• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Ride to Eat - VA

svo68

Scooter
We are getting together to have dinner on June 5th at Shawn's Smokehouse BBQ Company 602 Sperryville Pike Culpeper, VA 6:00 PM.

Information about additional scheduled meet and eats's in different areas of the state will be coming soon. Hope many will attend.  :welcome:

Excellent...  wish I could make it to some of these activities.  Have you asked Pat to add this to the online Event Calendar?

Tim And Trish said:
Yes, I sent him the information for them through October.

:13:

A few friendly :pokestick: may get it posted quicker  ;D
(They need to be on the calendar to be picked up in the newsletter)

I sent the info to Pat yesterday.  :(  I was late putting things together, so if anyone was dragging their feet, it was me!!  :-[

He seemed pretty glad to hear about the rides, so i think he will post soon.

Will just have to do better in the future!!

Tim And Trish said:
I sent the info to Pat yesterday.  :(  I was late putting things together, so if anyone was dragging their feet, it was me!!  :-[

He seemed pretty glad to hear about the rides, so i think he will post soon.

Will just have to do better in the future!!

It's all good.  Thanks for pulling these together.  :allhail:

Hi, back in the saddle here. Yes, new events for Meet and Greet and Eats are listed on the NE calendar for June, July, August, September, and October.

Thanks much Tim for sending the info! Please contact Tim for any further info regarding these.  :great:

Looking forward on the NE calendar, any particular reason that all of the "Meet and Eat and Greet" events are all on Wednesday evening? Wednesday evening is the one night that I am busy every week.

Stretch72 said:
Looking forward on the NE calendar, any particular reason that all of the "Meet and Eat and Greet" events are all on Wednesday evening? Wednesday evening is the one night that I am busy every week.

I was kinda wondering the same thing.  I'm glad these events are occurring, but could there be more participation on a Saturday at lunch time? 

Saturdays are for long rides  :great:
There are many Saturday rides. Come have dinner Wednesday.
Any time you guys want to go somewhere Saturday, let
Me know.

The occasional Tuesday or Thursday would be nice. I install and operate the sound equipment for my "mobile" church every Wednesday night from 6-8pm for Bible study.  I definitely would like to meet more riders in the area, just not ready for a full blown weekend-a-palooza yet.

We scheduled these in different cities monthly. A couple
are two hours for me but I'm going. One night a monh??
Hopefully one of the cities is close to where you guys are.
Check the calander for the different towns. Culpeper,
Fredericksburg, Harrisonburg, Manassas and Richmond.
Hope you guys can make one or more. 

If'n ya want a different night, then someone else can plan it and make it happen. Many hands lighten the load.

Tim And Trish said:
We scheduled these in different cities monthly. A couple
are two hours for me but I'm going. One night a monh??
Hopefully one of the cities is close to where you guys are.
Check the calander for the different towns. Culpeper,
Fredericksburg, Harrisonburg, Manassas and Richmond.
Hope you guys can make one or more.

I'm in Richmond.  If we've had these dinners in Richmond in the past I completely missed it somehow.  I'll be watching for one in the future. 

I'm in Richmond.  If we've had these dinners in Richmond in the past I completely missed it somehow.  I'll be watching for one in the future.
[/quote]

No, this is something new. The Culpeper and Fredericksburg rides shouldn't be too far for you. There will be two guys riding to them from Midlothian.

Definitely keep me in the loop when one is scheduled in the Richmond area.

FWIW - the local ADV group (Richmond Chatter) has a RTE every Friday at one of the local eateries at 11:30. Attendance varies from week to week... depending on how busy everyone is at the time. Fare also changes from BBQ, Greek, Thai.... depending on the selected spot for the week. Good chance to meet some of the locals.

Tim And Trish said:

No, this is something new. The Culpeper and Fredericksburg rides shouldn't be too far for you. There will be two guys riding to them from Midlothian.
[/quote]

You're correct, nothing is too far for a Concours rider, but weekdays being works days make it difficult time wise for me.  I used to be a COG AD in the Dallas area many years ago and it's impossible to organize something that everyone can attend, so please carry on and I'll attend when possible.  ;)

Way to go Tim! Thanks for scheduling this and fielding all of the questions and comments so politely and respectfully.  No day of the week or time of day will satisfy everybody's schedule.  Thankfully, with a club this large and so many dedicated supporters, there are plenty of events on other days, dates and times.  I plan on being at all of the Wednesday night meet/eat/greet events that I can.  http://forum.cog-online.org/Smileys/FantasticSmileys/You_Rock_Emoticon.gif

I "might" come up to this (4 or so hour ride one way), but would need a place to bunk at for the night.

