• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

RTE Bub-A-Que Jasper GA - Re-Schedule?

ron203

Southeast Area Director
Just found this one and it looks good. The date just "snuck up" on me when, I realized I had the day to ride, so rather than to check it out alone, I thought I'd invite a couple of thousand of my friends. But weather permitting, I'm going.  :motonoises: 

Bub-a-Que is another one of those places around Atlanta that started with a BBQ contestant being told he ought to open a restaurant. Jasper is on the northside of the city and easily accessible to the mountains afterward.  Afterwards, I'm going to ride over Burnt Mountain Rd, down to Ellijay, back to Dahlonega and enjoy the Ga hills and curves. If you go west or north, it's nice riding.

Let's hope for warm spring weather, but in Georgia in late March we might have snow or 70 degrees. Roll the dice...

Hope to see you there.

Ron

One week out! Forecast is cloudy, 63, overcast, chance of showers. Perfect riding weather to go ATGATT!

Y'all sign up so I can callahead.

Thanks!

Ron

Well.............I guess I'll join the herd and cancel this RTE. Let's do it later, maybe June?
Thanks,
Ron

Okay! 2020 is gone-hooray! Well, let’s try this again.

Since we last talked, I visited this place and sat on the nice outside deck. Food was pretty good too. So anyone want to try this again in August on a Saturday? Which Saturday?
Yes/No? Do it before the leaf lookers start?
Comment?

Counted! I'm sort of waiting on the boss to see if we're going to Boston to visit our daughter, but that's Tbd. Thanks.

Was there ever a date/time pegged for this? My weekends are tied up every other weekend (divorced dad and all) but if I'm free, I'd like to try and make it.

Never nailed this down. Let's make it easy for you: August 21 or 28th? Those fall between BTH (w/e of 7/31 and RWTW w/e Sept 10-11.) Thoughts?

Excellent. If I don’t hear from our friend tomorrow, I’ll go with the 21st. Thanks guys.

Ok guys. No word-so, it’s going on the calendar for 8/21/21 at 11:30am. Hope you come and bring a friend.

I had lunch there a while back and it’s pretty good. Nice big deck for outside seating, but it gets busy on Saturday.

1976 Hwy 53 W,
Jasper, GA 30143

Ok guys. No word-so, it’s going on the calendar for 8/21/21 at 11:30am. Hope you come and bring a friend.

I had lunch there a while back and it’s pretty good. Nice big deck for outside seating, but it gets busy on Saturday.

1976 Hwy 53 W,
Jasper, GA 30143
:( Ron, I now have a conflict on the 21st; go figure. I'll be down in Talladega area w/ bike on that weekend. If this RTE happens to change to the 28th, I'm in, but please do not change it on my account. My loss!

Well crud. I’m fitting this one in between some other stuff on my family calendar. Let’s see what happens.😣

Sorry for delayed reply gang - been a rough week. When you get your 40 hours in by wednesday evening, you know you're working too hard. I just PM'ed Ron - I'm free the 28th - if you guys decide to move to that date, I'd love to meet up. If not, I'll catch the next one (or maybe even I'll schedule one for out here in West Ga somewhere at some point). Cheaha State Park over in Alabama has a nice twisty run up to the top of the mountain...

Sorry for delayed reply gang - been a rough week. When you get your 40 hours in by wednesday evening, you know you're working too hard. I just PM'ed Ron - I'm free the 28th - if you guys decide to move to that date, I'd love to meet up. If not, I'll catch the next one (or maybe even I'll schedule one for out here in West Ga somewhere at some point). Cheaha State Park over in Alabama has a nice twisty run up to the top of the mountain...
Woo hoo, oh yeah!

I am looking at this closely. If so I will come up on Friday and stay with my sister in Gainesville, Ron we can ride up together if it happens.

Jerry this will probably move to the 28th, but still looking forward to seeing you!

(So, you guys up for the 28th? It’s all good to me!)

Okay guys, it’s updated. See you on the 28th! (Thanks Mark!)

Please sign up for the “headcount.”
Thanks

Running count: (10)
Ron +1 guest (Garfield) (2)
Chris (1)
Jerry Holland (1) (Konehead, are you coming with Jerry?)
David, Marina, Conner (3)
Ken Skinner (1)
Tom Sills (1)
Matt Magee (1)

Please register if you haven't.
Thanks

Added an additional guest making me + 2.

