back). And that's with a little bit of playing as well. By far not the best I have ever gotten when trying to maximize fuel mileage on my bike. But since I wasn't trying to maximize at all, I figure that's not too bad at all.  ;D

TY Bob for going at such a relaxed pace over the wet leaves-lol.  I didn't make you wait to long.  I got home at around 5 pm.  You need to post your MandG.

Fred