I'll even let all of you chip in and buy me dinner (the 5th is my birthday).

Now "if" I do get to make this, I hope that it doesn't make some of you Va. people look too bad for not attending!  ;D  :-X

The Pope said:
Now "if" I do get to make this, I hope that it doesn't make some of you Va. people look too bad for not attending!  ;D  :-X

Naw, I look bad already!  :)

I'm betting you don't have to work that day.    :great:

I'm planning, and hoping, to make all of them.  I think they're a great idea, and appreciate the effort Tim's made in putting them together.

The Pope said:
I "might" come up to this (4 or so hour ride one way), but would need a place to bunk at for the night.

I'll even let all of you chip in and buy me dinner (the 5th is my birthday).

Would love to have you! It would be a sad day if our NC brother shamed the VA contingent!  :-\

Thanks guys! It was my pleasure. Look forward to seeing you there.

hlh1 said:
I'm betting you don't have to work that day.    :great:

I do my best to take my birthday off.  :great:
AND if they (work) have any issues, I'll just take the whole week off!  :nananana:
(got 5 days of vacation to burn before the end of June)

Tim And Trish said:
The Pope said:

Would love to have you! It would be a sad day if our NC brother shamed the VA contingent!

I'm still on track to come up. I just need to lock in on somewhere to bunk for the night.

Hey Tim And Trish....... was that an offer????

The Pope said:
Tim And Trish said:
The Pope said:

Would love to have you! It would be a sad day if our NC brother shamed the VA contingent!

I'm still on track to come up. I just need to lock in on somewhere to bunk for the night.

Hey Tim And Trish....... was that an offer????

we can squeeze you in. as long as you are okay with a cat, a few dogs (4), and us!  we are 2 hours from dinner, so we will have a short ride home afterward.

let us know. we both have to work Thursday, so it will be an early day.

oh, we are five miles from the house to the BRP, mile marker zero, so your ride home would be sweet as well.

Thanks Tim & Trish, but as it turns out, I'm not going to be able to make it up there this time.  :16:

Still looking for a few more to join us. Tomorrow afternoon. It gets dark after 9:30 so getting home shouldn't be an issue. Weather is great!!

Hope to see you there.

;)

Great Ride, had 11 turn out for some great BBQ.

Next month we are in Fredericksburg. Hope you join us.

Calendar has the info.

:great:

As Tim said, this was a fun dinner with eleven Coggers there. If you are in Culpeper (and hungry!), Shawn's Smokehouse BBQ is worth a stop. Excellent food and service. Riding weather was about perfect, too.

Thanks again for setting these up, Tim.  :great:

Had a great time, can't wait for the next one. And, yeah, Shawn's Smokehouse is excellent.  Thanks, Tim.  :beerchug:

Round 2 Coming up in Fredericksburg!

:welcome:

July17
6:00 PM

Pho Siagon
2601 Salem Church Road
Fredericksburg, VA

Hope to see you there!!
:motonoises:

1,400 miles one way is a long trip for dinner though. Come on Andy, you can do it!

Still sitting at eight for this one.

Are there others coming? Kirk, you and Sue coming?

Dinner this Thursday!!  :beerchug:

Weather looking wonderful, if not just plan HOT  :( 

Pho Siagon
2601 Salem Church Road
Fredericksburg, VA

Hope to see many of you there. 9 signed up so far!! :)

Tim And Trish said:
Dinner this Thursday!!  :beerchug:

Weather looking wonderful, if not just plan HOT  :( 

Pho Siagon
2601 Salem Church Road
Fredericksburg, VA

Hope to see many of you there. 9 signed up so far!! :)

Yes Wednesday  I have no idea why i wrote Thursday.  :( :-[

I need a drink :party0036: :party0036: :party0036: :party0036: :party0036: :party0036: :party0036: :party0036: :party0036: :party0036:

Good times and good food! 

Had 10 show up!! Good crowd for a Wednesday.

Two new prospects!

Hope all made it home safe. See you again next month. 8/7 Harrisonburg!! Check the calendar.