Now 11.

Please sign up for the "head count."

Thanks!
Hey Ron, you'll see (in an email) that I invited quite a number of folks in north AL to join me on the trek your way. If they don't respond to my email, then I'll call or text them.

See you soon!

thinking about coming over from augusta. i’ll letcha know soon. trying to get some guest to go too. i’m 4 hours from jasper on backroads.

i’m locked. will be coming myself
i20 to ga15 to ga53 all the way. look for the silver connie with the black dragons

Attachments

• 2E4DE4FC-D43D-41D9-83BF-0BED3D2F8308.jpeg
    2E4DE4FC-D43D-41D9-83BF-0BED3D2F8308.jpeg
    230.6 KB · Views: 136
Got 2-3 more. Gonna be a fun lunch.
I’ll “warn” then for 15. See you there.
Add another with me, Ron.
Four (4): Me, Marina, Connor (you met) and another grandson (Gavin).

I'm calling a few others nearby to see if they will ride over with me. Little to no response to the e-mail I sent them.

I talked with Ron today, I am going to get an early start Saturday morning and take the long way to the restaurant. I will be there by 11am

We are reserved on the deck for 11:30. If you get there first, ask for the COG group, Michele will probably be out server. Thanks guys!

Hey guys - had to cancel my registration. Life has been keeping me too busy of late and I've been on the bike exactly twice since I got her in early July (and only for about an hour combined). I'm way too rusty to be venturing across town to meet up with you guys and I darn sure don't need to be tempted to go run some twisties with the gang after lunch. Hopefully I can get some time free this weekend to shake the cobwebs off her anyway but at the rate I'm going, I'll likely wind up working quite a bit this weekend.

Feel like a bit of a wanker since I'm the one that kicked this thread back up the list (and even got date change to meet my schedule). Looks like you're going to get a good turn-out so anyway so I hope you guys have a good time!

Ride safe :)

Well crud. You know that you’re in charge of the next one, right? 😉
I figured that was coming and I accept the responsibility! I'm pretty bummed to be honest - I remember COGgers as being a pretty jovial bunch and given the last couple months of work, I could stand a heavy dose of joviality :)

EVERYBODY rides their own ride at their own pace. U should never force urself to ride at a pace thats beyond your comfort and skill level. U should still attend cuz, yes u need their joviality....

I talked with Ron today, I am going to get an early start Saturday morning and take the long way to the restaurant. I will be there by 11am
we might cross paths. im taking 15 to greensboro and pick up 53 in watkinsville. ridin it all the way to jasper. leaving at 0700. you could pick up ga15 in higgston

Last edited:
18 in attendance, incl members, guests, and family.. Good food and a great day to ride!

Hope to see you at Run With The Wolf the weekend after Labor Day weekend. Please remember that if you want to partake of the evening meal on Saturday, you must be registered

Thanks everyone.
Ron

just walked in the door I had a great time. it was great to meet cog members. thanx for having me

Attachments

• IMG_20210828_113338_379.jpg
    IMG_20210828_113338_379.jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_20210828_105935_457.jpg
    IMG_20210828_105935_457.jpg
    296.1 KB · Views: 125
18 in attendance, incl members, guests, and family.. Good food and a great day to ride!

Hope to see you at Run With The Wolf the weekend after Labor Day weekend. Please remember that if you want to partake of the evening meal on Saturday, you must be registered

Thanks everyone.
Ron
We enjoyed it, even though we were 30+ mins late "to the party." Unfortunately, we had little conversation with my fellow COG'ers and friends.

Next time we'll be early. A couple of missed key turns cost us valuable time.

I ended up with ~410 miles round-trip. All-in-all, a great day. :)

We enjoyed it, even though we were 30+ mins late "to the party." Unfortunately, we had little conversation with my fellow COG'ers and friends.

I was close to that. 188 there, 200 home. downtown atl was crazy but the concours makes it all worth it😉

I hope you didn’t feel neglected. I don’t “work groups” well.😟 You’ve got a beautiful family. I know you’re proud of them!