• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Ride some Indians yesterday

Tinsailor

The Indian demo truck was in Hopkinsville Ky yesterday so I rode up to check em out. Have to say, the big bikes are a lot of fun, really like the way they handled and rode. Was fairly impressed actually. I didn’t ride the scouts, just the Chieftains and Roadmaster and for a big cruiser I’d have to put em on the short list of favorites. Especially liked the Dark Horse but the Riadmaster had all the nice stuff for long range, two up type riding. I believe they are going to be at Sloan’s in Murfreesboro Tn tomorrow and Wednesday, Oct 31-Nov 1 if your interested in checking them out.

Tinsailor said:
The Indian demo truck was in Hopkinsville Ky yesterday so I rode up to check em out. Have to say, the big bikes are a lot of fun, really like the way they handled and rode. Was fairly impressed actually. I didn’t ride the scouts, just the Chieftains and Roadmaster and for a big cruiser I’d have to put em on the short list of favorites. Especially liked the Dark Horse but the Riadmaster had all the nice stuff for long range, two up type riding. I believe they are going to be at Sloan’s in Murfreesboro Tn tomorrow and Wednesday, Oct 31-Nov 1 if your interested in checking them out.
I've been wanting to ride one...however read some really bad horror stories about reliability, so probably i won't be adding one to the stable.

Anyway, they were interesting. Would I trade my 14 for the difference? Let me think on it, Naaaaaaah. But I always love a good Demo event.

I did a demo ride of the Roadmaster before I bought my Concours.  The Roadmaster was really nice and comfortable, but to me it felt a little too much like a riding a couch down the highway.  My demo route didn't really hit any twisty roads.

I still love the looks of the Indians, and would like to try the Springfield and the Scout sometime.  If I was going to buy a cruiser, it would probably be one of those or a Nomad.

I would love to try out the Indian Scout.  It's just the right size for me.  There's an Indian dealer near where I live, I may have to go there and try it and see.

Irene :motonoises:

funsize said:
I would love to try out the Indian Scout.  It's just the right size for me.  There's an Indian dealer near where I live, I may have to go there and try it and see.

Irene :motonoises:

Looked at the scouts recently. Damn sharp looking. Price too high (that's just me). Will DEFINITELY go test ride in the spring, though I read up and they have short travel in suspension, and I'm not hot on the controls placement.

I test rode a scout this summer when the tour truck came to Kalamazoo.  Liked the feel of it as far as handling and power.  Better than I expected.  Not wild about the footpegs being way forward for my liking.  I'd rather have the pegs neutral with the option of cruiser mode (highway pegs), but felt awkward starting out with my feet that far forward.

Besides, I like my C10 better. :motonoises:

I had a 2014 Chief Vintage.
The entire top end, from the engine cases up, replaced twice under warranty.

I couldn't afford to let that bike get out of warranty coverage.
All that leather, whitewall tires and chrome spoke rims made for a workhorse that I spent as much time on up keep as riding.

It was a beautiful motorcycle though.

[/quote]

Looked at the scouts recently. Damn sharp looking. Price too high (that's just me). Will DEFINITELY go test ride in the spring, though I read up and they have short travel in suspension, and I'm not hot on the controls placement.
[/quote]

Let me know what your thoughts are after you've test ridden the Scout.

Irene

That new Scout FTR1200 looks awesome, if they actually produce it.

DOSBFYrXcAAcNZy.jpg

Rob9876 said:
That new Scout FTR1200 looks awesome, if they actually produce it.

DOSBFYrXcAAcNZy.jpg

It does look nice, but it made me think of a koenissegg and a ducati having sex, and this would be the result of it.