• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Ride To British Columbia- 17, 18, 19 JULY 2020

SidecarKen

I was wondering if anyone in B. C. or the pacific NW would be interested in a Toad Rock weekend ride.  Toad Rock is a motorcy6cle campground that5
is wonderful.  You can ride in toting all the gear you need for a weekend or you can come on a naked bike and pick up a cooler, your ice a sleeping bag and grab a beer when you come in.  There are big propane cook stoves, pans, motorcycle lift, places to lay you head for the night,  Tools.....anything you should need for a weekend get away.  some of us were talking at the ride the ribbon in John Day.  There were a couple people from B. C. and someone from Alberta.  anyone interested?

Google toad rock.  Lets see if we can conjure up some people for a ride in this beautiful area.  Near Belfour, or Nelson

Be advised,  for those with allergies, there is a pet pig on the property.  And she is free range, sooo you may wake up to some weird sounds.

It would be after the bun cooler.  hopefully, in June or the first part of summer,  Nancy is checking on insurance in Canada, if that is not an option we will do an informal meet and greet.  just drumming up interest now.  If you have a day that is of interest to you, or one that is not doable let me know.  Let me know your cutoff times for vacation calendars so we can set a firm date before your choice is up.  I am aiming to set a date by January.
  I am just sending out feelers right now.  Since there is a big cooking area and a community gathering spot there, we will have a cook out/BBQ.  We did that at the ride the ribbon and it was quite successful.

There are some good roads, though they tend to have lower speeds.  at Kootney lake(long lake-think of cour d lane) you can take a free ferry and then ride back, though the pass is quite high.

how does the 17, 18, 19 of July sound.  a month after national.

MARK YOUR CALENDAR,  PUT IN FOR VACATION, WHATEVER.

:wee_hee: :wee_hee: :wee_hee: :wee_hee: :wee_hee: :wee_hee: :wee_hee: :wee_hee:

hey, all>  we need to have a guestimate on how many people are interested in the ride.  Mary from Toad Rock has contacted me and would like an idea of how many to expect.  We are the first ones in for that weekend.  There are places to sleep to stay out of the elements, with clean bedding.  Nice showers and facilities.  There are ice chests, tents, sleeping bags....
I can cook up a breakfast and/or supper while we are there.  we'll figure that out a bit later.
I am asking an ad or aad to post this on a calender, or for know, just post a response, as we need an idea of who would like to come.  please let me know if you are INTERESTED so I can let Mary know.  Please go to TOAD ROCK CAMPGROUND and look at the website.  When you go to the site you can see some sleeping places.  we need to know if you want a cabin(Limited number) or tent(plenty of room). 

I have a mid interest, I have done many rides in that area in decades past but never investigated Toad Rock. The more draconian speeding laws CA have enacted make it less appealing, 40KPH/24MPH over any posted limit they can and will impound your ride for 1 week. This is perhaps more for the Metro areas, and in the Thompson I used to get a wagging 'no no' finger from RCMP, but now not so sure. Maybe 24 over is not an issue for many... Also the insurance tango. Probably also not an issue for most COG members who carry insurance and now that WA makes it mandatory when for years you could ride a bike without. I still had a group of friends get big tickets because they did not have 'Canada recognized insurance'...they did get the tickets dropped but what a hassle. My State Farm guy will send me a printable notice and special cards for trips to CA or MEX if I request.

I'm in.  A ride to Canada sounds like fun.  I can also help with creating the calendar listing.

I wish it was on different dates. I have a dual sport ride in Canada at the same time and then another in Montana as soon as I get home and wash cloths.

I don't want to miss it, but probably will.

I leave on July 5th to go to Siberia. We'll be sharing the Gospel in the prisons, and training the locals on prison ministry.  I'm not sure when we'll be back.  And our 46th wedding anniversary is on the 20th.

Chris

I learned something that might help. If needing an enhanced driver's license to get into Canada, all you need is a Military ID.  This will work for proving US citizenship. I had a class in Chelan in reference to my seat on City Counsel. Chelan City Hall is next door to the DMV office there. DMV had posted a list of things that could be used to prove citizenship. I was taken back the Military ID would work. I all ways thought I was going to have to get a birth certificate which would prove to be a pain. I don't know about other states but it will work at least here in Washington. So count me in. Tim