• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Ron Ramlow, COG #3

Thank You Ron and Carol for your selflessness and giving us hard cases a home!

Carol our hearts and thoughts are with you.

RIP Ron.

I saw the subject line and was afraid of this news. Ron patiently answered my phone questions questions about the 1991 Banff rally (our first) in 1991. I'm sure he was busy and had many other things to do but he was very generous with his time. Day one we rode as a group into the perpetually foggy and rainy Canadian Rockies. Although I could not ride anywhere near Ron's ability on those wet roads (and never will) Ron's riding skills inspired awe.
I'm sure it wasn't easy, Ron had health challenges back then that didn't hold him back or slow him down.
Ron (and Carol) really set in motion a group I've happily belonged to for 30 years now. Godspeed Ron and deep sympathies to Carol and Ron's many friends.

Talked with him several times on the phone, Had dinner with him once...just a good spirit ..

RIP Ron...we will all get there someday

Murph

Sad to read this news. He and Carol exuded nothing but class at the National in Johnson City, TN, and the stories Perry King told about them were so much fun to listen to. Ron was one of the greats.

Both He and Carol were/are some of the finest folks I have ever met. Both were super helpful in the resurrection of SWCOG. They both cared for this club and it's members deeply and sincerely. Fred, Please keep me posted on services. I've lost my past contact list due to email change.

Good people. Wish I'd made an effort to get to know him better.

Goodspeed my friend.

2014%20Nat%20Ron%201a-L.jpg

2014 National, Johnson City, TN

Last edited:
I was lucky to meet him in person at the 2014 national, although we did email once or twice. Ron influenced COG during it's infancy, and he had many stories to tell about the club's early days. He was well known within his regional motorcycling community. He will be missed by all who knew him.

IMG_5867.jpg