Lots of fun!  Great group of people to spend the evening with.  The spring rolls were great, and that other stuff I ate was good, too.  :) 

August 7th  6:00 PM 
Join us for dinner in Harrisonburg. Turnout for these has been pretty good, so join the crowd.

Clementine
153 South Main Street, Harrisonburg, VA

Hope to see many of you there, 9 signed up so far.  :great:

Looks like we may have a good crowd. 11 signed up so far for August.
Join us? August 7th at Clementine Main Street Harrisonburg
6:00 pm

Tomorrow night, August 7th at 6:00 PM. Hope a few more can make it.

Clementine at 153 South main Street, Harrisonburg, VA 540-801-8881

Maybe have time for a trip up 33?????  :great: :motonoises:

Great time tonight.  Nice turnout, and good food.  Can't wait for the next one in Manassas, VA.  :beerchug:

It was indeed a very good time. Great to see everyone, and meet some of our newest Coggers. Nice venue, Glen.

Hope that everyone made it back home before the t-storms hit.

See some of younz at Dog Days!

Good crowd! Good food, I liked that place and would like to visit again. Turning right toward Waynesboro on 33 was rather difficult. Taking a left would have been much more fun!!

See you guys next month:  Okra's at 9110 Center Street, Manassas, VA 703-330-2729  9/4, another Wednesday night!

6:00PM as usual.

Cajin cooking I understand!!!  http://okras.com/

Hope you can make it!

Coming up next week! Join us in Manassas. Hope to see several of you there. Wednesday night

Okra's at 9110 Center Street, Manassas, VA 703-330-2729 at 06:00 PM

:beerchug:

Tim And Trish said:
Coming up next week! Join us in Manassas. Hope to see several of you there. Wednesday night

Okra's at 9110 Center Street, Manassas, VA 703-330-2729 at 06:00 PM

:beerchug:

doesn't look like I will make it tonight --- but hope you all have a good time!

We had 10 people show up for the dinner. Okra's is a great place to eat if you're in Manassas. Good company and conversation, stayed way later than planned and made it home at dark thirty. Work today will not be a lot of fun.....actually it was dark before we left.

Next month, October 2, at 6:00 PM Quaker Steak and Lube, 800 W Broad Street, Henrico, VA (Richmond) 804-217-9464. This is our last scheduled dinner for the year so if you've thought about it, this will be the one to attend. Something might come up in November, depending on schedules and weather, but nothing planned at this time. Everyone should be at the Natural Bridge KOA on 11/8 for the Burr Ride weekend. We can have dinner together there!!! :great:

Looking at next year, we're open to suggestions on the schedule, the areas and the food.

Hope to see you in Richmond.

That was an awesome turnout!  A lot of nice people - great camaraderie.  Looking forward to the next one in Richmond.  :great:

Great food, and got to meet some members I had not seen before. Looking forward to the next one.  :beerchug:

A shot of the bikes that showed up last night. We also had a sv650 and another 14 that is not pictured.

Attachments

• manassas.jpg
    manassas.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 95
You know it's bike night at the Quaker Steak and Lube on Wednesday night, so not only will we get to have dinner together, we will get a show as well.

Represent!

Tim And Trish said:
You know it's bike night at the Quaker Steak and Lube on Wednesday night, so not only will we get to have dinner together, we will get a show as well.

Represent!

That place gets a little zoo-ey, so be prepared.  :beerchug:

Hope you show up Guy!

The address is 8000 W Broad Street, Henrico, VA (Richmond) 804-217-9464, not 800.

Hope we have a good crowd

Seven showed for our last meet and eat of the year. The food was great and we got to see many nice bikes.....all the connies were the nicest though. There were at least two additional connie riders that I spoke with about joining the club.

It was a pleasure to meet two more members, Paul and Jim last night. Over the past few months, I have connected with several members that I had never met. These meets were a pleasure and I'm looking forward to next year.

Suggestions so far for improving them have been to change the night away from Wednesday, how's Tuesday sound? Also to pick a certain day, like the second Tuesday of each month, regardless of the dates. I think we want to have one in Williamsburg or VA Beach area next year as well.

Hope to see many of you at the burr ride!!

Look for the schedule of dinners coming soon!!
;)

I've wanted to come up for one of these, but Mon-Thur just will not work for me.
If you'd make it for a Friday, some of us that can't do a work nigh might be able to show up. Just saying.  ::)